When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #1336
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Hopefully all of us here agree that the sender or senders of these bombs should be caught and punished to the fullest extent possible. Politicians, while overall idiots, are a fundamental part of our US democracy, and individual violence against any of them should not be tolerated.
This is a message even Trump can't screw up. Kudos to him and the overall regime for the uniform denouncement against this bs. Initial impressions is that the person responsible did a good job of covering up his tracks, but I have faith we will find the person responsible.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #1337
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This is a message even Trump can't screw up. Kudos to him and the overall regime for the uniform denouncement against this bs. Initial impressions is that the person responsible did a good job of covering up his tracks, but I have faith we will find the person responsible.
This is honestly what the fbi and quantico does best. It would be shocking to me if they didnt piece it all together quickly.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:43 PM   #1338
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cnn can fuck off for blaming the president for this. It’s pathetic
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:55 PM   #1339
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Cnn can fuck off for blaming the president for this. It’s pathetic
I mean from my perspective it's easy to link the most powerful man in the world relentlessly verbally abusing Obama, Clinton, and CNN with someone taking that message too far. But that's just me. Rationally, I'd put some blame on the president for spreading the message, and most of the blame on the deranged individual stupid enough to send pipe bombs in the mail.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:04 PM   #1340
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I mean from my perspective it's easy to link the most powerful man in the world relentlessly verbally abusing Obama, Clinton, and CNN with someone taking that message too far. But that's just me. Rationally, I'd put some blame on the president for spreading the message, and most of the blame on the deranged individual stupid enough to send pipe bombs in the mail.
I agree with this .
Old 10-24-2018, 11:05 PM   #1341
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
So does the same apply to Bernie Sanders and his follower who shot a republican congressman and had a list of others?

But what amazes me with this, Kavanaugh, even the Saudi situation is the fact that things like evidence, proof of specific individual intent, and even basic waiting for facts, seems to be thrown out of the liberal media's legal lexicon.

When the fbi finds the person or people who did this then we can identify their intent. In my opinion, and this doesnt mean i approve in any way, if a far right idiot or far left idiot intended for these things to cause real harm then they likely would have know how to build them. More likely this was really pure political theatrical terrorism - meaning the intent was not the explosions themselves as much as the terror that they have created and the media backlash 2 weeks before an important election.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #1342
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If these were sent to GOP, CNN would blame the President as well. We all know that.

Story already written in their minds, hence the biased media and their political agenda.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:23 AM   #1343
MTK
\m/

Words matter.

When you're the President and you routinely attack the media and basically anyone who doesn't kiss your feet and things like this happen, don't be surprised when the suggestion is made that you may have some responsibility.

Let's just say at the very least, Trump's constant attacks on others is not constructive and to think there are no consequences is just naive.

I mean, this did just happen too... Groping suspect says Trump said it was OK to grab women
Old 10-25-2018, 08:28 AM   #1344
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So does the same apply to Bernie Sanders and his follower who shot a republican congressman and had a list of others?

But what amazes me with this, Kavanaugh, even the Saudi situation is the fact that things like evidence, proof of specific individual intent, and even basic waiting for facts, seems to be thrown out of the liberal media's legal lexicon.

When the fbi finds the person or people who did this then we can identify their intent. In my opinion, and this doesnt mean i approve in any way, if a far right idiot or far left idiot intended for these things to cause real harm then they likely would have know how to build them. More likely this was really pure political theatrical terrorism - meaning the intent was not the explosions themselves as much as the terror that they have created and the media backlash 2 weeks before an important election.
Sure, if you can find evidence of Bernie Sanders displaying a cavalier attitude about violence towards his political opponents, I'd put some blame on him too.

The reason it's important for politicians to have tact is because every major politician is going to have fanatics that will take everything they say to heart.

I agree with your 2nd bolded statement too. Whoever did this had to know there's no way they would get through to their targets.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #1345
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
If these were sent to GOP, CNN would blame the President as well. We all know that.

Story already written in their minds, hence the biased media and their political agenda.
The problem is that they weren't. I'm noticing a theme here, every time this shit happens you tend to talk about "well if the shoe was on the other foot... the media would do this." Only far left/far right media sells on "whatabout/what if" scenarios.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #1346
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Words matter.

When you're the President and you routinely attack the media and basically anyone who doesn't kiss your feet and things like this happen, don't be surprised when the suggestion is made that you may have some responsibility.

Let's just say at the very least, Trump's constant attacks on others is not constructive and to think there are no consequences is just naive.

I mean, this did just happen too... Groping suspect says Trump said it was OK to grab women

trump could not go a day without blaming the Media for this...............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...113937887.html

Donald Trump Attacks 'Hateful' Media Amid Flurry Of Suspicious Packages
HuffPost Hayley Miller,HuffPost

President Donald Trump on Thursday resumed his attack on what he called the “fake news” media after suspicious packages containing potential explosives were sent to CNN and several high-profile Democrats.

“A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News,” Trump tweeted. “It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!”

Trump’s latest attack on the press came a day after what appeared to be pipe bombs were sent to several major Democratic players, including Hillary and Bill Clinton, former President Barack Obama and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).

On Thursday morning, police removed a similar suspicious package from the Manhattan offices of actor Robert DeNiro, who has traded insults with Trump.

The packages look similar, and appear to have been sent by the same individual or individuals, authorities said. The motive was unclear, and no one has claimed responsibility.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:21 AM   #1347
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The problem is that they weren't. I'm noticing a theme here, every time this shit happens you tend to talk about "well if the shoe was on the other foot... the media would do this." Only far left/far right media sells on "whatabout/what if" scenarios.
Why not try to look at everything from all sides? That's kinda the problem with this country...the refusal to see all sides of an issue. People just want the comfort of their bubble because its easier to be a sheep with everything nodding in agreement.

In order to think objectively I try to change perspective to put myself on the other side in order to see big picture. Its a strategy for sure because it will provide context, helps remove emotion and more importantly bias.

So yes, look at every side of an argument, try to understand perspective....it will help give context, it will make you more objective.

I aint mad at you...but yes, I def try to look at both sides. I see CNN certainly isn't doing this, hence the frustration with a large platform providing false narratives, cherry picking facts, giving no context, pointing fingers, AND most importantly calling itself a news organization while pissing all over the ethics of journalism.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #1348
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Why not try to look at everything from all sides? That's kinda the problem with this country...the refusal to see all sides of an issue. People just want the comfort of their bubble because its easier to be a sheep with everything nodding in agreement.

In order to think objectively I try to change perspective to put myself on the other side in order to see big picture. Its a strategy for sure because it will provide context, helps remove emotion and more importantly bias.

So yes, look at every side of an argument, try to understand perspective....it will help give context, it will make you more objective.

I aint mad at you...but yes, I def try to look at both sides. I see CNN certainly isn't doing this, hence the frustration with a large platform providing false narratives, cherry picking facts, giving no context, pointing fingers, AND most importantly calling itself a news organization while pissing all over the ethics of journalism.

Chico , honest question. From your post's do you really believe that you look at everything from all (both) sides of an issue , do you honestly believe you are objective?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #1349
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Why don't you look at it from the perspective of the nut job? Aka, why would I send this? Where would my motivation to send these come from? Who are the major influences in my life that have led me to believe this is the best course of action?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #1350
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why don't you look at it from the perspective of the nut job? Aka, why would I send this? Where would my motivation to send these come from? Who are the major influences in my life that have led me to believe this is the best course of action?
You kinda answer why...but I would wait to find out who, how many, etc. I know its great jump to conclusions...again another principle of shit journalism, but it could be a group ie weathermen. But yes any criminal...we should always look at motivation...I’m certainly taking that into perspective.

But you already know my opinion that the media/social media who is making a ton of revenue in splintering this country in two is responsible for a majority of the political discourse in this country. Political figures such as Trump, Eric Holder, Maxine Waters, Cuomo, etc have embraced a combative tone. We've seen groups such as Proud Boys, Antifa, etc embrace violence with political thought....

Just this past week, NBC news asked Michelle Obama if going high was still the right thing to do? The media has 110% nurtured, encourage and celebrate it....more revenue.

But my statement before is right becuase the dude who shot up the gop...media blamed the president. So we knew the answer already.