Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #1336
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Breaking news: the smoke coming from the Vatican chimney has the unmistakable smell of marijuana. Said one Cardinal, "4/20 came early this year!"
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #1337
firstdown
Living Legend

Every body must get stoned.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #1338
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Breaking news: the smoke coming from the Vatican chimney has the unmistakable smell of marijuana. Said one Cardinal, "4/20 came early this year!"
could you imagine sitting in the St Peter's Basilica...with the next pope? that would be incredible. Place looks beatiful

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #1339
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
could you imagine sitting in the St Peter's Basilica...with the next pope? that would be incredible. Place looks beatiful
Yes, that would be super cool.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #1340
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The Catholic church is still in the dark ages. Seriously smoke signals? It is time to put some traditions to rest.
Based on everything i've read, heard about from my mom (who was raised in a catholic family), and seen in my personal experience, the Catholic Church is more about tradition than anything else. I went to a Catholic funeral and was creeped out by all the ceremony, chanting, incense, etc. It felt more like going to a costume drama from the dark ages than anything resembling a respectful funeral service. The priest in his fancy garb actually said that God killed the deceased to bring lapsed catholics back to church so they could participate in mass. I was disgusted that thats the kind of "comfort" being provided to a grieving family who just watched someone they love suffer through 10 years of painful cancer and die. God did all that so that a few catholics could eat a cracker and have a sip of grape juice? Gee, thanks. If you take the "tradition" away from the Catholic church, i dont know what would be left of it. Smoke signals are all they have.

Ok, i'm done with my rant. I apologize if i offended anyone. I know that my limited experience is not representative of all individual catchloics, many/most of whom are my good, honest, hardworking, redskins living brethren.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #1341
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Based on everything i've read, heard about from my mom (who was raised in a catholic family), and seen in my personal experience, the Catholic Church is more about tradition than anything else. I went to a Catholic funeral and was creeped out by all the ceremony, chanting, incense, etc. It felt more like going to a costume drama from the dark ages than anything resembling a respectful funeral service. The priest in his fancy garb actually said that God killed the deceased to bring lapsed catholics back to church so they could participate in mass. I was disgusted that thats the kind of "comfort" being provided to a grieving family who just watched someone they love suffer through 10 years of painful cancer and die. God did all that so that a few catholics could eat a cracker and have a sip of grape juice? Gee, thanks. If you take the "tradition" away from the Catholic church, i dont know what would be left of it. Smoke signals are all they have.

Ok, i'm done with my rant. I apologize if i offended anyone. I know that my limited experience is not representative of all individual catchloics, many/most of whom are my good, honest, hardworking, redskins living brethren.
I am Catholic; well I was raised Catholic. The majority of family including my parents have just walked away from the church. It is a joke.

Sadly unless they change more and more people are going to walk away from them.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #1342
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I am Catholic; well I was raised Catholic. The majority of family including my parents have just walked away from the church. It is a joke.

Sadly unless they change more and more people are going to walk away from them.
I think people are walking away from religion in general. I know there are are alot of good people who are catholic, and i know that they do sponsor alot of charities. But from a "religious" perspective, i agree with you - the church is a joke and doesnt offer people anything of value, other than the threat of eternal damnation if youre not Catholic. I suppose most religions teach that they are the only "right" one. I mean, why be part of one particular religion/beleif system (whether its judiasm, christian, hindu, muslim, athiesm, etc) if you don't think thats the only/right/best way. I'm not saying these religions dont teach tolerance/acceptance/cooperation with people of other faiths, but they intrinsically teach that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Catholicism just seems to be immersed in too much circus-like tradition to be taken seriously. Again, im sure there is variation between churches and different countries, so i'm only basing this on my limited experience and what ive heard from others.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #1343
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just heard this convo between 2 guys in there mid twenties:

Dude one: "So you gonna meet us out there after you go home"

Dude two: "My phone is dead, I gotta re charge it. I dont like being out without it. Probably just stay in and let it charge."

Dude one: "Yeah, I know what your saying."

Is this acceptable to everyone?

He Gets Us
Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #1344
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Just heard this convo between 2 guys in there mid twenties:

Dude one: "So you gonna meet us out there after you go home"

Dude two: "My phone is dead, I gotta re charge it. I dont like being out without it. Probably just stay in and let it charge."

Dude one: "Yeah, I know what your saying."

Is this acceptable to everyone?
Mad weak excuse. He might as well say he's staying in to wash his hair.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #1345
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yep that means girlfriend has his nuts
Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #1346
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I do retail work in Bethesda now (shoe sales), and a customer complained because apparently she felt like I thought she was going to steal something because I was circling around her.

Scenario: She's trying on designer shoes (which means they tend to be higher end) and I glance over at her, which is something we always do to deter theft and because we have a ton of high end shoes theft runs rampant, and in return she gives me the stink eye.

I walk around, straighten up a few things, and I can feel her watching me. I look around the area to assess what needs to be done and catch eyes with this woman. More stink eye.

A customer asks me for help looking for a shoe for a wedding she has to attend. I tend to the customer, walking around aisles looking for a shoe I think she'd like. After I'm done helping her I look around to figure out what else I need to do in this area... More stink eye. Then she gets up and leaves.

When paying for her items, she complains to my assistant manager that she thinks I was eyeing her because she was going to steal something.

Retail sucks.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #1347
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I just think our cell phone/smart phone obsession in this country is amazing. It controls people's lives and its like their only sense of security. I just wanted to smack the guy. What a lil bitch. And then for his friend to agree...I could never say that to a friend in fear of ridicule.

He Gets Us
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #1348
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I just think our cell phone/smart phone obsession in this country is amazing. It controls people's lives and its like their only sense of security. I just wanted to smack the guy. What a lil bitch. And then for his friend to agree...I could never say that to a friend in fear of ridicule.
I forgot my cell at home today. I was like F it I am not going back. Sits at my desk doing nothing all day.

Other then checking scores from time to time or an occasional call it is never used.

My neighbors daughter (27) has a son (4). She never watches her kid just has her phone pressed to her face 24/7. It amazes me how someone can be so addicted to their phone.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #1349
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well I won't lie, I always use my phone but I have to for my work.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #1350
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yep that means girlfriend has his nuts
This whole stupid young generation has been neutered by their phones. Pathetic. They THINK they cannot function without them.