Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It's DALLASS WEEK 2013 (Part 1)!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #121
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: It's DALLASS WEEK 2013 (Part 1)!!!

Designed runs are great...until RG takes another Ngata type hit and is set back further in his pro development.

#whythe****dowehavetorelyongimmickstomovetheball

#schemeandplaycalling

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #122
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Designed runs are great...until RG takes another Ngata type hit and is set back further in his pro development.

#whythe****dowehavetorelyongimmickstomovetheball

#schemeandplaycalling
please feel free to add the following hashtags
#ScrambleshurtDesignedrunsnotsomuch
#lackofunderstandingdesignedrunvsscrambles
#wannabuysomeoil
Old 10-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #123
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
please feel free to add the following hashtags
#ScrambleshurtDesignedrunsnotsomuch
#lackofunderstandingdesignedrunvsscrambles
#wannabuysomeoil
Exactly.. lol

We run the RO maybe 4-5 times a game, and some people still don't understand the difference between the pistol, and the RO.

A lot of teams have adapted to the pistol. I even saw the Broncos run it a few times the other night.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #124
calia
Playmaker

I hope someone at Redskins Park posts this on the bulletin board: RGIII 'not the same' QB, Cowboys' Brandon Carr says - NFL.com

I hope Brandon is right. I hope RGIII isn't the same as last year. I hope he's better and roasts Brandon (again and repeatedly) for 450 yards on Sunday. Then RGIII can say, "Gee, that Brandon Carr isn't the same."

Man, it is easy to hate the Cowboys.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #125
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I hope someone at Redskins Park posts this on the bulletin board: RGIII 'not the same' QB, Cowboys' Brandon Carr says - NFL.com

I hope Brandon is right. I hope RGIII isn't the same as last year. I hope he's better and roasts Brandon (again and repeatedly) for 450 yards on Sunday. Then RGIII can say, "Gee, that Brandon Carr isn't the same."

Man, it is easy to hate the Cowboys.
Why post it on a bulletin board? Garcon has been saying it since week 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #126
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post

Well we know Carr is the same, overpaid, vastly overrated CB who leads a Dallas secondary rated 31st vs the pass. Avg of 8.2 per attempt, 326 yards, 68.7 completion percentage against (wow, thats a terrible number) and a QB rating of 105.7 against.

Carr, who is legally stealing with that contract, is going to find out this weekend if RG3 is the same.

He Gets Us
Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #127
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

I don't believe in the bulletin board stuff. If a guy needs a quote from an opponent to play better then that's pretty bad. RG3 should have a good game, he's playing another sub par defense, but we've been saying that all year long.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #128
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Well we know Carr is the same, overpaid, vastly overrated CB who leads a Dallas secondary rated 31st vs the pass. Avg of 8.2 per attempt, 326 yards, 68.7 completion percentage against (wow, thats a terrible number) and a QB rating of 105.7 against.

Carr, who is legally stealing with that contract, is going to find out this weekend if RG3 is the same.
Carr is just another free agent bust. Isn't he making like 8 or 9 million a year? So not worth the money.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #129
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Well, not going to argue with you on that. All evidence to the contrary that confirms your post. Dallas secondary gives up 500 yards passing in consecutive weeks, no Cowboys fan can defend that. Not even gonna try.

My 'jab' if you will, was at the post itself. Carr is not the first to make that statement about RG3. In the Redksins own locker room, Garcon has stated it. Guys like Tony Dungy said it. It's all over the media from week 1.

Guess it makes it 'easier to hate' Dungy and Garcon too? Just struck me as funny.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #130
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, not going to argue with you on that. All evidence to the contrary that confirms your post. Dallas secondary gives up 500 yards passing in consecutive weeks, no Cowboys fan can defend that. Not even gonna try.

My 'jab' if you will, was at the post itself. Carr is not the first to make that statement about RG3. In the Redksins own locker room, Garcon has stated it. Guys like Tony Dungy said it. It's all over the media from week 1.

Guess it makes it 'easier to hate' Dungy and Garcon too? Just struck me as funny.
The reporter also asked Carr "is RG3 the same guy as last year?"...knowing what the answer would be. Not a big deal.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #131
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
for as terrible as hall is. he was pretty amazing against dez last year. i wish he always played that well.
Dez went 8 catches for 145 yards and 2 TD's against Hall on Thanksgiving. Sure it was a losing effort, but if that what 'amazing' is, I'll take it.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #132
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

yeah but 1 was for like 85 yards
Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #133
Skinzman
The Starter

And that one was against Wilson. Who tried, for some unknown reason, to play the ball instead of the man when he was trailing by 3 yards. His other TD that game was a back shoulder pass, also against Wilson.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #134
calia
Playmaker

I agree with the point that RGIII (and the rest of the team) shouldn't need this kind of thing for motivation, and I suspect that they don't. My point was that it was not wise of Carr to say it the week of the game. (I always thought the approach Coach Gibbs took was awesome -- "Aww shucks, I don't know how we're going to get a win against team X." And then team X would lose by 28 points.) And I do think it is different for Dungy to say it (he ain't playing anyone) or even Garcon to say it (which was his way of counseling patience, no doubt) than it is for the guy who is charged with stopping RGIII to say it.

And I hope he lives to regret those words.

Having said all that, I confess the fact that Romo put up 500 yards this weekend is really, really troubling. We had better generate a pass rush consistently.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #135
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Interesting conversation on ESPN this morning. Stink Schlereth the recipient of like 20 surgeries in his playing days Says:
You must establish a NEW 100% healthy threshold for yourself as you may never be as good as you were before. But he also states, that does not mean you won't be an incredible player, but it does mean you may have to change the way you play to adapt and most of all....BELIEVE and trust in your own wellness.
I can completely believe this as it is seems obvious that Robert does not believe totally in his repaired knee......yet
Closed Thread