Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 03-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #121
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The stores are fucking crazy ,.................people need to calm the fuck down!
G1 I saw a picture from I believe Lawrencetown(?) NY at a Costco before the doors open there was a jaw dropping line of people waiting that ran throughout the parking lot.

Seriously, WTF!??

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2020, 03:41 PM   #122
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
bottom line is they had a plan and were able to get ahead of things vs scrambling as we've done along with others
Like I said its much easier to prepare for 5.5 million V/S 300 plus million.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:43 PM   #123
Back2RFK
Special Teams

I'm going to sell toilet paper by the sheet on ebay. I'm having a max purchase of 62 sheets which I can mail in a standard envelop.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:46 PM   #124
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Like I said its much easier to prepare for 5.5 million V/S 300 plus million.
I get that, but we had no plan. Nothing. Caught completely with our pants down. In spite of infectious disease experts sounding the alarms for years. We can't even keep toilet paper in stock.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #125
SunnySide
Playmaker

dude .. i just need regular groceries. I tend to go 3 times a week bc I have 3 great groceries stores within 5 miles of me.

Im not trying to stand in line for an hour for just chicken im cooking for dinner tonight.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:00 PM   #126
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
I get that, but we had no plan. Nothing. Caught completely with our pants down. In spite of infectious disease experts sounding the alarms for years. We can't even keep toilet paper in stock.
Who the hell would have thought people would run out and buy toilet paper when this does not even give you the runs? I agree we need a system kind of like what we did after 9/11 but for infectious disease.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:05 PM   #127
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Who the hell would have thought people would run out and buy toilet paper when this does not even give you the runs? I agree we need a system kind of like what we did after 9/11 but for infectious disease.
We HAD a system, trying not to go political but that system was dismantled and literally shut down in 2018 bc .. ya know.

The cuts started in 2018, as the White House focused on eliminating funding to Obama-era disease security programs. In March of that year, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer, whose job it was to lead the U.S. response in the event of a pandemic, abruptly left the administration and his global health security team was disbanded.

That same year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was forced to slash its efforts to prevent global disease outbreak by 80% as its funding for the program began to run out.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:37 PM   #128
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
G1 I saw a picture from I believe Lawrencetown(?) NY at a Costco before the doors open there was a jaw dropping line of people waiting that ran throughout the parking lot.

Seriously, WTF!??
My local Costco has a line just to get in the door too.

The Food Lion up the street is sold out of TP, paper towels, but don't worry nobody's buying the hand soap!
Old 03-13-2020, 04:45 PM   #129
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
There is a reason for that and it has nothing to do with a virus. It's the way your grocery store(stores) do business.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:48 PM   #130
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
dude .. i just need regular groceries. I tend to go 3 times a week bc I have 3 great groceries stores within 5 miles of me.

Im not trying to stand in line for an hour for just chicken im cooking for dinner tonight.
Same here I went to three different stores today for normal stuff and the stores were out. The virus isn't in our drinking water but bottled water is all gone as is toilet paper and ....chicken,not steaks or pork chops but no fucking chicken to be found anywhere!
Old 03-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #131
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
My local Costco has a line just to get in the door too.

The Food Lion up the street is sold out of TP, paper towels, but don't worry nobody's buying the hand soap!
Same here . Costco at least has their own version of products which are pretty good with the KirKland brand so they should be able to restock quickly but most other grocery stores will be shit out of luck if they use a third party supplier and most do.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #132
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Like others not trying to get political, but when people here and elsewhere are saying how unprepared we are/were, can we see how the numbers work out at the end. We were woefully unprepared for ww1 and ww2 but by bringing the american private sector(the greatest single market engine on this planet) together with government we pushed out in short order an amazing fighting force. At this moment we have a very low affect rate per million (5.5) vs most european countries. Between local government stepping up like they should and asking citizens to act responsibility, and our private sector being freed my guess is when we see the final numbers of europe vs us deaths which is the ultimate goal - to prevent deaths. I am a proud US citizen and what I see outside of the toilet paper shortages is every sector and every person pulling together to keep this country's death toll minimized without going to marshall law or abridging our rights.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #133
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-y...rus-toothpaste

New York Warns Alex Jones Against Selling Bogus Anti-Coronavirus Toothpaste

According to the Huffington Post, Jones made a claim about the “nanosilver” inside of his toothpaste brand, which he has claimed kills viruses in the coronavirus and SARS family.

“The patented nanosilver we have, the Pentagon has come out and documented and Homeland Security has said this stuff kills the whole SARS-corona family at point-blank range,” Jones said on-air Tuesday. “They’re still discounted despite all the hell breaking loose.”

This guy is the biggest piece of shit...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 12:02 PM   #134
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
I'm going to sell toilet paper by the sheet on ebay. I'm having a max purchase of 62 sheets which I can mail in a standard envelop.
I figured some of us know places that sell toilet paper that most people don't know about. Nobody I know needs any so I figured I would check for the hell of it. Holy crap! One of my secret sources says delivers in April, the other 1-3 weeks. So the whole USA is out of toilet paper till next month? I wonder if those sources were bought out by people looking to take advantage of the situation as
I would just consider them a convenience source on items like toilet paper as their prices are probably the same or higher than a supermarket, even on bulk purchases.

The places were Uline and McMaster-Carr, shocked even they are out.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 12:12 PM   #135
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
man....Italy is in bad shape

Also supported my local Chinese food place for lunch today. They weren’t busy.

Also, can confirm all TP out at local store.
Drove past a roadside diner yesterday that is about the size of a Denny's and it is always packed from 7 am - 5pm. Yesterday around noon there might have been 3 cars in the parking lot.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote