Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #121
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
But how about ARE is he still a bust?
See ARE was never really a bust. We just over-paid him. He was a difference maker for us last year...its not like came in and sucked. He did everything he was brought in to do, maybe even a little bit more....the problem is, we payed him boat loads of money to be a kick returner, gaget guy and #3 reciever, so I dont think its really fair to call him a bust.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #122
ArcticRed
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I used to think it was 50/50 Lloyd missed and campbell overthrew...now I am positive it was Campbell after seeing that replay. If you notice, the Dolphins defender was in front of Lloyd the whole time...so why "lead" Lloyd when he should have underthrown? Yes, Lloyd could have made the catch and missed it, but like some have already pointed out, it's not like Moss would have caught it. So it's more like 80% Campbell's fault. It's his job to get the ball in the bread basket of the WR. When you're playing catch with your buddy do you throw it 4 feet above his head or do you try to hit his "numbers"? Again, Lloyd missed it, but it would have been a tough catch for anyone.
I have to agree with jsarno here. After reviewing the video clip, I noticed Lloyd was trying some stop and go move. Lloyd is leaning back to stop with is ass end hanging out in the upper right hand corner of the vid. You can catch it just before the JC throws the ball. The clip does not place were the DB is when Lloyd makes this move, but with the way all the receivers sprinted off the line you have to think he had the edge on Lloyd.

After JC throws it, you cant see the Lloyd or the DB very well on the vid clip, but you can see the color blur of the of the two of them. The DB was ahead of Lloyd almost 2 full strides. JC threw it up and the DB had to slow down to get under it. Lloyd was able to catch up, but you can see he had to make a jump for it early to get under it in time to catch or have it get intercepted. The real knock on Lloyd, other than the jog after the interception that I see, is that the ball went THROUGH his hands to the DB behind him. As we all know if the ball hits the receivers in the hands, they have to catch it. Thats why they are in the NFL.

This has added some credibility back to Lloyd, but not much. The abysmal preformance and the temper tantrum last year puts him on a very short leash in my eyes.
ArcticRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #123
Bill B
Impact Rookie

I found this qoute from Llyod amusing....

"Any move that's made is for the betterment of the team," Lloyd said of Caldwell's arrival. As to his productivity, Lloyd said: "I can only put up production with the opportunities given to me, that's it." When asked if he had a desire to ask that more passes be thrown his way, Lloyd said no. He also said he required no clarification as to how the signing may affect his role. "I'm an established guy, too," he said.

Just because a team gives you a $10 million dollar signiong bonus does not mean you are an established player - a player needs to earn the respect of coaches and teammates through hard work, determination, desire and production - which in Llyod's case he has not done much of with the Redskins or 49ers.

The only thing Llyod has established is he is an expensive bust, one that if not for cap complications he would have already been cut from the team.

washingtonpost.com
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #124
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Moss normally has SICK hands. He had an awful day, and he'd probably be the first to admit it. In my mind it's an aberration until it becomes a trend. I hope both he and Cooley contribute a lot more in the passing game this week.
And even if Santana was in a slump, there's no questioning his dedication to the team, work ethic, or where his head's at.

None of those things are true of Lloyd, and when you factor in the money he's being paid, that's completely unacceptable.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote