Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #121
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would say that there's a QB controversy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #122
mbedner3420
The Starter

Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I can't believe anyone in their right mind would say that there's a QB controversy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2.
Me too. I heard quite a few calls for Cousins to start when I was listening to the radio after the game. Pretty ridiculous. Not gonna happen.

I like Cousins, but he wouldn't have played and better than RG3 given how well prepared the starters for the bears were...
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #123
ethat001
Impact Rookie

I've always hated the "game planning" argument, since we didn't game plan -- but neither did the other team.

However, anyone know if Shanny was testing something / someone out yesterday? Like the game before, it sure seemed like the strategy was to keep throwing to Banks to test him out, and keep running right to test those guys out. I wonder whether this time it was something to test the O-line (fail!), or to test the O-line with longer drops against the cover 2, etc.

Or maybe it was just a bad game.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #124
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins-Bears: Five observations from Saturday’s game - The Insider - The Washington Post

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #125
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
If he develops into a starter (and God willing he won't see any game action), unfortunately there's a salary cap. We won't be able to sign him to a reasonable contract as a back-up. We can hold him for his 4th yr., but after that he'll surely leave and we'll get nothing.

Grossman should only be here as long as Shanny Jr, to mentor the young QBs in his system, if he sees the field....we're F'd.
Ok so I see what your saying about Cousins, but that means we have him for atleast 3 yrs and can trade him before his 4th year or find a way to pay him. 3 yrs for him to get better and show what he can do if he's asked to to be decent trade bait. Plus it give us time to draft another QB to develope to replace him.

Grossman should not be here at all. Period. Some how I was fooled into believing that his knowledge of the system was a valuable asset to the team. In hind sight all his interceptions proved he didn't have as much of a grasp on the system as one would think. Grossman was the weak link. If anything proved it it was him coming in during the first preseason game and (yet again) throwing INT's. WTF? Cousin came in and looked better. He came in during the second game and looked 10x better then Grossman ever has.

Lets get rid of the old and bring in the new. Heck I'd get rid of Crompton also, bring in some other young QB to sit on the PS and learn this year.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #126
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
I just want the guy who can play the best football at QB in. If thats RG3 great. If its Cousins thats good too. What I don't want is to wait around like we did for Campbell. Personally I think Cousins has the better look in the NFL over RG3 at the moment but its way to early to speculate. One thing is for sure, between the both of them, I think we finally have our QB problems behind us. HTTR!
I agree that our QB problems are behind us, and that is solely due to one RG-3. Do you know what he could have done to the bears second string D? How can you say Cousins has the better look in the NFL - all you have seen him do better is play more snaps against a second team defense? Against the Bills RG-3 played better against the first string than Cousins did against the second string. Throughout camp RG-3 has proven to be the better QB - and that too has been against the better D. Just curious why you think Cousins has the better "look"?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #127
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

This just in...............Kirk Cousins had some good plays under center in week two of a PRESEASON game against a SECOND STRING defense. Can we please stop all of the talk - not only about a QB controversy - but also about all these options we have now - capable starter talk, trade bait and getting second round picks for him in four years - and everything else other than "glad the kid looked good last nite" - my God.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #128
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
If former Heisman Trophy winner Andre Ware gets a blindside shot on RGIII this whole organization should be imploded.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #129
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This just in...............Kirk Cousins had some good plays under center in week two of a PRESEASON game against a SECOND STRING defense. Can we please stop all of the talk - not only about a QB controversy - but also about all these options we have now - capable starter talk, trade bait and getting second round picks for him in four years - and everything else other than "glad the kid looked good last nite" - my God.
So how many picks would you give up for Captain Kirk if you were a gm??

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #130
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
So how many picks would you give up for Captain Kirk if you were a gm??
My point exactly............I dont know and I am certainly not going to base that decision on a few plays under center in pre-season week two against a second string D. Like I said, Im glad he looked good. Im going to need to see alot or at least alittle more before I call Captain Kirk a starting QB in this league.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #131
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
My point exactly............I dont know and I am certainly not going to base that decision on a few plays under center in pre-season week two against a second string D. Like I said, Im glad he looked good. Im going to need to see alot or at least alittle more before I call Captain Kirk a starting QB in this league.
Well then your already more qualified than Vinny C!! You passed the test welcome aboard!!!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #132
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

RG3
- one sack was RG3s fault, rookie mistake not recognizing a blitzing DB. Ball security has to get better.
- couple throws late/behind WRs. I beleive this is simply adjusting to the scheme and speed required being under C.
- RG3 again has to learn quickly he can't do what he did in college. He must pick his spots to run and avoid contact, he ain't helping us on IR. NFL guys can catch up to him and bring a much bigger wallop than NCAA.
- overall, not a bad game, his mistakes are very correctable.

OL
- Gettis looked good early in run game. Got destroyed in pass-rush on his penalty early in the 1st qtr.
- Monty still getting blown back, partially size/strength issue, partially ZB scheme. When asking a guy to reach to a good 3 tech.....this will happen.
- TW, still not living up to his draft position and probably never will. Still looks soft around the middle and was over-powered by Peppers.
- Hopefully when Chester returns, between some combination of Hurt-Gettis (I'n thinking Gettis) at the other G, our interior OL will be OK. TW will be serviceable but never Pro Bowl caliber. Our concern will be at RT, hopefully between bringing help/scheme/RG3 this won't be a glaring issue....I don't want to jinx anything, but our depth at T is not good.

Secondary - yikes! D. Hall embarrased in open field and looked poor overall.

Didn't watch the 2nd half but saw a couple Cousins highlights. When I first watched the 1st half, I was thinking a 4-6 win season. But after watching again, it wasn't as bad considering Fletch, Rak, Merriwether out. Cleaning up a few mistakes and we stay in the game against a very good Bears team.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #133
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Me too. I heard quite a few calls for Cousins to start when I was listening to the radio after the game. Pretty ridiculous. Not gonna happen.

I like Cousins, but he wouldn't have played and better than RG3 given how well prepared the starters for the bears were...
So it didn't matter who was playing the Bears.. They were always going to win?

Nobody actually believes in a QB controversy, it's just not everyday you have a freshly drafted rookie throw for 260 yards and 3 TDs in two quarters of play.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #134
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
RG3
- one sack was RG3s fault, rookie mistake not recognizing a blitzing DB. Ball security has to get better.
- couple throws late/behind WRs. I beleive this is simply adjusting to the scheme and speed required being under C.
- RG3 again has to learn quickly he can't do what he did in college. He must pick his spots to run and avoid contact, he ain't helping us on IR. NFL guys can catch up to him and bring a much bigger wallop than NCAA.
- overall, not a bad game, his mistakes are very correctable.

OL
- Gettis looked good early in run game. Got destroyed in pass-rush on his penalty early in the 1st qtr.
- Monty still getting blown back, partially size/strength issue, partially ZB scheme. When asking a guy to reach to a good 3 tech.....this will happen.
- TW, still not living up to his draft position and probably never will. Still looks soft around the middle and was over-powered by Peppers.
- Hopefully when Chester returns, between some combination of Hurt-Gettis (I'n thinking Gettis) at the other G, our interior OL will be OK. TW will be serviceable but never Pro Bowl caliber. Our concern will be at RT, hopefully between bringing help/scheme/RG3 this won't be a glaring issue....I don't want to jinx anything, but our depth at T is not good.

Secondary - yikes! D. Hall embarrased in open field and looked poor overall.

Didn't watch the 2nd half but saw a couple Cousins highlights. When I first watched the 1st half, I was thinking a 4-6 win season. But after watching again, it wasn't as bad considering Fletch, Rak, Merriwether out. Cleaning up a few mistakes and we stay in the game against a very good Bears team.
I think this is being underrated. It's hard to take our defense serious without Fletcher in the middle. Not to mention we were starting Cedric Griffin at CB. That had to have been a joke right?? Veteran courtesy??
Old 08-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #135
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
I think this is being underrated. It's hard to take our defense serious without Fletcher in the middle. Not to mention we were starting Cedric Griffin at CB. That had to have been a joke right?? Veteran courtesy??
On one big pass play for the Bears, DHall was changing a coverage pre-snap....resulting in a blown coverage and big Bears gain. We definitely don't want DHall calling coverages.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote