chico = hypocrite!

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #122
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Supreme Court vacancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Post the headline from your article. Refinery29 is a trash fucking site who posted the fake new handsmaid tale article from Newsweek before they retracted it.

This is the headline: This Is Amy Coney Barrett, The Potential RBG Replacement Who Hates Your Uterus

Full of bias and weak language peddling assumptions, not based in fact

If we aren’t smart enough to see what’s going on here, I can’t help ya
I used that exert because it was directly quoting her ... I didnt quote any of the editorial stuff because that just writer view point and opinion. I just wanted to add a small nugget quote from her to give some validity to her being pro-life. I try to source stuff when I can. And it is 100% fine if she is pro-life but as a SCOTUS justice, she needs to follow the law and Roe is the law. Discussing that has merit imo.

I admit, Im having trouble following or starting a discussion of any actual merit on here. I made a lengthy post about "freedom of religion", that was ignored and thats fine. I made this post about a SC nominee following the law of the land vs their own beliefs and I imagine that will get 0 traction as well. And its totally cool. People will talk about what they want to talk about.

im just having trouble following people on here the last few days. Thats a me problem.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:38 AM   #123
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I forgot why I left this part of the site for a minute. Ciao

#HTTWFT
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:38 AM   #124
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm having a shitty morning, apologies if I'm coming across too angry. Shoutout to you calling out Fox News.
No worries. I had several adult beverages last night watching the Braves clinch the division. Posting about politics while drinking is never a good idea.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:46 PM   #125
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/newsw...handmaids-tale

Newsweek makes retraction on fake news story about Amy Barrett.

It’s not even announced and media is already spreading lies about potential candidates. That’s why they’ve earned the title “Enemy of the People “
LOL, so a news outlet makes a correction and you still bitch but you never make a sound when trump keeps telling lie after lie after lie ,why is that chico???
Old 09-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #126
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You know they won't/can't. It's the childish side that exists that thinks it's ok, but if you put a Biden coat on those, oh how quickly we would hear how we were insensitive, or cruel, or mocking and disrespectful of the people.
Literally no one is walking around with Biden coats, shirts, hats, or any other crazy shit that Trump supporters wear. No shirts with eagles holding guns or Uncle Sam with a bazooka. Driving home today I went through Harper's Ferry and saw no less than 5 trump murals painted on the side of barns and out buildings. Giant signs as well erected like billboards. It is most defiantly a cult.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #127
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Listen, mock away. If there are pics of fools at a Biden rally that deserve mocking I'm all for it. There are ridiculous people on both sides of the fence. For example sdskinsfan2001 calling the left baby killers.
How can you have a rally in a basement? LOL

Today he stayed home to prepare for the debate. Why does he have to study his own thoughts and ideas on how to run the country?
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:35 PM   #128
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, chico it's funny when you bitch about "what's going on here" but then you do the exact same thing posting lies about Biden. You're as shitty as trump chico.
Seems you fall in the same category and attacking people.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:01 AM   #129
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The Bush family hated conservatives. Those 2 guys alone ruined a whole argument. But nonetheless, liberal judges get passed astronomically higher by non-liberal senate members than conservative judges do by non-conservative senate members.

Even with those 2 jackasses it's still true, but the numbers are watered down.

I cut this off to be during my lifetime but the whole link is below:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/n...789present.htm

Democrats definitely knew Roberts was a treacherous piece of shit human being.

Apparently the same about Souter elected by Bush 1:

He was nominated for the Supreme Court without a significant "paper trail" but was expected to be a conservative Justice. Within a few years of his appointment, Souter moved towards the center and eventually came to vote reliably with the Court's liberal wing.

Lol, Bush family: Hated by both sides. What a bunch of losers. I was genuinely shocked when Jeb Bush ran for president.

The lesson is, even when Republicans run a non-conservative for President (the whole Bush clan), Democrats will shit on him all 4-8 years. The revisionist history is rich on that one. Now Democrats pretend like only Trump was a bad Republican president, and Bush wasn't raked across the coals (in hindsight rightfully so, but for probably different reasons from my perspective), all day every day. It doesn't matter who is a Republican president, he will get shitted on relentlessly, until the next Republican is elected, and they treat him even worse than the last guy, then pretend like the last guy was treated fairly.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 09-25-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:53 AM   #130
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This is gonna be a hot topic but can we talk about the bill the House just put up? 18 year terms for SC justices?

It's radical and I don't expect it to pass at all unless the left sweeps the Senate and POTUS, but I'm not surprised this is the direction we're going in. Ideally my SC would have 4 Dems, 4 conservatives, and a moderate Chief Justice, but since that idea is now a fantasy I fully expect Dems to start thinking outside the box. Better this than adding more justices to the court IMO.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:56 AM   #131
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The Bush family hated conservatives. Those 2 guys alone ruined a whole argument. But nonetheless, liberal judges get passed astronomically higher by non-liberal senate members than conservative judges do by non-conservative senate members.

Even with those 2 jackasses it's still true, but the numbers are watered down.

I cut this off to be during my lifetime but the whole link is below:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/n...789present.htm

Democrats definitely knew Roberts was a treacherous piece of shit human being.

Apparently the same about Souter elected by Bush 1:

He was nominated for the Supreme Court without a significant "paper trail" but was expected to be a conservative Justice. Within a few years of his appointment, Souter moved towards the center and eventually came to vote reliably with the Court's liberal wing.

Lol, Bush family: Hated by both sides. What a bunch of losers. I was genuinely shocked when Jeb Bush ran for president.

The lesson is, even when Republicans run a non-conservative for Preident (the whole Bush clan), Democrats will shit on him all 4-8 years. The revisionist history is rich on that one. Now Democrats pretend like only Trump was a bad Republican president, and Bush wasn't raked across the coals (in hindsight rightfully so, but for probably different reasons from my perspective), all day every day. It doesn't matter who is a Republican president, he will get shitted on relentlessly, until the next Republican is elected, and they treat him even worse than the last guy, then pretend like the last guy was treated fairly.
Also can we not pretend like it doesn't go both ways? Obama was shitted on for the suits he wore, the condiments on his sandwich, for bowing to a foreign leader, etc.

The first Bush was before my time, but I remain convinced Dick Cheney really was the power broker behind the scenes in the 2nd Bush admin.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #132
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Also can we not pretend like it doesn't go both ways? Obama was shitted on for the suits he wore, the condiments on his sandwich, for bowing to a foreign leader, etc.

The first Bush was before my time, but I remain convinced Dick Cheney really was the power broker behind the scenes in the 2nd Bush admin.
The difference is mainstream media and especially big tech, which has even more power now than when even Obama was president, is overwhelmingly ran by liberals. Yes, Obama got bashed, but not even 25% as bad as Trump has been imo. Trump gets it relentlessly from all angles.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #133
MTK
\m/

Obama also wasn't on Twitter all day and night saying dumb shit constantly. Maybe if Trump had more restraint he wouldn't get killed from all angles.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #134
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Obama also wasn't on Twitter all day and night saying dumb shit constantly. Maybe if Trump had more restraint he wouldn't get killed from all angles.
Can’t argue this

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #135
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
He could STFU way more often. But it wouldn't make a difference if he didn't have Twitter at all let alone used it incessantly. He gets bashed for everything and credit for nothing. Not saying some of it isn't warranted, but it's just way over the top and one-sided.