Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Well, Fauci just said yesterday in an article in the USA Today, that he has advised President Trump to not open the country again until there has been a period of time where there are no new cases, and no new daily deaths.

So that right there should pump the brakes on anybody thinking that the USA opens up again this year. No new deaths and no new cases, if that is the criteria Trump uses, we could see the USA shut down completely for years until there is a vaccine developed....
Old 04-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Well, Fauci just said yesterday in an article in the USA Today, that he has advised President Trump to not open the country again until there has been a period of time where there are no new cases, and no new daily deaths.

So that right there should pump the brakes on anybody thinking that the USA opens up again this year. No new deaths and no new cases, if that is the criteria Trump uses, we could see the USA shut down completely for years until there is a vaccine developed....
Idw talk down to you SS24, but the difference between Fauci and Trump is one is a highly respected and educated doctor with a long and distinguished career in public service, and the other is Trump (out of civility I declined to list all of the terrible things I think about him). Fauci's priority is trying to limit the damage to human life, and Trump's priority is trying to limit the damage to the economy, because that's his primary reelection priority.

I put less than 0% probability Trump actually does this unless we get a month or two down the road and the numbers are so bad Trump is forced to come around (like January, when the 'Rona was no biggie in Trump's world, and now, when it's a pandemic).
Old 04-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Idw talk down to you SS24, but the difference between Fauci and Trump is one is a highly respected and educated doctor with a long and distinguished career in public service, and the other is Trump (out of civility I declined to list all of the terrible things I think about him). Fauci's priority is trying to limit the damage to human life, and Trump's priority is trying to limit the damage to the economy, because that's his primary reelection priority.

I put less than 0% probability Trump actually does this unless we get a month or two down the road and the numbers are so bad Trump is forced to come around (like January, when the 'Rona was no biggie in Trump's world, and now, when it's a pandemic).
Don't worry, i am not supporting Donald Trump in the least. I also was not trying to compare the two or put them on equal footing. I also say we don't have to worry about an election this year, I can't see them having an election. Unfortunately that means Trump stays in power another year or so, which would also mean he would no longer have to worry about trying to re-open the economy, as it wouldn't matter by then. I believe the path we are on right now, another month from now even, there is already permanent economic damage that can never be repaired. 300 + million out of work, 85% of all businesses shut down permanently. Food shortages, etc.....
Old 04-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

That will not happen , the country would dissolve then .China or Russia would ruin /run us.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Looks like a lot people owe Tom Cotton an apology

Washington Post started the apology tour yesterday and now have another article this morning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a6d_story.html

Ebright described a December video from the Wuhan CDC that shows staffers “collecting bat coronaviruses with inadequate [personal protective equipment] and unsafe operational practices.” Separately, I reviewed two Chinese articles, from 2017 and 2019, describing the heroics of Wuhan CDC researcher Tian Junhua, who while capturing bats in a cave “forgot to take protective measures” so that “bat urine dripped from the top of his head like raindrops.”

And then there’s the Chinese study that was curiously withdrawn. In February, a site called ResearchGate published a brief article by Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao from Guangzhou’s South China University of Technology. “In addition to origins of natural recombination and intermediate host, the killer coronavirus probably originated from a laboratory in Wuhan. Safety level may need to be reinforced in high risk biohazardous laboratories,” the article concluded. Botao Xiao told the Wall Street Journal in February that he had withdrawn the paper because it “was not supported by direct proofs.”

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Golf, handshakes and a Mar-a-Lago conga line: Squandered week highlights Trump’s lack of COVID-19 focus
Old 04-11-2020, 11:51 AM   #7
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Who cares? I don't understand the obsession with tracking every single miss step the guy makes. He is an obnoxious blowhard and a buffoon who has no morals. What else is news?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #8
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Who cares? I don't understand the obsession with tracking every single miss step the guy makes. He is an obnoxious blowhard and a buffoon who has no morals. What else is news?

I’d guess some of the people that have died and their families would care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #9
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I’d guess some of the people that have died and their families would care

Not following your point.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:00 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Not following your point.

You said who cares, I think plenty of people care that the President was slow to react to an impending pandemic and cost people their lives by doing so

Old 04-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #11
jamf
Pro Bowl

Republicans are failing this country.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200413.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...is/2987675001/

-Edited
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Can't fix stupid, especially Florida, my lord what a dumb state
Old 04-14-2020, 10:36 AM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
New York, New Jersey, Michigan, California did everything perfect? But a dishonest media to cherry pick simply based on political position is expected I guess. De Blasio had the kids in school in mid march

Do you find it great that the media is high fiving that people are getting sick simply based on politics? When I look at the maps of infections and death rates should I be celebrating the deaths in Democratic run areas? What country do I live in, seriously

He Gets Us
Old 04-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #14
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When I look at the maps of infections and death rates should I be celebrating the deaths in Democratic run areas? What country do I live in, seriously
So dramatic!
If you can't be critical of the Florida Governor claiming the WWE is an essential business then you are lost.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So dramatic!
If you can't be critical of the Florida Governor claiming the WWE is an essential business then you are lost.
Dramatic because you want to set a criteria of Blue vs Red in a world pandemic...I guess I should be laughing at infection rates and deaths in Chicago, Michigan, NYC, Philadelphia and saying, these dumb democratic M'fers leading the country in Coronavirus cause they voted for Hillary? Come on

Is this just news because the Gov is a republican? Really who cares?

He Gets Us