Maye 11 21.57%
Trade down 10 19.61%
Non QB pick 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2024, 06:50 PM   #1306
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

i would draft 2 QB's .. Whoever with the #2 and later on find another Kirk Cousins in the 4-5 rounds ( which is why i thought trading Sam was a mistake but if we could get another QB it would be great ) signing Marcus M was a mistake .. Fromm ? , we a gambling that the #2 overall pick is the FRANCHISE QB we need ! i hope it works out .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-18-2024, 06:52 PM   #1307
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

PFN will offer some outrageous deals. But when you try to propose your own deal and the simulator turns into a real asshole. I offered Vikings No. 2 for No.'s 11/23. They would do that trade in real life in a fucking heartbeat. But nope, rejected.

sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:22 PM   #1308
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
i would draft 2 QB's .. Whoever with the #2 and later on find another Kirk Cousins in the 4-5 rounds ( which is why i thought trading Sam was a mistake but if we could get another QB it would be great ) signing Marcus M was a mistake .. Fromm ? , we a gambling that the #2 overall pick is the FRANCHISE QB we need ! i hope it works out .
I am confused by some of the people here, all we heard before this college season is that this is one of the strongest QB classes in years especially at the top, were in position to draft one without having to give anything up and people are backpedaling better than Revis in 2009.

Since 2000 theres only been 5 SBs that didnt involve a first round pick at QB at all, and 4 of those 5 involved Tom Brady, the one that didn't 2002.

We have six picks in the top 100 (Then 2 more in the next 55) and have made very smart FA moves and we have players Allen, Payne, McLaurin, and Cosmi that weve seen play at a high to very high level.

Let's all take a breath and get ready to welcome either Daniels or Maye to the team.

Also, Mariota is a backup thats why he was brought here, dont know why we are panicing about him.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:46 PM   #1309
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

It's too long until the draft and to keep our brains busy we are starting to dream up new scenarios for their entertainment value.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 08:00 PM   #1310
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It's too long until the draft and to keep our brains busy we are starting to dream up new scenarios for their entertainment value.
Yep, and still over a month left to go.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:01 PM   #1311
rocnrik
Playmaker

I'd bet money that Maye will be no better than Sam and Daniels will get hurt he doesn't have the build to take punishment just like RG iii .. And Marcus is a joke ! History is on my side ..count all the QB bust and tell me different ..we ain't getting CJ stroud or patrick Mahomes .. we getting a Josh Rosen,Zach Wilson,Kenny Pickett,Trey Lance,Bryce Young,Justin Fields,Desmond Ritter, Bailey Zappe,Sam Darnold .. that is what History and facts are telling us ..I'm not sold on this years QB class ..if you are great !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 08:03 PM   #1312
That Guy
Living Legend

business case:
take QB #2 (which the fans are generally hyped about/expecting)
- increased ticket sales, more jerseys/stadium attendance/food sales/etc. Coaches/GM get 2 years of patience and even if it doesn't work out, everyone was on board/thought it'd work out, so AP keeps his job and tries again.

OTOH: If rattler is the 2nd coming, AP gets called a genius, but if it fails, he gets fired.

There's a lot of 'I don't want to draft a QB at 2 because none of these players are absolutely perfect in every way, but I'd love to trade down and get someone that's generally considered way worse instead'
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 08:38 PM   #1313
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I'd bet money that Maye will be no better than Sam and Daniels will get hurt he doesn't have the build to take punishment just like RG iii .. And Marcus is a joke ! History is on my side ..count all the QB bust and tell me different ..we ain't getting CJ stroud or patrick Mahomes .. we getting a Josh Rosen,Zach Wilson,Kenny Pickett,Trey Lance,Bryce Young,Justin Fields,Desmond Ritter, Bailey Zappe,Sam Darnold .. that is what History and facts are telling us ..I'm not sold on this years QB class ..if you are great !
This post is depressing as fuck.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:49 PM   #1314
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't care what they do at #2. I'd be surprised if they don't select a QB, but who knows. Trade up, trade down, make a selection - I will defer to the experts on what the best thing for this team is. It's tough to imagine that they traded Sam and don't plan to select a QB at # 2 though.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:04 PM   #1315
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't care what they do at #2. I'd be surprised if they don't select a QB, but who knows. Trade up, trade down, make a selection - I will defer to the experts on what the best thing for this team is. It's tough to imagine that they traded Sam and don't plan to select a QB at # 2 though.

This.

Well maybe 98%. I absolutely believe they have a plan whether it's trade down or whether It's take a QB at 2 they know what they are going to do and I am completely on board with it. I just wish it wasn't a month away.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:09 PM   #1316
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
PFN will offer some outrageous deals. But when you try to propose your own deal and the simulator turns into a real asshole. I offered Vikings No. 2 for No.'s 11/23. They would do that trade in real life in a fucking heartbeat. But nope, rejected.

Totally. I will randomly get offered 3 picks in the first two rounds and next years first to move back one spot - essentially giving the Pats the first choice (would do it in a heartbeat unless Peters and co were absolutely sold on Maye or JD), but anything I offer up is rejected. Lol.

Oh and …

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:09 PM   #1317
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This post is depressing as fuck.
Had to add him to my ignore list, some just wanna be negative and depressed just for the sake of it

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:18 PM   #1318
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
This.

Well maybe 98%. I absolutely believe they have a plan whether it's trade down or whether It's take a QB at 2 they know what they are going to do and I am completely on board with it. I just wish it wasn't a month away.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Not me. I will be thoroughly disappointed if they trade out of the top 3.
I am no expert but I don’t see how this quarterback starved franchise can pass on one of these three guys. If whoever we pick goes full Shuler or RG-3 I can live with it. It happens all the time, but like many others have said you keep trying until you get it right. You have to take the best option available at quarterback until you get it right. If next years class was supposedly loaded I could almost understand grabbing an OT and a bunch of picks but next years class looks weak at the moment. Also we have 8 other picks, 5 in the top 100, so it isn’t like we are hurting for good picks. Strike while the iron is hot. Top 3 pick with 3 stud quarterbacks available? 9 draft picks - 6 in the top 100? The iron isn’t going to get any hotter. Like Quake said, get ready to welcome JD, or Maye to the team.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:19 PM   #1319
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Totally. I will randomly get offered 3 picks in the first two rounds and next years first to move back one spot - essentially giving the Pats the first choice (would do it in a heartbeat unless Peters and co were absolutely sold on Maye or JD), but anything I offer up is rejected. Lol.

Oh and …

Had to take a brief leave to go find some mango for official draft season.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM   #1320
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Had to add him to my ignore list, some just wanna be negative and depressed just for the sake of it
I'm definitely more negative here than I am in real life. But yeah, I don't get the need to be negative about what we've all been waiting for, for a long time. We haven't picked anyone yet and he hasn't played a down. I mean, it's time to be positive, even just for sanity's sake.