The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #1276
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I gotta gate keep a bit here. If you dont have kids in public school, if youre not a parent ... I dont give opinions from non parents much weight. You could very well be a parent and im sure many parents would agree with you.

Here, without knowing the specific circumstances ... without being a parent of a gay kid .. i think we know so little of actual facts that our perceptions shape how we view this lil blurb.

But go ahead and do the fox news conservative gas lamp thing and make this one comment from a professor re a family you know nothing about as proof positive that all schools are indoctrinating "our children"

Its clear you view being gay as some negative affliction and that kids arent born gay but are indoctrinated in some learned behavior

if you dont think people are born gay ... i have zero interest in hearing anything you have to say re gay rights

Yeah, I'm a parent, and I have kids in public schools. And I could care less if you give my opinion much weight. You obviously don't read what I write. You just want to bring up shit like Fox News as if that has anything to do with anything I said. And I mentioned nothing about schools indoctrinating kids.

This lady literally said she works with kids as young as 3 who may identify as transgender or non-binary, helping them with their gender journey, helping them understand the risks and benefits of medical intervention.... Explain to me how that is just fine?

This isn't a "gay rights" issue, this is a "kids rights" issue , or a "lets let kids be kids" issue. Like I said, it's hard enough for kids to grow up and find themselves, but to be encouraging certain genders before they have even sniffed puberty is idiotic. Let's take the kids on a journey to Alice in Wonderland, not on a journey to Alice Wonders What She Is...

Feel free to believe that people are born gay. That's your prerogative. I do not. There are studies that support both sides of the argument, and based on that you can choose a side, but you can't say definitively that people are born gay. You choose to believe people are born gay, and I choose to believe otherwise. And that's ok...

Quote:
Does that include the 1 or 2 kids out of 200 who want to wear dresses as boys?

or is it the old conservative "individual freedom for me and my flock but not for thee".

conservatives ... hypocrites in everything

Let kids be kids - applies to all kids. I used my own kid as an example.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #1277
Giantone
Gamebreaker

IMO kids under ten are just not mature enough to know / understand the consequence/ramifications of being Gay. Kids play dress up ,growing up I played Cowboys and Indians and War.,............. now I know better and grew out of it. To add yes I do believe being gay is in your genes when you're born. Thinking back to when I was a kid and what the gay kids were going through, I mean why would you put yourself through that hell back then unless it was something inside you you couldn't change?
Old 08-19-2022, 03:19 PM   #1278
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Yeah, I'm a parent, and I have kids in public schools. And I could care less if you give my opinion much weight. You obviously don't read what I write. You just want to bring up shit like Fox News as if that has anything to do with anything I said. And I mentioned nothing about schools indoctrinating kids.

This lady literally said she works with kids as young as 3 who may identify as transgender or non-binary, helping them with their gender journey, helping them understand the risks and benefits of medical intervention.... Explain to me how that is just fine?

This isn't a "gay rights" issue, this is a "kids rights" issue , or a "lets let kids be kids" issue. Like I said, it's hard enough for kids to grow up and find themselves, but to be encouraging certain genders before they have even sniffed puberty is idiotic. Let's take the kids on a journey to Alice in Wonderland, not on a journey to Alice Wonders What She Is...

Feel free to believe that people are born gay. That's your prerogative. I do not. There are studies that support both sides of the argument, and based on that you can choose a side, but you can't say definitively that people are born gay. You choose to believe people are born gay, and I choose to believe otherwise. And that's ok...

Let kids be kids - applies to all kids. I used my own kid as an example.
Do you think kids are taught to be gay? Or that it is a learned thing?
---

You say "encouraging certain genders" .... do you believe liberals indoctrinate kids to be gay?
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 03:47 PM   #1279
MTK
\m/

I think sexuality is a scale, it’s not a black and white/you’re either gay or straight issue.

Some people lean more towards one side or maybe more towards the middle.

We’re such dumb monkeys always obsessed with trivial shit like skin color or who others are sleeping with. FFS.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:30 PM   #1280
MTK
\m/

da fuq is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2022, 04:35 PM   #1281
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
da fuq is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Say What?
Old 08-19-2022, 05:05 PM   #1282
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Do you think kids are taught to be gay? Or that it is a learned thing?
---

You say "encouraging certain genders" .... do you believe liberals indoctrinate kids to be gay?
First of all, I don't think it's a "liberal" thing, and I never said that either. Also, I wasn't the one who first brought up the "encourage" word. I was responding to Mooby's example from his neighborhood.

Do you think that there is a difference between the end result of being taught something, and the end result of learning something? To me it's synonymous.

Ultimately, I think it's more complex than just saying someone is born gay, or saying someone was taught to be gay. I personally don't subscribe to the idea that you are simply born gay or straight. I do believe that it's probably both biological and environmental - but mostly environmental. That is what I believe. Each person is different though. If we had it all figured out, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:44 PM   #1283
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Interesting libs always try to move the conversation to “gay” from gender identity. Let’s stick the gender identity and targeting children which liberals and progressives are proudly doing on social media and now within elementary schools. It’s sick

There is absolutely zero doubt liberal and progressive are pushing gender ideology onto society including very young children…that’s not even a fucking question.

It’s not organic, not one bit. We see this in liberal pockets of the country…on the coast. Places in Europe and not anywhere else. You get the one goth guy in Idaho who is trans now but you get the 35% percent in districts in California. It’s not organic…it’s silly to even think it.

The No 1 problem is young ages who are being targeted…this is morally wrong. And if schools push to hide it from parents that’s simply corrupt and there will be legal ramifications for it. Parents decide, not the schools or teachers

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:59 PM   #1284
MTK
\m/

Does anyone actually have any first hand knowledge of their kids having gender ideologies pushed on them in schools? I sure as hell don’t.

Chico you’re one step away from saying Biden eats babies. Stay off Breitbart and Info Wars for a while.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:01 PM   #1285
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Does anyone actually have any first hand knowledge of their kids having gender ideologies pushed on them in schools? I sure as hell don’t.

Chico you’re one step away from saying Biden eats babies. Stay off Breitbart and Info Wars for a while.
Yeah def never been on one of those sites. You should follow the libs of tik tok as they repost a lot of teachers explaining how they keep gender and sexuality talks with their kids away from the parents…here is some: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK-dxV7xxk

https://christopherrufo.com/sacramen...er-radicalism/

Sacramento City Unified School District has adopted a queer theory–based pedagogy that encourages teachers to “normalize gender exploration

Another Florida School Board Sued over Concealing Gender Identity Counseling from Parents

https://tallahasseereports.com/2022/...-from-parents/

He Gets Us
Old 08-22-2022, 11:15 PM   #1286
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Politicians are just so full of shit about everything. But let's let them control our lives with our own money.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eric-adam...183554606.html

An article about the new NYC mayor. From the NYT and posted on Yahoo. I didn't go looking for this article. I scroll thru Yahoo just about every day. This one caught by attention as I still like to pretend I care about nightlife when I never want to be out past 9 pm nowadays.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:50 PM   #1287
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://twitter.com/CaseyDeSantis/st...WFA3i-snMSDEDw

If there's one thing I admire about conservatives it's the amount of fight in them - there is no fight too small. Always on the attack.

Wish there were some liberals that did the same thing. John Fetterman comes to mind - he's been on the offensive about Dr. Oz living in Jerzee while running for PA Senator. But his health isn't the best and I'm sure it will cost him a few votes. Kinda hope this starts a new trend because the conservative playbook is modeled after Trump now - he just attacks any slight no matter how small. And he never apologizes.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:19 PM   #1288
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tucker is on fire tonight!

He Gets Us
Old 08-24-2022, 12:02 AM   #1289
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What marching orders did he give you tonight?
Old 08-24-2022, 08:25 AM   #1290
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
As the saying goes liar liar...