When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 AM   #1246
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The fallacy of inconsistency, but carry on. My previous post has zero to do with either of these.

When it comes to the terrible robo calls...is there a way to pull the business license from the company in Florida? Anybody can create them and send whatever message they want...
Please explain how the post that you were responding to #1209 and these have nothing to do with each other or what jamf was pointing out?

Advertisements
Old 09-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #1247
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

How nice is is it that the Senate gets 3 days to review 42k documents before they're expected to vote on Kavanaugh's confirmation?

Let's do some quick math:

1 day = 1440 minutes.
3 days = 4320 minutes.
42k documents / 4320 minutes

That's approx. 9.72 documents a minute!

Now of course that's not accurate because senators have staffs they can also use to help read the documents. But still, 3 days? Why the rush?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #1248
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

because the dems have already made up their mind (the republicans too). If they took the vote today, do you think it will be any different than a vote in October.

Most democrats, who need these documents so badly didn't even talk to him.

Most senators vote on bills before they could possibly read it all.

I am outta this thread at this point (it's as split and polarized as our whole political debate is - no one is changing anyone else's mind), so y'all enjoy.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:53 PM   #1249
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
How nice is is it that the Senate gets 3 days to review 42k documents before they're expected to vote on Kavanaugh's confirmation?

Let's do some quick math:

1 day = 1440 minutes.
3 days = 4320 minutes.
42k documents / 4320 minutes

That's approx. 9.72 documents a minute!

Now of course that's not accurate because senators have staffs they can also use to help read the documents. But still, 3 days? Why the rush?
Lets not forget the documents the WH won't release.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #1250
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
because the dems have already made up their mind (the republicans too). If they took the vote today, do you think it will be any different than a vote in October.

Most democrats, who need these documents so badly didn't even talk to him.

Most senators vote on bills before they could possibly read it all.

I am outta this thread at this point (it's as split and polarized as our whole political debate is - no one is changing anyone else's mind), so y'all enjoy.
I respect that.

Speaking of things I respect, it's select Trump aides:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...253?ocid=ientp

Quote:
The book opens with a dramatic scene. Former chief economic adviser Gary Cohn saw a draft letter he considered dangerous to national security on the Oval Office desk.

The letter would have withdrawn the US from a critical trade agreement with South Korea. Trump's aides feared the fallout could jeopardize a top-secret national security program: the ability to detect a North Korean missile launch within just seven seconds.

Woodward reports Cohn was "appalled" that Trump might sign the letter. "I stole it off his desk," Cohn told an associate. "I wouldn't let him see it. He's never going to see that document. Got to protect the country."

Cohn was not alone. Former staff secretary Rob Porter worked with Cohn and used the same tactic on multiple occasions, Woodward writes. In addition to literally stealing or hiding documents from Trump's desk, they sought to stall and delay decisions or distract Trump from orders they thought would endanger national security.
S/N this does not excuse the fact that Rob Porter is a woman beating piece of shit.

S/N raise your hand if you think saving money is more important than national security.

S/N, Trump's current Chief of Staff ladies and gentlemen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kelly
"He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:21 PM   #1251
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fred Guttenberg, the father of a Parkland student, tweeted that when he walked up to Judge Brett Kavanaugh as the morning session ended and put out his hand to introduce himself, “He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away.”

Just walked up to Judge Kavanaugh as morning session ended. Put out my hand to introduce myself as Jaime Guttenberg's dad. He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away. I guess he did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence.
— Fred Guttenberg (@fred_guttenberg) September 4, 2018

A source familiar with the encounter said that Kavanaugh did not know who he was and security intervened to end the exchange before there could even be a handshake.

The source explains an unidentified person approached Judge Kavanaugh. His security detail quickly stepped in because they did not know who the person was. When that occurred, and as security moved Judge Kavanaugh away from the man and toward an exit, the man began shouting at Judge Kavanaugh.

CNN has reviewed the video and it shows Guttenberg holding out his hand and Kavanaugh is seen listening to Guttenberg, expressionless, and then he turns away.

White House spokesman Raj Shah tweeted in response to Guttenberg.

“As Judge Kavanaugh left for his lunch break, an unidentified individual approached him. Before the judge was able to shake his hand, security had intervened," he said.

To that, Guttenberg responded, "Incorrect. I was here all day and introduced by Senator Feinstein. No security involved. He turned and walked away."

What a politicize piece of shit this parkland guy is...So this is fair game now? Bringing people in like this to pull stunt. What in the hell is wrong with this country?

This is why Trump gets voted into office. Garbage like this.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:56 PM   #1252
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Fred Guttenberg, the father of a Parkland student, tweeted that when he walked up to Judge Brett Kavanaugh as the morning session ended and put out his hand to introduce himself, “He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away.”

Just walked up to Judge Kavanaugh as morning session ended. Put out my hand to introduce myself as Jaime Guttenberg's dad. He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away. I guess he did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence.
— Fred Guttenberg (@fred_guttenberg) September 4, 2018

A source familiar with the encounter said that Kavanaugh did not know who he was and security intervened to end the exchange before there could even be a handshake.

The source explains an unidentified person approached Judge Kavanaugh. His security detail quickly stepped in because they did not know who the person was. When that occurred, and as security moved Judge Kavanaugh away from the man and toward an exit, the man began shouting at Judge Kavanaugh.

CNN has reviewed the video and it shows Guttenberg holding out his hand and Kavanaugh is seen listening to Guttenberg, expressionless, and then he turns away.

White House spokesman Raj Shah tweeted in response to Guttenberg.

“As Judge Kavanaugh left for his lunch break, an unidentified individual approached him. Before the judge was able to shake his hand, security had intervened," he said.

To that, Guttenberg responded, "Incorrect. I was here all day and introduced by Senator Feinstein. No security involved. He turned and walked away."

What a politicize piece of shit this parkland guy is...So this is fair game now? Bringing people in like this to pull stunt. What in the hell is wrong with this country?

This is why Trump gets voted into office. Garbage like this.
LOL, of course chico and the trump cult don't like it,hold off on your morally righteous BS .

Fuck em all eh chico???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.0a198e1d6ee3

Chico you might like this ................nah .It's an old opinion piece but a good one.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thoma...ocial-cohesion
Old 09-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #1253
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

[QUOTE=Giantone;1199333]LOL, of course chico and the trump cult don't like it,hold off on your morally righteous BS .

Fuck em all eh chico???

[QUOTE]

Dude this is a Supreme Court nominee, not a politician. You don't pull charades like this to promote fake news or political agendas.

Seriously zero class with this garbage.

This is ok? fuck no
Old 09-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #1254
Giantone
Gamebreaker

[quote=Chico23231;1199336][QUOTE=Giantone;1199333]LOL, of course chico and the trump cult don't like it,hold off on your morally righteous BS .

Fuck em all eh chico???

Quote:

Dude this is a Supreme Court nominee, not a politician. You don't pull charades like this to promote fake news or political agendas.

Seriously zero class with this garbage.

This is ok? fuck no
LOL, this piss's you off but nothing trump says or does gets a sniff from you, don't look now but your bias is showing. You're a hypocrite chico .
Old 09-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #1255
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

[quote=Giantone;1199340][quote=Chico23231;1199336]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, of course chico and the trump cult don't like it,hold off on your morally righteous BS .

Fuck em all eh chico???

LOL, this piss's you off but nothing trump says or does gets a sniff from you, don't look now but your bias is showing. You're a hypocrite chico .
Dude, like Paul Ryan says, I’m not gonna answer each day to something about trump. Yes he lies, yes he is an asshole...what?

Your syndrome is well known and you stay triggered 24/7...look, we get it.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:35 PM   #1256
dmek25
MVP

chico, most of what you post is pretty thought out. almost never do you just spew nonsense. but to call a father, that has lost a child to gun violence, garbage, and classless is crossing that said line. come on man. he wants answers. every political turn he makes is met with promises, and inaction. the judge will have a life time effect on where we stand on gun control, as a country. imo its not wrong to go to the source, to seek some sort of satisfaction
Old 09-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #1257
Giantone
Gamebreaker

[quote=Chico23231;1199345][quote=Giantone;1199340]
Quote:

Dude, like Paul Ryan says, I’m not gonna answer each day to something about trump. Yes he lies, yes he is an asshole...what?

Your syndrome is well known and you stay triggered 24/7...look, we get it.
I love it when you get #triggered !!!.....you need to go buy a mirror sonny.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:54 PM   #1258
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
chico, most of what you post is pretty thought out. almost never do you just spew nonsense. but to call a father, that has lost a child to gun violence, garbage, and classless is crossing that said line. come on man. he wants answers. every political turn he makes is met with promises, and inaction. the judge will have a life time effect on where we stand on gun control, as a country. imo its not wrong to go to the source, to seek some sort of satisfaction
So next time an alleged “liberal” judge nominee is before the House...it would be just fine for a mother or father killed by an illegal immigrant to approach that judge with hand out trying trying to make a similar “connection.” Or how about a guilt ridden mother who had an abortion but now is a pro-life activist, she can approach the nominee, with her hand out and maybe in the other pictures of dead fetuses for effect?

This isn’t the time for political statements or charades...this is a judge who is interviewing for the top spot in his profession...not an elected official. He should be respected and heard out.

When has shit like this become ok? Enough of these choreographed, fake events.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #1259
dmek25
MVP

if like you say, interviewing for the top spot, lets get as much info that available. and if its really that important, not block 100000 pages of transcripts. this seems like a marathon that congress is trying to finish in less then 5 minutes. and to the point of when this has become ok? never, in my book. these senseless killings keep getting swept under the rug, by old men thats main goal is to get re elected. its embarassing what politics has become. its in no way, shape, or form about the people any more
Old 09-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #1260
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So next time an alleged “liberal” judge nominee is before the House...it would be just fine for a mother or father killed by an illegal immigrant to approach that judge with hand out trying trying to make a similar “connection.” Or how about a guilt ridden mother who had an abortion but now is a pro-life activist, she can approach the nominee, with her hand out and maybe in the other pictures of dead fetuses for effect?

This isn’t the time for political statements or charades...this is a judge who is interviewing for the top spot in his profession...not an elected official. He should be respected and heard out.

When has shit like this become ok? Enough of these choreographed, fake events.
pisssst, Chico , don't look now but you "bias" is showing.