Guinness to Open Baltimore Co., Maryland Brewery: First in U.S. | Fortune.com

Advertisements
Old 02-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #1217
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
Heading down to RAR tomorrow for the release. I have not been able to get my hands on some of Diamondbacks Hop brothel or green machine yet but have heard good things. I had some of their regulars about a year ago and thought they were horrible so I had written them off. Was told they got some new investors and have stepped up their game.
Glad you enjoyed the RAR release. I made it to a can release last year and it was good times. Liked that they offered the beer up for sale online to make it easier to get and pickup.

Yeah, I had Omar's OPA and it was garbage. Hop Broth(el) was a pleasant surprise for sure.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #1218
RedskinMike
Special Teams

What is everyone sipping on this beautiful Friday? Got some Diamondback Hop Broth and Green Machine today and still have some RAR cans from 2 weeks ago.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:42 AM   #1219
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trying to lose some weight so I have given up on the beer and soda for a while or till my next trip to New England.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #1220
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
What is everyone sipping on this beautiful Friday? Got some Diamondback Hop Broth and Green Machine today and still have some RAR cans from 2 weeks ago.
Fresh Pernicious, ive been lucky to keep finding it so I keep buying it and at 10.99 a 4 pack, its not overly priced. Was looking forward to some fresh double duckpin but they sold out before I could get, I assume Union did a smaller batch than usual.

KBS should be released in MI only for March and then it should be around here in April, seems later than usual.

Any good beer releases coming?
Old 03-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #1221
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Fresh Pernicious, ive been lucky to keep finding it so I keep buying it and at 10.99 a 4 pack, its not overly priced. Was looking forward to some fresh double duckpin but they sold out before I could get, I assume Union did a smaller batch than usual.

KBS should be released in MI only for March and then it should be around here in April, seems later than usual.

Any good beer releases coming?
Not sure what is coming up. I have been going to local breweries recently and getting it fresh. Aslin is releasing stuff every week and RaR every month. Ocelot has been awesome also. RaR has 3 releasing on Dank Day and you can pre order and pick up Sunday. There is a fee but it is mostly tax and the beer is worth it.https://rar-brewing.ticketleap.com/d...2017_at_0100PM
Old 03-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #1222
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Not sure what is coming up. I have been going to local breweries recently and getting it fresh. Aslin is releasing stuff every week and RaR every month. Ocelot has been awesome also. RaR has 3 releasing on Dank Day and you can pre order and pick up Sunday. There is a fee but it is mostly tax and the beer is worth it.https://rar-brewing.ticketleap.com/d...2017_at_0100PM
I bought my mixed case when it went on sale this evening. I'm hitting up Burley and RAR that day. Luckily I'll be at my folks house in Rehoboth, so I'll hit up Burley early so I can grab cans and head to Cambridge to pick up RAR and back to Ocean City for the OC St Patty Day Parade after parties.

A buddy of mine grabbed me two 4 packs of RAR Edward Hyde from DTC last weekend and looking forward to trying those. I've also got a crowler of Burley's Lost in the Haze. Both of those will be tasty this weekend.

A few new breweries have popped up in Frederick. Attaboy Beer and Rockwell Brewery. Attaboy's grand opening was tonight and they had a NE Style IPA called Galaxy Maid. A friend of mine thoroughly enjoyed it. Rockwell's opening is tomorrow.

New place finally opened in Williamsport MD (81 near the MD/VA border) called Cushwa Brewing. I had a few of their beers last May at the Craft Beer Fest and they were on point. Looking forward to heading there to grab some crowlers.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
Old 03-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #1223
over the mountain
Playmaker

You guys are lucky to be able to make day trips out of it. My weekends are target, some chain restaurant for lunch, grocery store, some family function, clean house. Every single weekend. I cant make the eastern shore stuff but maybe the local-er stuff.

Ocelot - how deep is it into NoVA? Is it 15 mins in from the MD state line/American Legion bridge?

peak - ive stayed away from their stuff for no apparent reason but saw a fresh 4 pack of their Juice and got it.

O'connor - seeing their selection on shevles, out of Norfolk. Any word?
-------------------------------
Holy shit, I was just at magruders today but have overlooked their very small growler station. I didnt even think it was up and running yet.

Beer Brewery ABV% Price (64oz) Price (32oz)
Nanticoke Nectar RAR, MD 7.4 $12.99 $7.49
Double Duckpin IPA Union, MD 8.5 $14.99 $8.49
Billy Full Stack IIPA
SingleCut, NY 8.2 $19.99 $11.99
Dale's Pale Ale Oskar Blues, CO 6.5 $10.99 $6.49
Sump Coffee Stout Perennial, MO 10 $29.99 $16.99
2015 Bourbon County Stout Goose Island, IL 10 $52.99 $27.99

https://www.magrudersofdc.com/growlers

I was just talking to main guy there and mentioned id love some singlecut but cant swing the price hoping hed offer me a discount but he didnt.

2015 BCBS? 64 oz of singlecut for $20?!? Sump, i couldnt afford but can do $17 for 32 oz.

I want a 64oz pour of that entire lineup.

I also overheard him trying to talk down a distributor on the case price of 21st Amend blah blah blah down from $32/case.

Last edited by over the mountain; 03-02-2017 at 05:36 PM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #1224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Some folks love O'Conner, not much of a fan.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #1225
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

otm - Ocelot is out near Dulles Airport. So a bit further than 15 mins from the Legion Bridge. Caboose in Vienna does some decent stuff and is within that timeframe.

That's the one Peak beer (Juice) that I haven't tried yet. Supposed to be a good beer.

Never heard of O'Conner but would try stuff at least once.

I hear ya on weekends though. I get some down time maybe once a month, but I usually have to hustle to make things work out. Add the beer run into other errands. I have a standing beer share once a month based around WWE PPVs. My trip next weekend is in line with my birthday, so that's where the leeway comes in. Which is gonna take me 3 days to recover from. Damn getting old.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #1226
over the mountain
Playmaker

I hope the 2015 BCBS fill I got isnt bad. I know the 1 bottle of 2016 I got this year tasted much better than the 6 or so bottles of 2015 I had last year.

I didnt read anything about 2015 kegs being bad, just bottle production.

Guess Ill find out tonight.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:22 PM   #1227
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/60330/

So Deschutes Brewery started making appearances in the area bout a month ago. Gotta say a little disappointed. This stuff was well hyped....the one above I put as semi solid

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #1228
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
You guys are lucky to be able to make day trips out of it. My weekends are target, some chain restaurant for lunch, grocery store, some family function, clean house. Every single weekend. I cant make the eastern shore stuff but maybe the local-er stuff.

Ocelot - how deep is it into NoVA? Is it 15 mins in from the MD state line/American Legion bridge?

peak - ive stayed away from their stuff for no apparent reason but saw a fresh 4 pack of their Juice and got it.

O'connor - seeing their selection on shevles, out of Norfolk. Any word?
-------------------------------
Holy shit, I was just at magruders today but have overlooked their very small growler station. I didnt even think it was up and running yet.

Beer Brewery ABV% Price (64oz) Price (32oz)
Nanticoke Nectar RAR, MD 7.4 $12.99 $7.49
Double Duckpin IPA Union, MD 8.5 $14.99 $8.49
Billy Full Stack IIPA
SingleCut, NY 8.2 $19.99 $11.99
Dale's Pale Ale Oskar Blues, CO 6.5 $10.99 $6.49
Sump Coffee Stout Perennial, MO 10 $29.99 $16.99
2015 Bourbon County Stout Goose Island, IL 10 $52.99 $27.99

https://www.magrudersofdc.com/growlers

I was just talking to main guy there and mentioned id love some singlecut but cant swing the price hoping hed offer me a discount but he didnt.

2015 BCBS? 64 oz of singlecut for $20?!? Sump, i couldnt afford but can do $17 for 32 oz.

I want a 64oz pour of that entire lineup.

I also overheard him trying to talk down a distributor on the case price of 21st Amend blah blah blah down from $32/case.
For me its not a day trip. I go get the beer and leave. The last release i stayed for about a hour and had a beer though. The trip for me out of anne arundel is about a hour and 15. Ocelot is about a hour and DTC where I got Edward Hyde is 45-50.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #1229
over the mountain
Playmaker

I got burned on that 2015 keg of BCBS. Def a bad batch. I should have known and not taken the chance but I thought it was just bottles.

But fuck Magruders as well. They put "no sampling" on it so you couldnt try it and see. One sip let you know it was bad. They had to know it was bad or the guy purposely didnt try it before selling it. Their beer guy knows beer and he knows what he is doing.

Monument City is back with cans of 51 rye w dob stamps. Tasted real good this weekend. Nice easy drinking rye beer.

Im out 27.99.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #1230
btfoom
Camp Scrub

I really enjoy a place near me called the 'Frisco Ale-House'. So fun and the fact they need large screen TVs to simply list all the beers they have on tap makes it a great place to go. Little pricey, but great fun for a couple beers and tasty apps.
btfoom is offline   Reply With Quote