Non QB pick 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2024, 11:21 AM   #1216
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
One thing you don’t hear at all is “who is the no 1 QB” on the board.

There is zero doubt Williams is much better prospect than JD.

JD seriously flawed like most QB prospects, but his weight should be a major concern.
Even CW is not a HR at QB.. Its a crapshoot anymore.

I do agree that JD5 is skinny as hell and he better bulk up for the next level

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2024, 07:13 AM   #1217
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

I remain in the Maye camp but after watching more of his games his speed concerns me. Sure he is mobile in space, but when he needs to escape defenders he is routinely caught by them. Many of them are not taking angles, they are going straight towards the sidelines and Drake can't turn the corner.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 08:50 AM   #1218
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
I remain in the Maye camp but after watching more of his games his speed concerns me. Sure he is mobile in space, but when he needs to escape defenders he is routinely caught by them. Many of them are not taking angles, they are going straight towards the sidelines and Drake can't turn the corner.
Burrow , Herbert , Tua , Stroud all in the same boat but all big time QBs... I'm not too worried about his speed TBH.. I think he'll be ok
Old 03-09-2024, 09:20 AM   #1219
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Burrow , Herbert , Tua , Stroud all in the same boat but all big time QBs... I'm not too worried about his speed TBH.. I think he'll be ok
And those are the types of QBs I prefer. But Maye has to able to throw it like they do at the next level and that remains to be seen. I just wish he had the speed of say Daniel Jones (who I hate as a player). Or Hell even Brock Purdy who I saw beat defenders to the edge as well.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:01 PM   #1220
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

I have been on the Maye train all along. I much prefer a pocket passer because the team that wins the Super Bowl has a really good pocket passer nearly every time.

I have been watching Maye's full games, the first few I kept trying to convince myself that he could be like Ben Rothlisberger. But after watching 6-7 games now I just don't see anything that would make me believe he will be special. He does not escape traffic in the pocket nearly as well as the more athletic QBs, his footspeed I also have to question. He got a lot of rushing yards in the open field but when he needs to beat a defender to the edge he struggles. His passing is good but nothing close to elite.

I think the odds are far better that he ends up somewhere between Blake Bortels and David Carr than he ends up as an elite QB. If you are going to take a swing take a big swing on a guy who could be great, and I no longer believe that is Drake Maye.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:10 PM   #1221
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
I have been on the Maye train all along. I much prefer a pocket passer because the team that wins the Super Bowl has a really good pocket passer nearly every time.

I have been watching Maye's full games, the first few I kept trying to convince myself that he could be like Ben Rothlisberger. But after watching 6-7 games now I just don't see anything that would make me believe he will be special. He does not escape traffic in the pocket nearly as well as the more athletic QBs, his footspeed I also have to question. He got a lot of rushing yards in the open field but when he needs to beat a defender to the edge he struggles. His passing is good but nothing close to elite.

I think the odds are far better that he ends up somewhere between Blake Bortels and David Carr than he ends up as an elite QB. If you are going to take a swing take a big swing on a guy who could be great, and I no longer believe that is Drake Maye.
I thibk the floor is better than Bortles , the cieling is Herbert
Old 03-13-2024, 07:03 AM   #1222
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I voted for non-qb player just to annoy everybody. WILDCARD BITCHES!

I'm not all-in on either one. Daniels is the consensus better qb but he's gotta be pretty light and you know defenders are gonna try to hit him every chance they get.

Maye has the prototypical size you want but his mechanics? need work.

I just hope whoever we do take buries themselves in the film room because getting drafted is the easy part.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:49 AM   #1223
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I voted trade down for similar reasons

I will say though, that a small part of me thinks that they will get an offer they can't refuse, and if they aren't 100% sold on Maye or Daniels they just might take it.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:14 AM   #1224
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:34 PM   #1225
Meks
Pro Bowl

I voted non-qb...but could go trade down as well... Simply because i personally have seen enough in Howell that with a competent staff on both sides of the ball and upgrades in the roster.. i truly feel he will succeed. The back of my mind is hoping the new regime saw what i saw and they just give him a chance.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:40 PM   #1226
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

There are some that believe the Bears will trade out of 1 and take MH JR.

Ryan Clark " If the Bears were trading Fields, they would have by now"

Interesting
Old 03-13-2024, 12:50 PM   #1227
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

So we take QB at 2. What else would it take if we trade one of our seconds and one of our thirds to move up and get one of the more highly touted Tackles like a Mims or a Latham? We would still have 7 picks in this years draft. We are taking a quarterback at 2 we absolutely need to put people in front of him who can play immediately. We currently have a C, a RG, and a LG I am comfortable with. Outside of those three, Biadasz, Allegretti, and Cosmi we have Stromberg who is a question mark. There is really nothing at Tackle and no depth at G.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:54 PM   #1228
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I voted non-qb...but could go trade down as well... Simply because i personally have seen enough in Howell that with a competent staff on both sides of the ball and upgrades in the roster.. i truly feel he will succeed. The back of my mind is hoping the new regime saw what i saw and they just give him a chance.

I was one of Howells biggest fans. Basically SF’s Vice President. There is certainly part of me that would love to use those 9 picks to amass an awesome oline but the problem is we are in a position to draft one of three guys who are possibly generational guys. If you look at the crop ready to come out next year it is hard to find one. Plus we may not sit at number 2 in the draft anyway. If we keep Sam and he does not pan out it would probably be catastrophic.
Old 03-13-2024, 01:00 PM   #1229
MTK
\m/

People still on the Sam bandwagon when we have the #2 pick in a strong QB class have me like

Old 03-13-2024, 01:18 PM   #1230
nonniey
The Starter

Our Day 2 picks are more interesting since we already know we are going with 1 of 3 players at #2 (all QBs). I like the idea of trading up to get a top OT or possibly Edge rusher (OT preferable). Maybe both as we have two 2ds and two thirds. Could we end up with three 1st round picks?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote