Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #106
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If you don't take it out of context, you see that the Democratic senator was faulting the military for not separating it out:

In other words, the military was trying to lump big cases with small in order to minimize the issue.
Adding them together would minimize? I would think removing the minor stuff would minimize the numbers.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #107
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Adding them together would minimize? I would think removing the minor stuff would minimize the numbers.
Except that like you were trying to do - claiming a verbal assault is lumped in with the more serious stuff thus saying it's just college kids doing what they do.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #108
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Minimize the issue is what he said, not minimize the numbers
Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #109
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
When in doubt cry about the "Constitution" weather it has anything to do with the argument or not.
I'm just speechless at the stupidity of this statement. There is a reason our government is put in check. There is a reason why they are required to have warrants to obtain confiscate, inspect or search your property. The Constitution has everything to do with it.

Quote:
People like you are screaming about right to privacy show me where it says you right to privacy can be the cause for innocent American citizens to be murdered by terrorist?
Another stupid ass statement. My right to privacy can be the cause for innocent American citizens to be murdered by terrorist? Are you a Fox News listener by chance? That sounds like garbage being fed by a bunch of fear mongering media outlets. They want you to be scared. Why? Scared people will give up anything to feel "protected". Also, how is not invading my privacy causing innocent Americans to die?

Quote:
Republicans and Democrats alike have a greed the program is (was) working, like it or not the American public does not have the "right" to know everything that goes on to protect them.
This means what to me? Have you seen the state of our country? So if both parties are agreeing with it, chances are it's definitely something we shouldn't be doing. That said, even the guy that created the Patriot Act is questioning this. Hey, the dumbass should have thought of that when it was brought up.

The actual breakdown on who voted for the renewal of the Patriot Act. I thought the GOP were suppposed to be staunch supporters of the Constitution? I guess that only applies to gun laws since they are getting NRA funds.

Congressional Bills and Votes - NYTimes.com

Here you have the head of the NSA outright lying to a Congressman about the NSA collecting data.

...and you want me to put my trust and faith in those assholes? Nevertheless the assholes in Congress.

You sir are naive as hell. I'll leave you with this quote from a man much smarter than you, me or anybody in our current government.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #110
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Except that like you were trying to do - claiming a verbal assault is lumped in with the more serious stuff thus saying it's just college kids doing what they do.
I'm not trying to do that its the military that lumped them together. What's so hard to under stand here. I agree its a serious issue I'm, just saying the number is way over inflated because they have lumped everything together. Do you think that in 2012 the military actually had 26,000 sexual assults?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #111
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm not trying to do that its the military that lumped them together. What's so hard to under stand here. I agree its a serious issue I'm, just saying the number is way over inflated because they have lumped everything together. Do you think that in 2012 the military actually had 26,000 sexual assults?
From my time in the military, and the fact that we have 1.4 Million active duty members, yes, I could see 26,000 sexual assaults, or more specifically, I could see the percentage of sexual assaults significantly outweighing the lesser included type charges.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #112
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
From my time in the military, and the fact that we have 1.4 Million active duty members, yes, I could see 26,000 sexual assaults, or more specifically, I could see the percentage of sexual assaults significantly outweighing the lesser included type charges.
I just read that number of 26,000 was not reported cases but from a survey done and a estimate from a survey.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #113
firstdown
Living Legend

Overall, there were 3,374 reports of sexual assault during the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30.

—Based on that number and anonymous surveys of service members, the Pentagon estimates that as many as 26,000 military members may have been sexually assaulted last year.

Breaking the numbers down:

—Of the 3,374 reported sexual assaults, there were 3,604 victims, because there often is more than one victim or more than one crime in a report. Of those victims, nearly 3,000 were service members.

—Nearly 800 cases involved victims who did not file complaints against their alleged attackers but simply sought help.

Victims in the 2,558 reports that triggered complaints were:

—88 percent women

—66 percent between 20 and 34 years old

—Mostly low-ranking service members

—More than 1,100 were in the Army, the largest military service; nearly 600 in the Navy; nearly 300 in the Air Force and 239 in the Marine Corps.

—573 were not members of the U.S. military.

The suspects:

—90 percent were male; 2 percent were female; others were unidentified.

—36 percent were between 20-24 years old; 30 percent were 25-34 years old. In two cases the suspect was 65 or older.

—Most were in the lower to middle enlisted ranks.

—More than 1,200 were Army; about 550 were Navy and more than 330 were either Air Force or Marine.

Alleged crime:

—Rape, 27 percent; aggravated sexual assault and sexual assault 28 percent; aggravated or abusive sexual contact, 35 percent; nonconsensual sodomy, 6 percent

— More than 2,100 cases involved a male suspect/female victim; in 194 cases both were male; in 23 cases it was a female suspect/male victim and in 26 cases they were both female

—The alleged attack took place most often on a Saturday or Sunday, in the very late night or early morning hours.

Judgment:
Old 06-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #114
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
What did you mean then earlier when you said "Is this even news"
Old 06-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #115
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What did you mean then earlier when you said "Is this even news"
*crickets*

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #116
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Is this really news? I could have told you back when women started joining that if you mix young men and women into the military this would happen. For the most part we are talking college age kids and a little older.
I explained it here. Tight quarters young men with women and it was going to happen. Never said it was right just said its not a surprising its happening.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #117
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I explained it here. Tight quarters young men with women and it was going to happen. Never said it was right just said its not a surprising its happening.
Ok well when I read that post I thought you were saying what's the big deal?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #118
firstdown
Living Legend

Thats the only post where I said "is this really news". So am I still &^%$ing moron?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #119
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Thats the only post where I said "is this really news". So am I still &^%$ing moron?
I think you missed the point I was trying to make on the moron statement. But I'm sorry about that.

Moving on
Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #120
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think you missed the point I was trying to make on the moron statement. But I'm sorry about that.

Moving on
But you hurt my feelings. I think you need to take a sinsitivity training course.