Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The 2nd Amendment Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-22-2021, 01:45 PM   #106
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The 2nd Amendment Thread

No his community is his business and people in the area were doing their best to defend from violent rioters. He was coordinating with others to defend local businesses that were under threat. Again, he was attacked…he is allowed to be there regardless of your opinion.

Remember the rioters had zero reason to be there, Jacob Blake was justifiable shot. Rioters should have been at home and not living out some bullshit woke riot fantasy attacking property and people.

MTK will have to disagree on this one.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #107
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
No his community is his business and people in the area were doing their best to defend from violent rioters. He was coordinating with others to defend local businesses that were under threat. Again, he was attacked…he is allowed to be there regardless of your opinion.

Remember the rioters had zero reason to be there, Jacob Blake was justifiable shot. Rioters should have been at home and not living out some bullshit woke riot fantasy attacking property and people.

MTK will have to disagree on this one.
If you had a kid would you let him go into that situation with a gun?

If the rioters had no reason to be there than neither did Rittenhouse. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:04 PM   #108
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The entire chain of events leading up to him killing 2 people just blows me away. What parent would drive their kid across state lines with a gun to a place where there is civil unrest? A gun he bought because he thought it looked cool, but he wasn't there looking for trouble? Ok. Have to think this opens up a can of worms for the future. Any idiot with a gun will now feel empowered to show up to a protest to just "help out" and then claim self defense when things get dicey and they decide to start playing Call of Duty for real.
Damn this is a perfect example of people still believing and repeating inaccurate information.

Case in point.
"What parent would drive their kid across state lines with a gun to a place where there is civil unrest?"
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #109
SunnySide
Playmaker

SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 02:18 PM   #110
nonniey
The Starter

Inaccurate things I've read or heard (on the radio) on the case since Friday.

1) Ritterhouse killed 3 black men.
2) He chased down and shot his first victim.
3) He was randomly shooting into the crowd.
4) He was a member of a white supremacist militia.
5) His mother drove him to the protest/riot.
6) He transported a gun across state lines.
7) It was illegal for him to have that gun at the riot since he was only 17.

I think it would help everyone if just facts were used when discussing this case.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #111
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Damn this is a perfect example of people still believing and repeating inaccurate information.

Case in point.
"What parent would drive their kid across state lines with a gun to a place where there is civil unrest?"
Yeah thanks, I already corrected that.

Does that make it all better that he drove himself though?
Old 11-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #112
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Yeah thanks, I already corrected that.

Does that make it all better that he drove himself though?
Not at all just people are basing many of their positions on inaccurate info.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #113
skinsfan69
Living Legend

These looters, rioters and most protesters these days are just emotionally weak losers. You're going to loot and protest because of Jacob Blake? Think about what your cause is? A criminal who had warrants for sexual assault and a few other things. Wasn't he going to stab someone before the cops gave him lead?? Sound like he deserved it.

I turned on the tv the other night and people in NY were protesting. Steve Kerr and Steve Nash looked like they were going to cry. Wtf is wrong w/ people these days? People protested for voting rights, basic equal human rights and now they protest for criminals like Jacob Blake.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 02:28 PM   #114
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I think the scary part of all of this was the mishandling the media did of the story, I had a hard time gathering the facts every outlet had a different story.

The media is a very very powerful weapon much more so then a random kid with a ar 15. Kyle might have mowed down two people the media can light a war with their words.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:30 PM   #115
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Not at all just people are basing many of their positions on inaccurate info.
My very simple position is he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Still have yet to see a good argument against that basic point. If we all can't even agree that a 17 year old taking a gun to volatile scene was a bad idea, well, that's a problem.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:38 PM   #116
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
My very simple position is he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Still have yet to see a good argument against that basic point. If we all can't even agree that a 17 year old taking a gun to volatile scene was a bad idea, well, that's a problem.
Oh, I agree with you on that whole heartedly. A teenager (heck anyone for that matter but especially a teenager) with a gun at a riot is a pretty volatile mix. That doesn't mean the verdict was wrong.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:57 PM   #117
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Oh, I agree with you on that whole heartedly. A teenager (heck anyone for that matter but especially a teenager) with a gun at a riot is a pretty volatile mix. That doesn't mean the verdict was wrong.
I haven't questioned the verdict. The prosecution seemed ill prepared from the start, and the high burden of proof rests on them with a self defense claim. Right from the jump it wasn't hard to see what way the case was heading.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:03 PM   #118
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think the scary part of all of this was the mishandling the media did of the story, I had a hard time gathering the facts every outlet had a different story.

The media is a very very powerful weapon much more so then a random kid with a ar 15. Kyle might have mowed down two people the media can light a war with their words.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:05 PM   #119
SunnySide
Playmaker

Why?

Why do we need 16 year olds with assault rifles "protecting people".

If something starts to happen .. I dont trust a 16 or 17 year old to be able to maintain their composure.

A frazzled 16 year old armed with an assault rifle is going to perceive a lot of things as a threat when an adult might be more rationale.

The first guy Rittenhouse killed was unarmed but acting like a "babbling idiot" asking to be shot.

The adults could see he wasnt a real threat ... Rittenhouse was scared. Scared kids tend to do dumb things.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsin...use-protesters

-------------------

Lackowski, who was armed the night of the unrest, said he had traveled to Kenosha to protect local property. He said he met Rittenhouse, who introduced himself as an EMT.

The former Marine testified that he also came across Rosenbaum, who "had been...acting very belligerently, he had asked very bluntly to shoot him" but that he did not consider the man to be a threat.

Lackowski said he perceived Rosenbaum as a "babbling idiot" and that he turned away and ignored him. He said Rosenbaum was "false stepping ... to entice someone to do something" -- an action he demonstrated for the jury as taking a quick step forward before stepping back.

At one point, Lackowski testified, he ran toward the sound of gunfire and encountered Rittenhouse -- who appeared "frazzled, in shock" and was still armed -- running away.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/05/us/ky...day/index.html

---------------------

I dont want your fucking 16 year old daughter walking around volatile areas with an assault rifle ffs.

I dont trust your 16 year old daughter with my life.

I shouldnt have to trust the judgment of an armed 16 year old.

-------------

Rittenhouse .. all those adults with guns and its not by coincidence the 17 year old perceived a threat when the adults didnt.

17 year old was the only one to fire his weapon (except some random gun fire that spooked Kyle to begin with).
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:06 PM   #120
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I haven't questioned the verdict. The prosecution seemed ill prepared from the start, and the high burden of proof rests on them with a self defense claim. Right from the jump it wasn't hard to see what way the case was heading.

Prosecution was weak. Plus Daddy Judge was going to do everything in his power to make sure Jr didn’t start crying again after the verdict. I mean there was “a black” on the jury.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote