Democratic debates

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #106
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Democratic debates

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
who's saying we're prioritizing it? i'm just saying it makes sense to do things that make sense. the cons of legalization are pretty low, so it's not like there's a strong financial or safety risk compared to some of the more intractable issues.

again,, you're saying :why don't we deal with terror first" because terror is an arbitrary term and kills less americans than drug violence. how many americans died to foreign terrorism last year?

if we're prioritizing harm reduction, international terrorism falls very low on the list. alcohol and drugs land much much higher. and people definitely die to pot deals too, any time you put big money and people that aren't afraid of committing crimes in the same place, bad things can happen.
K follow me here.

Unless you're a complete sheep, I'm sure there are subjects upon which you agree with the democrats and subjects upon which you agree with the republicans.

Parenthetically, if you line up entirely behind one party or the other on every single issue, then you're not really much of an independent thinker. But you guys are all sharp.

So when you decide who to vote for, how do you reconcile those conflicts? For example, I personally can't stand that republicans are opposed to gay marriage rights, but I'm also very supportive of their stance on trade policy, particularly with China. How do you decide how to break those kinds of ties?

You prioritize. You decide which policies are more important to you, and you put more weight on them.

All I'm saying is this weed issue can't possibly factor big into your voting choice, or I worry about how you think through your priorities.

I jumped on Mooby because I read his post to mean that this is a big issue for him. I since realized I misunderstood. While I agree that legalizing pot just makes practical sense, I can't believe it would factor into anybody's decision on who to vote for.

And maybe it's not factoring into your decision on who to vote for. In which case I'm sorry I even engaged in the discussion, because who cares.

Advertisements
Old 02-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #107
That Guy
Living Legend

yeah, no, it has nothing to do with deciding who i vote for, it's really not the president's job either, it's congress's, i just think it's a reasonable thing to do. I don't think anyone is using it as issue #1 in who to pick, so i guess we were kind of talking past each other. that's for the articulation, the thread makes a lot more sense now.

i really wish our political process didn't cater to short sighted, self-serving a-holes. it just seems like every 4 years i have to make a binary decision between different shades of terrible/
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #108
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

From a CNN entrance poll in Nevada

Top candidate quality
1024 total respondents
Can win in November HC-80 BS - 15
Cares about people HC 26 BS - 72
Honesty and Trust HC 12 BS - 82
Right Experience HC 92 BS - 8

Those are some stark numbers.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #109
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dems' new fear: Sanders revolt could upend Democratic convention - CNNPolitics.com

Sen. Barbara Boxer, a veteran of Democratic politics, says she never saw anything quite like this before.

Loud cursing, shouting, obscene gestures and vile insults, including crude comments about the female anatomy. It was all on display over the weekend as supporters of Bernie Sanders turned the Nevada State Democratic Convention into chaos.

"I was not able to stop these people for doing what they did," Boxer, a Hillary Clinton supporter, told CNN. "Apparently they've done it before. .... This group of about 100 were very vocal, and I can't describe it -- disrespectful doesn't even explain it, it was worse than that."

READ: Changing super delegate rules would still leave Sanders behind

Boxer is hardly the lone Clinton supporter to experience such harassment on the campaign trail. Several top Democrats told CNN publicly and privately that the energy and enthusiasm of Sanders supporters has at times descended into incendiary attacks that threaten to tear apart efforts to unite Democrats against Donald Trump. Several female senators told CNN the attacks have been misogynistic.

Feel the burn bitches

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #110
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Hillary just gave Bernie and his supporters the ultimate fuck you...lololololol with the Tim Kaine choice.

Kaine is a really nice guy...normal guy. Met him at a small bar/music venue bout 5'years ago. Really cool guy. Very moderate with his views. He isn't a Vice President type IMO, but he is a good choice for Hillary.

Kaine actually lives about a mile from my sister in a very ordinary house in a cool neighborhood. He isn't and never been an elitist like Clintons or the Obamas.

He Gets Us
Old 07-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #111
Schneed10
A Dude

Richmond Law professor. Spider Pride.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:27 AM   #112
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Bernie got hosed? The DNC is rigged? Shocking....lol

Wikileaks Dumps Democratic National Committee E-Mails : snopes.com
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:32 AM   #113
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Wikileaks hits DNC ahead of convention, competes with Kaine VP nomination

DNC chair won't speak at Dem convention following Wikileaks fallout - CNNPolitics.com

Everyone, lets watch how the national media handles the biggest scandal of the presidential election...wikileaks and how the dnc party colluded to screw Bernie.

Trump was right the whole time, the system was rigged against Bernie.

It's so funny how the Democrats portray themselves as the party who is totally inclusive of ideas and people, therefore are morally higher than the gop. But guess what? They aren't, they do the opposite and even take it a step farther to collude against its own electorate.

How in the hell do you vote for Hillary now? Especially if for any second you supported Bernie?

Did the gop collude to replace trump? No, they moved forward...but the democrats, the party came together to do everything they could to put Hillary as their candidate.

Trump is right, Bernie got screwed and Hillary and the DNC are clearly to blame.

He Gets Us
Old 07-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #114
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Twitter accused of suppressing DNC Wikileaks story | Washington Examiner

Looks like social media platform Twitter has already attempted to censor the dnc wiki leaks story.

Folks, like I said...watch how the media covers this story. They suppress stuff they don't want to report

He Gets Us
Old 07-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #115
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

MSNBC — Breaking News, Top Stories, & Show Clips

The dnc wiki leaks story is nowhere to be found on msnbc. Lol...unbelievable

Good article here:

Bernie Sanders Campaign Chief Says Someone Must Be 'Accountable' for What DNC Emails Show - ABC News

So true, the media talks about two lines of a speech by Melina trump for 3 straight days, but folks want to suppress this story. Unbiased much?

He Gets Us
Old 07-24-2016, 11:03 AM   #116
Hog1

Biased media?????

Several of the emails released indicate that the officials, including Wasserman Schultz, grew increasingly agitated with Sanders and his campaign as the primary season advanced, in one instance even floating bringing up Sanders' religion to try and minimize his support.
"It might may [sic] no difference, but for KY and WA can we get someone to ask his belief," Brad Marshall, CFO of DNC, wrote in an email on May 5, 2016. "Does he believe in God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My southern baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist."
Old 07-24-2016, 12:22 PM   #117
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I tell you, Hillary is a master politician...Bernie, the only burn he feels now is from getting bent over. Bernie has to go along with Hillary now...the progressives were used and abused by Hillary and her crew, now she has pivoted back to the center with the Kaine choice AFTER the endorsement of Bernie.

Bernie and the progressive movement ain't gonna do shit about the wikileaks...they are just gonna bend over...that's this generation, all talk. Not tough enough to stand up and do anything about it. P*ssies. Lol Hillary played y'all big time!

He Gets Us
Old 07-24-2016, 10:28 PM   #118
Hog1

Well...who is all that surprised there was something wrong with the outcome of the Dem Primary? By appearance, Bernie kept winning the states..BUT could not get any traction.
It is the way the Hill & Bill show has always done business and will continue to. It just took some inspired email work by "Debbie does the DNC" to bring it to light........
AND what did the 220m in donations collected by Bernie go for?
.....nothing
Old 07-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #119
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Amazed at the silence of certain posters who called the Republican convention a clown show. The DNC Chair got booed and sounded like a kindergarten teacher BY HER OWN STATE DELEGATION, AT THEIR OWN EVENT. Let's settle down people(her words). Behave like good boys and girls(my interpretation). Amazing!!!

I know it's not exactly related, but how in the hell should any Democratic nominee be trusted with national security, when they a) don't understand what Classified means, and b) can't control their own email servers. Don't get me wrong, I am sure it will be a matter of moments before some RNC emails are leaked and the media says see no one can be perfect....

both parties are soooo screwed up ! it's really sad.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 07-25-2016 at 01:05 PM. Reason: correction
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #120
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Amazed at the silence of certain posters who called the Republican convention a clown show. The DNC Chair got booed and sounded like a kindergarten teacher IN HER OWN STATE, AT THEIR OWN EVENT. Let's settle down people(her words). Behave like good boys and girls(my interpretation). Amazing!!!

I know it's not exactly related, but how in the hell should any Democratic nominee be trusted with national security, when they a) don't understand what Classified means, and b) can't control their own email servers. Don't get me wrong, I am sure it will be a matter of moments before some RNC emails are leaked and the media says see no one can be perfect....

both parties are soooo screwed up ! it's really sad.
When all else fails blame the Russians...lol

But seriously, these are both just clown shows. Watching MSNBC and CNN talking heads try talk up another democratic embarrassment is rich though. Like I said, complain about 2 sentences from Ms Trump for 3 straight days but make up bullshit excuses for the DNC colluding to get Hillary as the nominee. I mean, its fraud...

These 2 clown shows once again highlight the fact we need more options in this country. I don't see how anybody in their right mind could vote for Hillary or Trump.

He Gets Us