Smoot Lays the Smack Down

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #106
freddyg12
Playmaker

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yeah. I'm not a Beck finatic but I was glad he came in and was able to do a little something. But was pissed me off more then anything was he came in with 12 min. to go of the game ..... and only musterd 2 drives? Where was the 2 min. drill? I'm expecting Payton Manning from either Grossman or Beck in the second yr of their tenure, no huddle offense drive the ball and we get more McNabb...... huddle up.... huddle up...... huddle up. Fail on the 2 min. drill.
I was annoyed by that too, and Fox's commentators noted it as well. Gotta figure that it was largely due to Beck not having regular reps w/the 1st team. Still, your backup should be able to come in & run the 2 minute offense. I wonder if Shanny was trying to give the D more rest & figured that Beck would be more successful at the regular pace.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #107
#56fanatic
The Starter

"The other three interceptions, I'd have to go back and watch them again, but from what I saw it was all on Rex. All on him trying to make a play. And why was he trying to make a play? Because of...."

I would point out on the one to FD in the redzone was his fault as well. I noticed watching the game he stopped and let the safety move up. He needed to keep his route going and cross the safety, which is where Rex threw the ball. I know he threw 4 picks, two of which should not have been. THe last one on the side line, I haven't seen from the angle he had, but it looked pretty bad.

Saying that, I wouldn't make a change in QB this week. I still think Rex is the starting QB. There were SEVERAL drops as well that would have kept drives alive. Unfortunately Rex and all other QB's take the heat most of the time. I'd say give him a half, see how he plays and if its not good or he is still pressing and making bad decisions, then you put Beck in for the entire 2nd half.

By not switching him now, it may give him a little needed confidence. If he believes the coach has his back, and isn't benching him then maybe he'll have a hell of week and play really well. Time will tell. Who knows what the Shanny's have in mind.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #108
44ever

A QB that needs a benching to get motivated is not worth it. He may bounce back the following game but will eventually fall right back into his natural rhythm. Blaming the loss to the Eagles on the receivers is really stretching it to protect Grossman and the coach who started him. Its not like all those picks bounced out of our hands.

It makes very good sense to start Beck at Carolina. IMO.

Grossman Four Interceptions 10/16/11

Last edited by 44ever; 10-18-2011 at 10:52 AM.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #109
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
A QB that needs a benching to get motivated is not worth it. He may bounce back the following game but will eventually fall right back into his natural rhythm. Blaming the loss to the Eagles on the receivers is really stretching it to protect Grossman and the coach who started him. Its not like all those picks bounced out of our hands.

It makes very good sense to start Beck at Carolina. IMO.

Grossman Four Interceptions 10/16/11
Don't tell Joe Theismann.......
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #110
Bucket
Playmaker

The first INT.. If you watch, he has Moss 1 on 1 underneath and it looked like Moss was going to be wide open.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #111
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
The first INT.. If you watch, he has Moss 1 on 1 underneath and it looked like Moss was going to be wide open.
True. But it is also true that on the first INT, if Davis had just fought for the ball at its highest point, he likely would have had a touchdown.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #112
Meks
Pro Bowl

the loss? .

1/4 Rex
1/4 first half d
1/4 drops/receivers, o-line,
1/4 piss poor officiating..

Kyle's piss poor play calling is the salt that sprinkles on the whole dish just add that taste of shit.

simple as that honestly
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Last edited by Meks; 10-18-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #113
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
the loss? .

1/4 Rex
1/4 first half d
1/4 drops/receivers, o-line,
1/4 piss poor officiating

simple as that honestly
Add the playcalling by Kyle to that list.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #114
Meks
Pro Bowl

Absolutley ... how could that slip my mind. piss poor.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #115
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Funny with everyone focused on who's in at QB we fail to put the attention on who's going to be at what spot on the OL? Especially LT.

Lickensteiger(SP) is out for the season now and Hurt is being brought up from the practice squad. I'll assume Montgomery is back at Center and possibly Hurt is LG, but who fills in for TW while he's out with the high ankle?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #116
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Funny with everyone focused on who's in at QB we fail to put the attention on who's going to be at what spot on the OL? Especially LT.

Lickensteiger(SP) is out for the season now and Hurt is being brought up from the practice squad. I'll assume Montgomery is back at Center and possibly Hurt is LG, but who fills in for TW while he's out with the high ankle?
Look for Cook to stay at center and Monty at LG.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #117
#56fanatic
The Starter

Locklear will play left tackle. As far as the LG and C, it will be montgomery and cook i guessing. I doubt they move Brown over to left since he hasn't played there in a year and half.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #118
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Willie Smith could get activated. And then let's just hope no mo get hurt...see what I did there?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #119
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

The play calling was horrible. The execution was horrendous Rex and Kyle are my goats.

Someone posted stats of other good quarterbacks (Brady, Brees, Manning, ...) that throw a lot of interceptions but statistics alone don't describe the horrible interceptions T-Rex throws. You watch the replay and you wonder what is he looking at or if he is looking at all. It seems as though at pre-snap, he predetermines where he is throwing. Just like the throw that ended Cooley's season. Didn't he see the linebacker right there. He threw it anyway. Get the receiver killed pass. One time Santana had slipped on his cut and was on the ground. T-Rex threw it anyway. Didn't he see that the receiver had slipped. What the hell is he looking at. I don't know if Beck is the answer but T-Rex body of work is enough for the team to go in a different direction.

The Redskins play calling is become very predictable. I thought the Eagles out-coached the Skins on both sides of the ball. The Eagles obviously had an offensive game plan to counteract the Redskin tendency to over-pursue on defense. They ran misdirection running plays, play-action passes, misdirection screen plays and shuttle passes to counter the Skins aggressiveness. On defense, the Eagles were forcing the Skins to pass. They knew that T-Rex was not going to beat them. Meanwhile, they maintained gap control on the Skins only running play. Come'on Kyle, show some imagination on offense.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #120
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
True. But it is also true that on the first INT, if Davis had just fought for the ball at its highest point, he likely would have had a touchdown.
Sometimes it is the interceptions that are the worse, its the lack of field vision and the incredible cockiness to force the ball into double and triple coverage, repeatedly. On the first interception, there were three defenders around Davis, Santana had single coverage underneath and was breaking wide open. T-Rex has been doing this his whole career. He isn't changing.