Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

MILE HIGH THRILLER POST GAME

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-18-2023, 12:18 PM   #106
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Re: MILE HIGH THRILLER POST GAME

Great win. Remember folks--this is the BEGINNING of a new era. Not there yet, obviously. But man, it is so much nicer to win some games.

First off, Bieniemy is such a huge upgrade. What a pleasure to watch a real offense. How frickin long has it been?

Biggest play of Jamin's career? Hope the LBs can grow behind this monster D line.

Thomas--wow. How do you hold on to that ball? Jeebus, it's a violent game. Fuck Kareem Jackson.

Terry is a a straight out baller. Glad he has a bit of help now. A great captain.

B Rob--yes, my man!! What a great game overall.

Howell--keep it up, kid. No TOs!! Going to be ups and downs, no doubt.

So, did our defense actually adjust after the first quarter, or did they just wake up? Haven't heard much analysis. Seemed that Denver stopped going long.

Anyway, great win. Lots to improve--O-line (tackles, especially), LB play, long snapper (wtf?). But it's early days--2 games post-Snyder.

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2023, 12:25 PM   #107
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

TOP 5 Graded players on O Yesterday

1. CHarles 82.9
2. Thomas 78.9
3. BRob 76.8
4. Turner 71
5. Howell 70

On Defense

1. Payne 86
2 . CY 76
3. Toohill 73
4 . St Juste 72
5. Fuller 68

Forbes two bust in coverage killed him
Old 09-18-2023, 12:27 PM   #108
skinsfan69
Living Legend

- asked about Denver's tackling Sean Payton says... " I thought we were poor. We're going to face better offenses than that." Seriously f that guy. He is such an arrogant ass. Parcells wanna be.

Plus he's already talking about putting a wristband on Wilson. Didn't Wilson have these issues w/ plays in Seattle?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:29 PM   #109
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

They will face KC and SD twice each, and we aren't on that level, so he's not wrong when he says they will face better offenses.

But yeah - Fuck him.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:30 PM   #110
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

We will be a top 10 Offense this season
Old 09-18-2023, 12:32 PM   #111
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
- asked about Denver's tackling Sean Payton says... " I thought we were poor. We're going to face better offenses than that." Seriously f that guy. He is such an arrogant ass. Parcells wanna be.

Plus he's already talking about putting a wristband on Wilson. Didn't Wilson have these issues w/ plays in Seattle?
Motherfucker would have had 41 points scored against him if Slye made those 2 field goals, fuck that punk!! His comments make him look like the sore loser that he is.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:42 PM   #112
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Payton has always been a baby, dude should have stayed at FOX. He's now 0-2 and they have a tough schedule
Old 09-18-2023, 12:53 PM   #113
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

This thread is hilarious. Lots of bitching after we won a game we had no business winning.

Wait, we had no business winning this game?
Did we have any business going down 21-3 to a crap team? We don’t have Taylor or Carson. No need to even mention them. We have a competent quarterback now. Yes it is absolutely bat shit fantastic that we came back. AND YES it is absolutely bat shit terrible that we got punched in the mouth in the first place! It happened. Lol. Im gonna say it for the last time and than for my own sanity bow out. COMING OUT FLAT AGAINST BAD TEAMS (two weeks in a row) DOES NOT BODE WELL WHEN YOU PLAY THE EAGLES OR BILLS OR COWBOYS OR ANY OF THE GOOD TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE. Jesus Christ. It isn’t negative. It is God damn concerning and we better fucking fix it before next week! And no I don’t hope we get killed so I can say i told you we suck. Lol. I want to win every game! Hence my concern with looking like shit against the Cardinals or Broncos. It is just what it is. Nothing more. Nothing less. We need to fix shit before next week because we are not coming back down 21-3 against real teams!!!!!!!!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 01:00 PM   #114
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Wait, we had no business winning this game?
Did we have any business going down 21-3 to a crap team? We don’t have Taylor or Carson. No need to even mention them. We have a competent quarterback now. Yes it is absolutely bat shit fantastic that we came back. AND YES it is absolutely bat shit terrible that we got punched in the mouth in the first place! It happened. Lol. Im gonna say it for the last time and than for my own sanity bow out. COMING OUT FLAT AGAINST BAD TEAMS (two weeks in a row) DOES NOT BODE WELL WHEN YOU PLAY THE EAGLES OR BILLS OR COWBOYS OR ANY OF THE GOOD TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE. Jesus Christ. It isn’t negative. It is God damn concerning and we better fucking fix it before next week! And no I don’t hope we get killed so I can say i told you we suck. Lol. I want to win every game! Hence my concern with looking like shit against the Cardinals or Broncos. It is just what it is. Nothing more. Nothing less. We need to fix shit before next week because we are not coming back down 21-3 against real teams!!!!!!!!
wow, bro chill it is a game on TV that really has no bearing on your actually life
Old 09-18-2023, 01:09 PM   #115
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Listening to pussy ass broncos fans complain they got robbed by officials is fucking delicious.
I thought it was instant karma that Sutton was the WR that did not catch the 2-pt conversation, given that he was allowed that BS out of bound catch right before the hail mary TD.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 01:53 PM   #116
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I don't get overly down or optimistic after results until they really start counting (playoff implications/games, SB). But ever since the sale I've tried to take an optimistic slant more than not. Feel we have many of the ingredients to make a playoff run (D, SH, EB), I just have big concerns about RR. We need to come hard out of the gate, and for me that's on the HC. Can't come out slow vs Bills, Eagles, Cowboys etc. But after yesterday I'm much more optimistic than last week.

Funnily enough, I'm in NY for 2 weeks (family event/vacation) and hoped to see both games live, but my SiL doesn't have a sports package so had to watch CBS (Bills game) and Gameday Live, so it looked so bad early on that I was fine going out to dinner. The restaurant had the NY games on and I paid little attention. Then they suddenly had the end of our game on after the Jets game finished. I went from disinterested to biting my nails in seconds. 😁

I have Sky in the UK, so tend to only watch the games they show, and/or Redzone. I've not been motivated to pay for Game Pass since it became available in the UK (in addition to Sky sub), because I didn't feel we'd be worth spending the extra to watch. I'm very much minded to look at a sub when I get back to the UK, cost be damned, because it now looks like we're going to be very much worth watching. 😄
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 02:04 PM   #117
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Most definitely room for improvement, but for the 2nd week in a row we found a way to win. It speaks volumes.

This team reminds me of last year's team with two glaring exceptions - Howell and Bieniemy. And what a difference they are making.

We're never gonna be a team that can put together 60 minutes of excellent football every week. But we are a team that isn't going to give up when we go down by 3 scores in a game. And now we have the talent to actually compete when that's the case.

Also before I forget - fuck Kareem Jackson. Rot in hell you fuck. We hear a lot about the NFL being a brotherhood and we see it every week. But this was the 3rd absolute sheisty cheap shot in 2 weeks. Every time that happens the player should be ejected, I don't even care if it's one of our own that does it.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:26 PM   #118
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
wow, bro chill it is a game on TV that really has no bearing on your actually life

What? We are talking about football M. I promise that it doesn’t affect my sleep patterns, appetite, or real life concerns. Thanks though. Lol.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:29 PM   #119
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Most definitely room for improvement, but for the 2nd week in a row we found a way to win. It speaks volumes.

This team reminds me of last year's team with two glaring exceptions - Howell and Bieniemy. And what a difference they are making.

We're never gonna be a team that can put together 60 minutes of excellent football every week. But we are a team that isn't going to give up when we go down by 3 scores in a game. And now we have the talent to actually compete when that's the case.

Also before I forget - fuck Kareem Jackson. Rot in hell you fuck. We hear a lot about the NFL being a brotherhood and we see it every week. But this was the 3rd absolute sheisty cheap shot in 2 weeks. Every time that happens the player should be ejected, I don't even care if it's one of our own that does it.

No team is excellent for 60 minutes every game. But we can’t get as far from excellent as we did early in this one. Next year we will be a lot closer to it. And yes, I totally agree. EB and Sam are thee major reasons why!
Old 09-18-2023, 02:42 PM   #120
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Would anybody here right now take Russ Wilson over Sam Howell?

I thought Russ looked fairly poor. There is no way in hell I’d take Russ over Howell

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote