Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

Why I believe the Redskins will be the first NFL team to win 3 straight Super Bowls

Thread Hell

Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #106
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Why I believe the Redskins will be the first NFL team to win 3 straight Super Bowls

So Davis is a top 5 TE now and Rak is a top 5 OLB? Talk about blind faith. To each his own i guess.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #107
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Why I believe the Redskins will be the first NFL team to win 3 straight Super Bowls

I for one would to thank you Kerrakpo! I find your wisdom and courage an....inspiration.
It is indeed refreshing to have a little....truth in the WP fold!
HTTR
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #108
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Can Monkeydad continue to defend this thread? Its like a bunch of popeyes whacking each other in the head with mallets here.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #109
KERRAKPO9198

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's laughable, not because of who we have or don't have, but because:
- we JUST won our first NFCE title since 1999.
- NO team, regardless of how great it's make up has done it 3 times in a row.
- The makeup of the team as of today is far far different than it will be in 3 years. Players age, move on, and look for money. This year was an anomaly with how many players we kept, and don't think that the FO didn't play the woe is us, and we can't do anything because our cap hands are tied card to the hilt. Some of the players who stayed this year will hit the road next year. Even with our improved cap position.
- We don't even know that Griffin will be able to stay healthy for a full season, let alone 3, and that is indeed a lynchpin to any SB run we may find ourselves in.

But still rather be erring on the side of positive thoughts then negative, I guess.
I had typed up a real nice response to this but when I hit submit I wasn't logged in anymore and lost all I typed. BS. So I'll just quickly sumerize, the Dolphins made 3 straight super bowls in the 70's, the Bills made 4 straight super bowls in the 90's. It is possible for the Skins to win 3 straight. Griffin is a smarter player now and should stay healthy because of it, hopefully. As long as we keep our core nucleus of players intact, and keep drafting well like we have been, our roster should remain talented enough to compete year in and year out for a super bowl.

List of Super Bowl champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Orakpo expects to be ready for OTAs, has not discussed contract

“I would love to be a Redskin for life,” Orakpo said. “That’s my goal. Obviously when I talk to Mr. [owner Daniel] Snyder, he says that’s his goal. Coach [Mike] Shanahan says that’s his goal. As long as both sides take care of our business, that shouldn’t be a problem.”
Old 05-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #110
KERRAKPO9198

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
So Davis is a top 5 TE now and Rak is a top 5 OLB? Talk about blind faith. To each his own i guess.
To be honest I wouldn't trade Orakpo for ANY linebacker in the entire league, not just OLB's but all LB's. That includes, Patrick Willis, Navarrow Bowman, Luke Kuechly, DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Lammar Woodley, James Harrison, etc. etc. I beleive Orakpo is going to be a monster for us now that we will be playing with a lead much more often now because of our high powered offense. Rak has also been working on his pass dropping and run stuffing, I fully expect to see him shine bright as our star pass rusher next season for our defense.
Fred Davis is a top 5 TE IMO and will prove it next season.

1. Rob Gronkowski
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Tony Gonzalez
4. Jason Witten
5. Fred Davis / Vernon Davis

Last edited by KERRAKPO9198; 05-06-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #111
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Do u really believe Orakpo is better than Von Miller or DWare? Have u seen the national football league before?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #112
KERRAKPO9198

To the posters rejecting the thought of the Redskins possibly winning 3 straight super bowls... I'll let Jack Nicholson sum it up for me.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #113
KERRAKPO9198

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Do u really believe Orakpo is better than Von Miller or DWare? Have u seen the national football league before?
Miller and DWare are overrated, D Ware got a lot of sacks because of the scheme he played in at Dallas, now that he is a 4-3 DE, his numbers are going to go down. He is also going to be 31 years old on July 31 which is coincidentally the same birthay that Orakpo has , although I'm sure he still has several years left of productivity in him, I beleive Orakpo is stronger than Ware and will be better against the run than Ware is. I also believe he could amount to the the pass rusher that Ware is now that he is acclimated with this scheme and has been diversifying his pass rush arsenal. As far as Von Miller, Orakpo is bigger, stronger, and just about as fast as Miller. Rak is better against the run than Miller and I expect will be every bit the pass rusher starting next season. I have big expectations for Rak and I don't think he will let me down.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #114
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRAKPO9198 View Post
To be honest I wouldn't trade Orakpo for ANY linebacker in the entire league, not just OLB's but all LB's. That includes, Patrick Willis, Navarrow Bowman, Luke Kuechly, DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Lammar Woodley, James Harrison, etc. etc. I beleive Orakpo is going to be a monster for us now that we will be playing with a lead much more often now because of our high powered offense. Rak has also been working on his pass dropping and run stuffing, I fully expect to see him shine bright as our star pass rusher next season for our defense. The Manhattans - Shinning Star - YouTube

Fred Davis is a top 5 TE IMO and will prove it next season.

1. Rob Gronkowski
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Tony Gonzalez
4. Jason Witten
5. Fred Davis / Vernon Davis
And that is beyond insane. Also, aren't you forgetting Aaron Hernandez, Antonio Gates, Dennis Pitta, Heath Miller. All those guys right now I would take over Fred Davis. Please man, take the blinders off.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #115
KERRAKPO9198

Quote:
And that is beyond insane. Also, aren't you forgetting Aaron Hernandez, Antonio Gates, Dennis Pitta, Heath Miller. All those guys right now I would take over Fred Davis. Please man, take the blinders off.
Not insane at all, Orakpo is a beast. As far as Fred, all those guys are good, but Davis is better than all of the above players you have mentioned, Antonio Gates of course in his prime was better, but that time has passed.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #116
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
You left out Gronk.

I'd take Gronk over Davis in a heartbeat.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #117
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
You left out Gronk.

I'd take Gronk over Davis in a heartbeat.
He said Gronk, so I didnt have to mention him. He has lost his mind obviously. There is no way right now that Rak is better than Ware or Miller. And Rak is not just as fast at Miller.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #118
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Quote:
Ya ya.... Next you guys will be saying our top 5 LB hasn't played in a year, and our top 5 TE didn't get a single offer in free agency except a Buffalo smokescreen.

Take your debbie downer crap to the goat farm please. Don't you bring that weak tot action to this thread!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #119
KERRAKPO9198

Quote:
He said Gronk, so I didnt have to mention him. He has lost his mind obviously. There is no way right now that Rak is better than Ware or Miller. And Rak is not just as fast at Miller.
I said he is almost as fast as Miller, but bigger and stronger. Here you can compare their combine numbers in the links below, Orakpo is stronger, can jump higher, jump further, and is bigger than Miller. Rak is a physical freak for his size, not quite Julius Peppers freakish, but freakish.

Brian Orakpo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Von Miller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #120
KERRAKPO9198

Rak!

Sports Center profiles Texas Longhorns DE Brian Orakpo - YouTube