The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-03-2022, 04:22 PM   #1156
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think the discussion remains "when does life begin", but yes, now it is a state issue again - as it should be. It has nothing to do with a purported cultural war or Christian nationalists.
But States have proved they can't handle it .

Advertisements
Old 08-03-2022, 04:25 PM   #1157
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Oh yeah, which ones?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:57 PM   #1158
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Oh yeah, which ones?
Off the top of my head - Texas.

Because this story is not totally unique - now if you are pregnant in Texas and an event happens which basically guarantees the fetus is not going to survive long enough to make it out of the womb - the doctors have to wait until the woman's life is at risk (and the fetal heartbeat is all but lost) before they can terminate the pregnancy. Make it make sense.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:06 PM   #1159
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
I think the discussion remains "when does life begin", but yes, now it is a state issue again - as it should be. It has nothing to do with a purported cultural war or Christian nationalists.
It has EVERYTHING to do with christians pushing their religious beliefs onto all Americans.

There is zero point talking with you or anyone if you arent going to admit that the SCOTUS decision wasnt religious. Justice barrett talks in freaking tongues for fucks sake ....

Fuck christian nationalists and and anyone trying to play the "both sides" card
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 08:22 PM   #1160
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Vin Scully, say it again for all the commies in the da back!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:07 AM   #1161
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
It has EVERYTHING to do with christians pushing their religious beliefs onto all Americans.

There is zero point talking with you or anyone if you arent going to admit that the SCOTUS decision wasnt religious. Justice barrett talks in freaking tongues for fucks sake ....

Fuck christian nationalists and and anyone trying to play the "both sides" card
Well, the majority of Americans identify themselves as Christians....so....
Old 08-04-2022, 03:29 AM   #1162
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Fuck Christian nationalists and and anyone trying to play the "both sides" card
We're still one of only 6 countries in the world where it is legal to abort a healthy fetus from a healthy mother at anytime during pregnancy. Most of the 189 other countries aren't Christian, so the desire to regulate abortion is not strictly a Christian thing. The Supreme Court made the right decision. Even Ginsburg said Roe was a poorly decided case (that should have been a strong hint to Dems that they needed to pass legislation if they wanted to keep what Roe allowed (even as reprehensible as it was) through out the entire country).

How about this deal? Congress passes a bill that allows for abortions up to 15 weeks, but after 15 weeks 2-3 Drs have to sign off on an abortion affirming that it was to save the life of the mother. Essentially 98% of pre Dobbs abortions would be legal and less than 2% would come under strict regulation. That would put us in-line with what is acceptable in most of the rest of the world.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 01:50 PM   #1163
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
We're still one of only 6 countries in the world where it is legal to abort a healthy fetus from a healthy mother at anytime during pregnancy. Most of the 189 other countries aren't Christian, so the desire to regulate abortion is not strictly a Christian thing. The Supreme Court made the right decision. Even Ginsburg said Roe was a poorly decided case (that should have been a strong hint to Dems that they needed to pass legislation if they wanted to keep what Roe allowed (even as reprehensible as it was) through out the entire country).

How about this deal? Congress passes a bill that allows for abortions up to 15 weeks, but after 15 weeks 2-3 Drs have to sign off on an abortion affirming that it was to save the life of the mother. Essentially 98% of pre Dobbs abortions would be legal and less than 2% would come under strict regulation. That would put us in-line with what is acceptable in most of the rest of the world.
Yes, that seems like a reasonable proposal to balancing when does the persons personal medical choices become something more than their own personal medical choices.

How about the justices on the SC dont let their personal religious convictions effect their legal rulings? They said Roe is "super precedent", conservatives laughed and assured us roe wouldnt be overturned and in less than 2 years .. Roe is overturned based not on constitutional or legal interpretation but 6 justices personal religious beliefs.

Ive never been more down on my country. I stand up in bars and restaurants when the national anthem is played on tv for sports games, i used to fly and american flag out front of my house, have an american flag car sticker.

Now .. fuck America. Fuck the religious conservatives and fuck anyone who tries to do "whataboutism" or "both sides ism"

Fuck america .. I dont think I stand for the national anthem any time soon

America is dead. now its an extreme pissing match where presidential campaign announcements are ..

["MAJOR announcement tomorrow morning from @GovRonDeSantis. Prepare for the liberal media meltdown of the year," Pushaw wrote. "Everyone get some rest tonight."]

Not whats best for our country .. but elect me and ill make liberals cry.

Fuck this country
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:19 PM   #1164
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes, that seems like a reasonable proposal to balancing when does the persons personal medical choices become something more than their own personal medical choices.

How about the justices on the SC dont let their personal religious convictions effect their legal rulings? They said Roe is "super precedent", conservatives laughed and assured us roe wouldnt be overturned and in less than 2 years .. Roe is overturned based not on constitutional or legal interpretation but 6 justices personal religious beliefs.

Ive never been more down on my country. I stand up in bars and restaurants when the national anthem is played on tv for sports games, i used to fly and american flag out front of my house, have an american flag car sticker.

Now .. fuck America. Fuck the religious conservatives and fuck anyone who tries to do "whataboutism" or "both sides ism"

Fuck america .. I dont think I stand for the national anthem any time soon

America is dead. now its an extreme pissing match where presidential campaign announcements are ..

["MAJOR announcement tomorrow morning from @GovRonDeSantis. Prepare for the liberal media meltdown of the year," Pushaw wrote. "Everyone get some rest tonight."]

Not whats best for our country .. but elect me and ill make liberals cry.

Fuck this country
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:25 PM   #1165
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sunnyside is mad at republicans because he knows how piss poor Biden and the democrat congress have literally run the country into the ground. He knows there are no excuses to lob, so it’s fuck this entire country.

Sunnyside…. you, me and Mooby are going to the 2nd Trump inauguration and eating a bunch of shrooms. Put it on the calendar. We will get through this and prevail

He Gets Us
Old 08-04-2022, 03:24 PM   #1166
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sunnyside is mad at republicans because he knows how piss poor Biden and the democrat congress have literally run the country into the ground. He knows there are no excuses to lob, so it’s fuck this entire country.

Sunnyside…. you, me and Mooby are going to the 2nd Trump inauguration and eating a bunch of shrooms. Put it on the calendar. We will get through this and prevail
STFU
Old 08-04-2022, 05:03 PM   #1167
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Damn I heard Brittney Griner just signed a 9 year deal over in Russia. Congrats!

He Gets Us
Old 08-04-2022, 05:13 PM   #1168
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Damn I heard Brittney Griner just signed a 9 year deal over in Russia. Congrats!
Too soon maybe...

The sentence is BS though, but I think everyone knew it was coming.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #1169
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Too soon maybe...

The sentence is BS though, but I think everyone knew it was coming.
Total bullshit, she should be released today. “Drug smuggling”…for a single gram of whatever type of cannabis vape? It’s all political unfortunately

He Gets Us
Old 08-04-2022, 06:19 PM   #1170
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You think that Woman's life is a fucking joke???You're a fucking moron.