The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-03-2022, 04:59 AM   #1141
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
So, make it more complex. How is he wrong exactly. Please explain. I'm not saying YOU are wrong for saying that, but that is a fairly inadequate argument you laid out there.
#1136 , as I have stated many times before I laid my point and gave a link to the place I got my facts to show what I said is factual and not "alternative facts", he did not.

Advertisements
Old 08-03-2022, 06:57 AM   #1142
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
#1136 , as I have stated many times before I laid my point and gave a link to the place I got my facts to show what I said is factual and not "alternative facts", he did not.
Bro, your source is bill gates funded, liberal org attempting to gaslight the facts

Even from your own source:

In his 2014 memoir, Duty, then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates wrote that he and Biden were “the two primary skeptics” of the raid during national security team meetings that were held in March and April 2011 to debate whether to strike the compound. Gates wrote that “Biden’s primary concern was the political consequences of failure.”

During the fateful meeting in question on April 28, 2011, Gates said “Biden was against the operation.”

Obama stated it previously, Biden told him not to go.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:30 AM   #1143
MTK
\m/

So the PACT act finally passes... really don't understand why veterans having healthcare is an issue in the first place. Should be a no brainer. If you serve you should be taken care of. No excuses. They way vets are jerked around is just so wrong. Why the hell are burn pits even a thing? Not only do they make people sick but they sound like ecological disasters courtesy of our military.

Same deal with 9/11 first responders, the fact they've had to fight for benefits is just criminal.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:13 AM   #1144
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
So the PACT act finally passes... really don't understand why veterans having healthcare is an issue in the first place. Should be a no brainer. If you serve you should be taken care of. No excuses. They way vets are jerked around is just so wrong. Why the hell are burn pits even a thing? Not only do they make people sick but they sound like ecological disasters courtesy of our military.

Same deal with 9/11 first responders, the fact they've had to fight for benefits is just criminal.
Burn pits are not as prevalent anymore. I'm pretty sure for the most part we have discontinued using them, except in cases where there is really no feasible alternative to dispose of waste. I don't think we knew the future health consequences that would develop from the use of burn pits back then. We had to get rid of our waste. There was no landfill to bring it to, or septic system in the middle of the desert. Burning it, at the time, seemed like the best course of action. Obviously, in hindsight it was a dumb idea.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:30 AM   #1145
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Burn pits are not as prevalent anymore. I'm pretty sure for the most part we have discontinued using them, except in cases where there is really no feasible alternative to dispose of waste. I don't think we knew the future health consequences that would develop from the use of burn pits back then. We had to get rid of our waste. There was no landfill to bring it to, or septic system in the middle of the desert. Burning it, at the time, seemed like the best course of action. Obviously, in hindsight it was a dumb idea.
Who would have thought throwing jet fuel on human waste and other toxic materials would get people sick? I know, humans have done tons of dumb things over the course of time that looking back now just look insane. Though I'm sure this won't prevent more dumb things from going down in the future. At least now vets will get the health coverage they deserve.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:50 AM   #1146
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Kansas, not a liberal stronghold, voted to keep abortion legal.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kan...ulate-abortion
Maybe a sign the SC overreached and people are pissed? Should Republicans be worried? We'll know more in the coming months. Pretty resounding statement by Kansas voters that's for sure.

A losing anti-abortion referendum in Kansas cranked up voter turnout by a staggering amount, flagging a massive new problem for Republicans
Old 08-03-2022, 11:15 AM   #1147
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I love the 10th amendment, whether people in X state vote the way I would prefer or not on any given issue.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:23 AM   #1148
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Bro, your source is bill gates funded, liberal org attempting to gaslight the facts

In his 2014 memoir, Duty, then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates wrote that he and Biden were “the two primary skeptics” of the raid during national security team meetings that were held in March and April 2011 to debate whether to strike the compound. Gates wrote that “Biden’s primary concern was the political consequences of failure.”

During the fateful meeting in question on April 28, 2011, Gates said “Biden was against the operation.”

chico, again I will give you more attention then you deserve . You're wrong.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:47 AM   #1149
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I love the 10th amendment, whether people in X state vote the way I would prefer or not on any given issue.
Agreed.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

I don't see the KS vote as a sign that the Supreme Court "overreached". It's just the opposite. The Supreme Court gave the power back to the states, and the people of KS voted against the regulation of abortion. This is exactly how it is supposed to work.
Old 08-03-2022, 12:20 PM   #1150
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Agreed.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

I don't see the KS vote as a sign that the Supreme Court "overreached". It's just the opposite. The Supreme Court gave the power back to the states, and the people of KS voted against the regulation of abortion. This is exactly how it is supposed to work.
Let's rephrase this - the Supreme Court took the power out of the hands of individual women and gave it to the states.
Old 08-03-2022, 12:25 PM   #1151
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

This entire argument strikes me as dumb as fuck. You guys want things to be so black and white.

Why couldn't Joe Biden be against the plan in the beginning and then gradually be persuaded it was for the best (or at least his mind was changed when he realized it was gonna happen with or without his approval)?

Obviously Obama came out and said Biden was against it. But that doesn't mean the night of the raid Biden was pouting in the corner - who's to say he wasn't swayed by the argument that a 60% shot of killing Bin Laden was the best odds they're ever gonna get?

Sometimes it feels like you guys forget you're talking about people, where opinions and feelings can change by the minute. Or maybe you forget because these are career politicians in a political climate where both sides are very dug in - having an open mind means being open to new ideas and your stance changing when new info comes available.
Old 08-03-2022, 12:26 PM   #1152
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Let's rephrase this - the Supreme Court took the power out of the hands of individual women and gave it to the states.
Let's not. I like mine better.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:58 PM   #1153
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Agreed.

Slippery slope.

Personal medical procedures are the very core of individual life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Before the SCOTUS went political, the discussion was "when does life begin".

Now its a states rights issue? This was an absurd power grab by republicans and now the SCOTUS is just a means to pass christian based laws that they coundt get passed in legislation.

Fuck christian nationalists ... they put the nail in the coffin of this country.

I hate what the SCOTUS has become .. I hate the non stop cultural war being pushed by conservatives the past 10 years.

We are divided more than ever and its isnt some "both sides" thing neo conservatives would love to have everyone believe. This country is fucked.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:30 PM   #1154
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Slippery slope.

Personal medical procedures are the very core of individual life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Now its a states rights issue? This was an absurd power grab by republicans and now the SCOTUS is just a means to pass christian based laws that they coundt get passed in legislation.

Fuck christian nationalists ... they put the nail in the coffin of this country.

I hate what the SCOTUS has become .. I hate the non stop cultural war being pushed by conservatives the past 10 years.

We are divided more than ever and its isnt some "both sides" thing neo conservatives would love to have everyone believe. This country is fucked.
You don’t recognize that Democrats have moved on the Abortion issue from “safe legal rare” to “abortion on demand up moment of birth”?

Boy, slippery slopes indeed.

Next you will tell me a Supreme Court Justice can’t define a woman because she’s not a biologist or men can have babies. Please with the gop culture war…the left been certainly been doing the same

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:51 PM   #1155
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Slippery slope.

I think the discussion remains "when does life begin", but yes, now it is a state issue again - as it should be. It has nothing to do with a purported cultural war or Christian nationalists.