Living Legend

Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2024, 10:46 AM   #1142
EdmundDorf
The Starter

If you listen to his reply it could equally point to Maye. Deep ball accuracy was one of the points he mentioned. I think all three QBs are going to be good, I just don't want them to pick one based on a fit with "this years scheme", it should be the best QB regardless of scheme.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 11:01 AM   #1143
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just don’t move up and lose draft picks. If you get a guy and he sucks, swing again next year with another pick on a QB.

I think the Trey Lance and Brock Purdy experience lessons matter to Peters.

Why move up for a gamble like Lance? Even if it’s one spot you impact a roster that’s in much more dire need of talent. And you got a starter the next year in Purdy late in the draft. It can be done.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 11:08 AM   #1144
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
If you listen to his reply it could equally point to Maye. Deep ball accuracy was one of the points he mentioned. I think all three QBs are going to be good, I just don't want them to pick one based on a fit with "this years scheme", it should be the best QB regardless of scheme.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Kliff will interview for head coach position if our offense plays well this year and/or next year, so Quinn must make sure that we create a system that ensures all players are in the position to play well regardless of who the coordinators are. Quinn actually mentioned this part in one of his media presses, he said he learned this lesson when Kyle left Falcons to become head coach for 49ers and Quinn allowed Kyle's assistants to follow Kyle to 49ers and hired a new offense coordinator who wanted to install a new offense system, this move ended up making things difficult for the offense players.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 04:22 PM   #1145
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think they're going to be perfectly happy with taking Daniels at #2.

As should we all be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2024, 09:44 PM   #1146
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

https://sports.yahoo.com/jayden-dani...021631977.html

I see RG3 part 2. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, IF he knows how to protect himself. But in the limited watching that I did, I never saw him slide. And I saw him take a hit exactly like the one that knocked RG3 out.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 07:09 AM   #1147
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Maye been getting some bad press of late:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj_z3rm3lhg&t=732s

i almost have it in my head from everything i have read/listen

daniels/williams/maye that order
Old 02-29-2024, 07:41 AM   #1148
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

I see RG3 part 2. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, IF he knows how to protect himself. But in the limited watching that I did, I never saw him slide. And I saw him take a hit exactly like the one that knocked RG3 out.
This is exactly what I’ve been warning about. The kid is a heck of an athlete. I’m increasingly concerned that he is not an NFL QB.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:03 AM   #1149
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Agree but with the knowledge of hindsight could RG3 been better managed and could he had become a Lamar type QB.

When it was all clicking and they rotated in Kirk at times as the true pocket passer guy, man that was awesome. Imagine JD and SH in that one two combo

I much rather roll the dice on RG3 2.0 then SH 2.0 (Maye); we already got SH 1.0 and he is still under warranty
Old 02-29-2024, 08:32 AM   #1150
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
This is exactly what I’ve been warning about. The kid is a heck of an athlete. I’m increasingly concerned that he is not an NFL QB.
High scramble rate and doesn’t throw between the numbers in the field are flashing bad signs. The reason he not throwing middle of field is because he can’t.

In college you can get away with it, not gonna work in the nfl

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 09:12 AM   #1151
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:

The thing is, none of the people making this QB decision was here for RG3...so they don't have those memories to make the comparison like we all do. He did take a lot of hits, same as RG3...and so it makes me think that it's going to be hard to coach that out of him too...again like RG3. He's just so thin...and those 2 things combined are my concerns with him. Just look at the Bengals, as good as Burrow is when he plays, he's been often injured so already a couple of lost seasons because of that. It's a big factor.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 09:33 AM   #1152
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Less than 2 months until we take another 1st round swing at QB1. RG3 didn't workout for us, so the 50/50 odds say this time should be our gold-strike.

I want Daniels, but it's like 60/40, where I won't be throwing my remote if Maye is the choice.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 10:00 AM   #1153
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
The thing is, none of the people making this QB decision was here for RG3...so they don't have those memories to make the comparison like we all do. He did take a lot of hits, same as RG3...and so it makes me think that it's going to be hard to coach that out of him too...again like RG3. He's just so thin...and those 2 things combined are my concerns with him. Just look at the Bengals, as good as Burrow is when he plays, he's been often injured so already a couple of lost seasons because of that. It's a big factor.
Bro, come on

there is film on RG3 and i am sure a ton of paperwork at Commanders Park ; they have more insight then a commanders form filled with Monday morning QBs

But i do agree injury is a major factor to consider ; even Lamar has had his shorten seasons
Old 02-29-2024, 10:08 AM   #1154
Defensewins
Playmaker

Jayden Daniels - I get the RGIII comparisons.
One difference I see is RGIII tore his right knee ACL in his sophomore year in college. That same knee in week 14 of his NFL rookie year was reinjured by Ravens Haloti Ngata, causing RGIII to miss next game. His knee was comprised, ending in the ACL, LCL and meniscus tear in Seahawks game a few weeks later. That right knee ended his career because his scrambling and confidence were eroded.
By comparison Jayden Daniels’ wheels are good. He has had no major injury in college.
Jayden escaped college football relatively intact. I like that. He is my favorite of the three QB’s at the top of this draft. I do like the other two.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 10:13 AM   #1155
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Bro, come on

there is film on RG3 and i am sure a ton of paperwork at Commanders Park ; they have more insight then a commanders form filled with Monday morning QBs

But i do agree injury is a major factor to consider ; even Lamar has had his shorten seasons
I just meant that it's easy for US to make that comparison to RG3 because we all lived every play of his career...they didn't, and why would they look back at that.

Maybe much more concerning is that Josh Harris is sitting in on all the QB interviews at the combine...if that doesn't sound like Snyder, I don't know what does. Hopefully he just wants to see how the process all works because he's just curious.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote