The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-01-2022, 07:46 AM   #1126
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Again you make the assumption I give two shits! I respect those two posters and what they bring to the threads. Here is the thing, I don't agree with their take sometimes as they don't agree with mine, not everyone gets along and that is ok. Yet the ignorance that chico and a few of you show towards America is mind boggling yet I can cross that off as trump sheep but don't let my attitude towards chico be misconstrued. He stepped over the line and made this personal years ago, I honestly don't give a shit how you feel about it.

P.S.
I don't drag others into my post as you seem to be trying to do, act like a big boy.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-01-2022, 07:54 AM   #1127
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I’ve been rewatching Seinfeld lately…still the best comedy ever on TV

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:34 AM   #1128
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’ve been rewatching Seinfeld lately…still the best comedy ever on TV
There are very few situations in life that don't remind me of something in Chappelle's Show or Seinfeld.

I record Seinfeld whenever I come across them. I have HBO Max now, and Chappelle's Show is on there. Finishing up Curb Your Enthusiasm. East Bound & Down and Chappelle's Show are next on the comedy schedule.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:37 AM   #1129
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems post #1122 fits in here.

Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker

The answer is no - Attacks & memes, but very little substance
Old 08-01-2022, 08:42 AM   #1130
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It’s not up for debate, 400 billion in spending is confirmed by the CBO…when Jon Stewart was press about the fact, he changed subjects.

It’s laughable at the dishonesty this point. Just remove the unrelated spending and the bill gets passed.
No he didn't again you make up "alternative facts " to justify your lie.

Jon Stewart has always maintain the money was in the bill the 400 billion has always been "mandatory spending". First it was they added this , then it was well they moved this, both are lies. Again the republicans voted for this exact bill before.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:44 PM   #1131
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems post #1122 fits in here.

Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker

The answer is no - Attacks & memes, but very little substance
Happy to help.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:37 AM   #1132
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
There are very few situations in life that don't remind me of something in Chappelle's Show or Seinfeld.

I record Seinfeld whenever I come across them. I have HBO Max now, and Chappelle's Show is on there. Finishing up Curb Your Enthusiasm. East Bound & Down and Chappelle's Show are next on the comedy schedule.
If you like east bound and down (which is amazing) check out Vice Principals which ran a couple years later. Also, Veep is another HBO comedy gold which is relevant today with Kamala Harris

You have never seen Chappelle show? Dude u gotta get on that. I was rewatching episodes of Boondocks last night. I wonder if both could be made today with these loser culture generation wanting censor comedy?

He Gets Us
Old 08-02-2022, 09:00 AM   #1133
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump never wanted to take out top al-Qaeda target al-Zawahiri because he didn't recognize his name: report

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7eed4e7f88867f

President Joe Biden announced that the U.S. killed top al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, who served as Osama bin Laden's No. 2 in the ongoing attacks on the United States. But according to an NBC report from 2020, former President Donald Trump had an opportunity to do the same, but refused because he didn't recognize al-Zawahiri's name.

Reporting in early 2020, NBC News reported that intelligence officials briefed then-President Trump many times about the most worrisome terrorist threats, specifically mentioning al-Zawahri.

Trump would ultimately agree to take out ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Yemeni al Qaeda chief Qasim al-Rimi. But other of the significant names on the CIA's list were ignored.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/donald...-9-11-at-golf/

Donald Trump says ‘nobody’s gotten to the bottom of 9/11’ at Saudi-backed tournament

Former President Donald Trump defended hosting the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Series at his Bedminster, NJ course on Thursday, brushing off criticism from families of 9/11 victims by saying “nobody’s gotten to the bottom” of the 2001 terrorist attacks.

With families set to protest the event on Friday, ESPN pressed the 45th president for a response to the controversy.

“Well, nobody’s gotten to the bottom of 9/11, unfortunately, and they should have as to the maniacs that did that horrible thing to our city, to our country, to our world,” Trump said. “So nobody’s really been there.”

The former president then attempted to put a positive spin on the event, saying, “there are a lot of really great people that are out here today, and we’re gonna have a lot of fun.”
Old 08-02-2022, 09:09 AM   #1134
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
If you like east bound and down (which is amazing) check out Vice Principals which ran a couple years later. Also, Veep is another HBO comedy gold which is relevant today with Kamala Harris

You have never seen Chappelle show? Dude u gotta get on that. I was rewatching episodes of Boondocks last night. I wonder if both could be made today with these loser culture generation wanting censor comedy?
I've seen every episode multiple times over, but I still want to re-watch the series from start to finish.

I don't think it would be on today. He even said he was surprised back then, that it was on. I don't even watch any new shows on cable anymore. Basically only have cable for sports and re-runs of shows like Seinfeld, Married with Children, etc. Anything else is a streaming show. New shows now are lame. Everything is a touchy subject nowadays, so it's hard to be funny anymore.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #1135
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Trump never wanted to take out top al-Qaeda target al-Zawahiri because he didn't recognize his name: report

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7eed4e7f88867f

President Joe Biden announced that the U.S. killed top al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, who served as Osama bin Laden's No. 2 in the ongoing attacks on the United States. But according to an NBC report from 2020, former President Donald Trump had an opportunity to do the same, but refused because he didn't recognize al-Zawahiri's name.

Reporting in early 2020, NBC News reported that intelligence officials briefed then-President Trump many times about the most worrisome terrorist threats, specifically mentioning al-Zawahri.

Trump would ultimately agree to take out ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Yemeni al Qaeda chief Qasim al-Rimi. But other of the significant names on the CIA's list were ignored.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/donald...-9-11-at-golf/

Donald Trump says ‘nobody’s gotten to the bottom of 9/11’ at Saudi-backed tournament

Former President Donald Trump defended hosting the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Series at his Bedminster, NJ course on Thursday, brushing off criticism from families of 9/11 victims by saying “nobody’s gotten to the bottom” of the 2001 terrorist attacks.

With families set to protest the event on Friday, ESPN pressed the 45th president for a response to the controversy.

“Well, nobody’s gotten to the bottom of 9/11, unfortunately, and they should have as to the maniacs that did that horrible thing to our city, to our country, to our world,” Trump said. “So nobody’s really been there.”

The former president then attempted to put a positive spin on the event, saying, “there are a lot of really great people that are out here today, and we’re gonna have a lot of fun.”
Remember, Joe Biden advised Obama not to go on the raid that got Islamic terrorist bin laden

He Gets Us
Old 08-02-2022, 10:11 AM   #1136
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Remember, Joe Biden advised Obama not to go on the raid that got Islamic terrorist bin laden
chico, you're such a fool.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/bi...in-laden-raid/

Questioned by a Fox News reporter, former Vice President Joe Biden denied that he told then-President Barack Obama “not to go after [Osama] bin Laden” in what turned out to be a successful mission to kill the 9/11 mastermind. The Republican National Committee immediately called it “an instance of Biden flat out lying.”

We wouldn’t go that far, but Biden wasn’t giving the whole story.

In his initial recounting of the events leading up to bin Laden’s death on May 2, 2011, Biden portrayed Obama as a decisive leader who decided to move forward with the daring raid over the vice president’s advice. In the mid-2011 and early 2012, Biden recounted how he advised Obama during a national security strategy meeting in April 2011 to wait for further confirmation that bin Laden was actually in the compound in Pakistan before acting. That’s the version being seized upon by the GOP as a contradiction of Biden’s recent denial that he advised Obama not to go after bin Laden.

But Biden also — months later and ever since — claimed that in a one-on-one meeting with Obama immediately after the security council meeting, he told the president to “follow your instincts,” knowing that the president was inclined at that time to move forward with the raid.
Old 08-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #1137
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not the whole story? Bro, this is common knowledge and even by Obama said Joe said it…you trying to recast and gaslight using fake fact check ain’t helping.

Try again, here even Obama states Joe told him not to go:

In 2012 Biden said he told Obama not to launch raid on compound
In January 2012 at a Democratic congressional retreat, Biden recounted how Obama asked senior officials whether they should go ahead with the raid. Everyone in the room "hedged their bet" except CIA Director Leon Panetta, who said "go."

"Mr. President, my suggestion is, don't go," Biden recounted. "‘We have to do two more things to see if he's there." (He did not explain what the two additional things were at the time.)

(When a reporter asked White House spokesman Jay Carney in 2012 about Biden’s comments stating he was against the raid, Carney said: "I know that he is speaking accurately.")

In May 2012 on NBC’s Meet the Press, Biden said he told Obama "follow your instincts."

"I wanted him to take one more day to do one more test to see if he was there," Biden said.

Obama’s statement during a debate in 2012 supported the idea that Biden was critical about the raid proposal. Obama said that "even some in my own party, including my current vice president," critiqued the proposed raid.

He Gets Us
Old 08-02-2022, 04:25 PM   #1138
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not the whole story? Bro, this is common knowledge and even by Obama said Joe said it…you trying to recast and gaslight using fake fact check ain’t helping.

Try again, here even Obama states Joe told him not to go:

In 2012 Biden said he told Obama not to launch raid on compound
In January 2012 at a Democratic congressional retreat, Biden recounted how Obama asked senior officials whether they should go ahead with the raid. Everyone in the room "hedged their bet" except CIA Director Leon Panetta, who said "go."

"Mr. President, my suggestion is, don't go," Biden recounted. "‘We have to do two more things to see if he's there." (He did not explain what the two additional things were at the time.)

(When a reporter asked White House spokesman Jay Carney in 2012 about Biden’s comments stating he was against the raid, Carney said: "I know that he is speaking accurately.")

In May 2012 on NBC’s Meet the Press, Biden said he told Obama "follow your instincts."

"I wanted him to take one more day to do one more test to see if he was there," Biden said.

Obama’s statement during a debate in 2012 supported the idea that Biden was critical about the raid proposal. Obama said that "even some in my own party, including my current vice president," critiqued the proposed raid.
trumpette to the end chico, simply put , you're wrong.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:08 PM   #1139
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
trumpette to the end chico, simply put , you're wrong.
So, make it more complex. How is he wrong exactly. Please explain. I'm not saying YOU are wrong for saying that, but that is a fairly inadequate argument you laid out there.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:02 AM   #1140
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If only it were that easy

Supreme Court Throws Abortion to an Unlevel State Playing Field
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade shifted the abortion fight to state legislatures, where gerrymandering has given Republicans an advantage.
Kansas, not a liberal stronghold, voted to keep abortion legal.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kan...ulate-abortion
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote