Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-08-2018, 01:57 PM   #1126
dmek25
MVP

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

and thats exactly what should have happened with obama care. the GOP trashed it for around 6-8 years. when the time came, they had no alternative. now they are slowly stripping it of its guts. why didnt it just get amended? leave the good, and replace the bad? seems like they just want to erase obama from history? i long for the days when govt worked for we, the people. instead of party first. and both sides are guilty of that

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #1127
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
and thats exactly what should have happened with obama care. the GOP trashed it for around 6-8 years. when the time came, they had no alternative. now they are slowly stripping it of its guts. why didnt it just get amended? leave the good, and replace the bad? seems like they just want to erase obama from history? i long for the days when govt worked for we, the people. instead of party first. and both sides are guilty of that
I agree.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #1128
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I really expected the Republicans to repeal it, put some other system in place that was still out of whack, and then finally both sides to come together to find a rational plan. Instead, the Republicans were too weak kneed to put the legislation out that their supporters wanted, and now we have this boondoggle where both sides blame the other - which gets votes, but doesn't make things better. It's sad.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #1129
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This , +1
Old 08-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #1130
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Gallup
Old 08-08-2018, 08:47 PM   #1131
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I am sure these people are happy..............

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...223207045.html
Old 08-08-2018, 08:48 PM   #1132
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Gallup
Love how the trumpetts only use polls that they think will help them (and they don't)
Old 08-08-2018, 09:12 PM   #1133
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Love how the trumpetts only use polls that they think will help them (and they don't)
I don't think that poll is meant to help, it's just a snapshot that I thought was interesting in the layout of the country. There's an old term - flyover country, and that really describes the split in the country real well.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:56 PM   #1134
Schneed10
A Dude

Texas is among the lowest approval rates of Trump?? Wha?
Old 08-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #1135
MTK
\m/

lol

Trump reportedly tries to call world leaders at odd hours and has to be reminded of different time zones on a 'constant basis'
Old 08-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #1136
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

The division of the country between red/blue is really demonstrated when the 2016 election results are broken down by county. Essentially, rural America voted for Trump and urban America voted Clinton (an oversimplification, but not by too much).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...County.svg.png

Other interesting facts about how geography and demographics play a part in the election:
- Right now, eight states have half the US population.
- If you remove California from the results, Trump won the popular vote.
- If you remove California & New York from the results, Trump won the popular vote by about 4 million voters.

Obviously you can't simply not count certain states but it does demonstrate the concentration of liberal voters in certain areas and vice versa for conservatives.

Just interesting to me, not suggesting anything in particular by it except that there is a real communication break down between urban and rural voters in the US.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:01 PM   #1137
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
The division of the country between red/blue is really demonstrated when the 2016 election results are broken down by county. Essentially, rural America voted for Trump and urban America voted Clinton (an oversimplification, but not by too much).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...County.svg.png

Other interesting facts about how geography and demographics play a part in the election:
- Right now, eight states have half the US population.
- If you remove California from the results, Trump won the popular vote.
- If you remove California & New York from the results, Trump won the popular vote by about 4 million voters.

Obviously you can't simply not count certain states but it does demonstrate the concentration of liberal voters in certain areas and vice versa for conservatives.

Just interesting to me, not suggesting anything in particular by it except that there is a real communication break down between urban and rural voters in the US.
One person, one vote.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #1138
Giantone
Gamebreaker

It never surprise's me and that is a shame ....it should.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-...rss&yptr=yahoo

White House: It’s in ‘Public Interest’ for Staff to Skirt Ethics Rules to Meet With Fox News

It is “in the public interest” for a the White House's top communicator to be excused from federal ethics laws so he can meet with Fox News, according to President Donald Trump’s top lawyer. Bill Shine, Trump’s newly minted communications director, and Larry Kudlow, the White House’s top economist, who worked at CNBC before his White House post, have both been excused from provisions of the law, which seeks to prevent administration officials from advancing the financial interests of relatives or former employers. “The Administration has an interest in you interacting with Covered Organizations such as Fox News,” wrote White House counsel Don McGahn in a July 13 memo granting an ethics waivers to Shine, a former Fox executive. ..
Old 08-14-2018, 10:52 AM   #1139
Giantone
Gamebreaker

A Great Read and sadly a long one.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...andals/522468/
Old 08-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #1140
Giantone
Gamebreaker

It would be poetic justice if it is Omerosa that brings down trump.

Is trump a racist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkBBNU8c-xU