The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-29-2022, 01:36 PM   #1096
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, how the hell do you represent the majority??? Thank you for your service (seriously) but screw you on your constant Dem this and Dem that. You and chico won't admit the republican party is the downfall of this country. Dems aren't saints and they get a ton of shit wrong but your blatant ignorance of what is going on is amazing . chico is just a fool but I expected more from you. You cry foul about Dem spending but ignore that the republicans come back with their own spending plans and that's what piss's republicans off now , Dems getting shit done when republicans couldn't. This country came to a complete stand still for 2 years due to a World Wide Pandemic not trumps fault or Bidens any deaf, dumb and blind person could see that prices were going to go threw the roof when we came out of this. Hell yeah Government spending went up , are you saying it wouldn't have gone up if the republican plan was approved??? Oil companies cut back production during the pandemic and still have not increased production to before pandemic output any moron knows this except chico. Dems are their own worst enemy but you should be happy that the Dem(rep) Manchin is there to block everything that the Dems could do to make things better. Yes spending is way up you think I like paying $5 for gas ? To ignore that this all started while you boy was in Office is hysterical and for fuck sake you all want him back, yeah STFU and JHC are about all that can be said!
Lol…Completely ignoring the energy policies Biden implemented day 1. Completely ignoring statements made by Biden on his strategy:

Direct biden quotes

Number one, no more subsidies for fossil fuel industry,” Biden said at the debate. “No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period, ends, number one.”

I’m talking about stopping fracking, as soon as we possibly can,” he said. “I’m talking about telling the fossil fuel industry that they are going to stop destroying this planet. No ifs, buts and maybes about it.”

Completely ignoring the fact Biden has negotiated with despots begging for oil production while shutting down production here.

Completely ignoring the fact the US was an energy exporter for the first time in 50 years under the last administration

Sorry the Covid excuse doesn't cut it for the American people. Keep spinning

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2022, 02:08 PM   #1097
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
LOL, There are plenty of sources out there that completely contradict what he is saying. I'm not going to do the work for you, I'm sure you can find them if you so choose. But go ahead and buy into whatever John Stewart and Yahoo Entertainment are putting out there.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:30 PM   #1098
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj4zezgung...PACT%20Act.pdf

^^ actual Bill if anyone wants to read it. I quick read it and it seems to be all about toxic exposure to armed forces members. There is zero mention of funding or cost here. I did read the bill would bring in more than it would cost ... i imagine bc medical costs would go down w early detection and prevention to future exposure.

It covers burn pit exposure .. as well as a nuclear cleanup in late 80s, agent orange in vietnam ..

-----------

Republicans blocked this bill bc they will block any bill while a D is president and they were made about the surprise domestic package Manchin agreed to behind their back

------------

if anyone has any link to back up this "funding" reason for blocking the bill, id love to see it. And not the blurb were it was some un-named source saying it .. something objective

if you just think "republicans said theres the green deal in there and not actually helping troops" and then say "im not going to provide you sources" .. maybe youre being lied to.

maybe you enjoy being lied to.

One spoon fed lie, one after another .. you dont even have to have your eyes open.

Just sit back and get fed like a toddler.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:53 PM   #1099
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...zona-rcna40567

The Biden administration on Thursday authorized completion of the Trump-funded U.S.-Mexico border wall in an open area of southern Arizona near Yuma, where four wide gaps make it among the busiest corridors for illegal crossings.

Joe Biden less than 2 years ago:
“There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration, No. 1," he told NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro

I remember hearing the border wall was racist and xenophobic…lolololol. Meaningless words I guess these days. They mean absolutely nothing

He Gets Us
Old 07-29-2022, 09:22 PM   #1100
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
LOL, There are plenty of sources out there that completely contradict what he is saying. I'm not going to do the work for you, I'm sure you can find them if you so choose. But go ahead and buy into whatever John Stewart and Yahoo Entertainment are putting out there.

So you didn't look at the link, I get it, trump can't admit he's wrong either just like you.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:25 PM   #1101
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol…Completely ignoring the energy policies Biden implemented day 1. Completely ignoring statements made by Biden on his strategy:

Direct biden quotes

Number one, no more subsidies for fossil fuel industry,” Biden said at the debate. “No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period, ends, number one.”

I’m talking about stopping fracking, as soon as we possibly can,” he said. “I’m talking about telling the fossil fuel industry that they are going to stop destroying this planet. No ifs, buts and maybes about it.”

Completely ignoring the fact Biden has negotiated with despots begging for oil production while shutting down production here.

Completely ignoring the fact the US was an energy exporter for the first time in 50 years under the last administration

Sorry the Covid excuse doesn't cut it for the American people. Keep spinning
chico talking....................

Old 07-30-2022, 12:25 AM   #1102
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj4zezgung...PACT%20Act.pdf

^^ actual Bill if anyone wants to read it. I quick read it and it seems to be all about toxic exposure to armed forces members. There is zero mention of funding or cost here. I did read the bill would bring in more than it would cost ... i imagine bc medical costs would go down w early detection and prevention to future exposure.

It covers burn pit exposure .. as well as a nuclear cleanup in late 80s, agent orange in vietnam ..

-----------

Republicans blocked this bill bc they will block any bill while a D is president and they were made about the surprise domestic package Manchin agreed to behind their back

------------

if anyone has any link to back up this "funding" reason for blocking the bill, id love to see it. And not the blurb were it was some un-named source saying it .. something objective

if you just think "republicans said theres the green deal in there and not actually helping troops" and then say "im not going to provide you sources" .. maybe youre being lied to.

maybe you enjoy being lied to.

One spoon fed lie, one after another .. you dont even have to have your eyes open.

Just sit back and get fed like a toddler.
Lotta spoon feeding going on...

I would also like to see a link - with some objective evidence - that shows Republicans voted against the cloture motion due to the domestic package Manchin agreed to, rather than because of the budget gimmick that would authorize $400 billion over the next 10 years of existing spending - outside of the $280 billion that they all agreed upon.

Anyone have that link? If not, maybe you're being lied to...
Old 07-30-2022, 12:38 AM   #1103
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
So you didn't look at the link, I get it, trump can't admit he's wrong either just like you.
Oh I looked at it. There's really nothing relevant in it.

Here's the summary:
-Fox News didn't want John Stewart on.
-Stewart called out Senate Republicans for blocking the bill (which was actually just a cloture motion).
-The block was led by Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania - says he made false claims about a $400 billion slush fund, but doesn't explain why the claims are false or provide any evidence showing the claims are false.
-Says Toomey’s argument is easily debunked, but doesn't provide any facts as to how or why.

More spoon feeding.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:29 AM   #1104
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Oh I looked at it. There's really nothing relevant in it.

Here's the summary:
-Fox News didn't want John Stewart on.
-Stewart called out Senate Republicans for blocking the bill (which was actually just a cloture motion).
-The block was led by Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania - says he made false claims about a $400 billion slush fund, but doesn't explain why the claims are false or provide any evidence showing the claims are false.
-Says Toomey’s argument is easily debunked, but doesn't provide any facts as to how or why.

More spoon feeding.
Thank you , This is a great example of trump ignorant BS pretending it doesn't say this or that when it debunks your claim and clearly does, congratulations you're full trump sheep.
Old 07-30-2022, 08:04 AM   #1105
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Sorry man. If you wanna put all your faith in John Stewart & Yahoo Entertainment, when they provide zero facts to back up what they are saying, that's on you. That's a true Sheep.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:34 PM   #1106
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thank you , This is a great example of trump ignorant BS pretending it doesn't say this or that when it debunks your claim and clearly does, congratulations you're full trump sheep.
https://www.toomey.senate.gov/newsro...spending-binge

There is a 400 billion budget spending gimmick which is unrelated to veterans. When an amendment came up to remove this gimmick, it was voted down by democrats. If it’s remove the bill would pass. Democrats and Jon Stewart can shut the fuck up about the vote down

He Gets Us
Old 07-30-2022, 03:58 PM   #1107
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.toomey.senate.gov/newsro...spending-binge

There is a 400 billion budget spending gimmick which is unrelated to veterans. When an amendment came up to remove this gimmick, it was voted down by democrats. If it’s remove the bill would pass. Democrats and Jon Stewart can shut the fuck up about the vote down
That's just an announcement by his office saying why they voted it down.

It would really be more helpful if they could point to the specific line item as the reason for the no-vote. Surely if this is the case a record exists of the amendment to change the budget gimmick?
Old 07-30-2022, 04:09 PM   #1108
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...967/amendments

No snide comments/etc. here - I really am curious and if you guys are willing to play nice I am legit interested in figuring out who is lying here. But I need help on this.

Because if this is the case and the Dems added 400 billion in bullshit mandatory non-military medical spending to a bill using the troops as cover - they should absolutely be called out on their bullshit right?

The link I posted above is a link to the bill, specifically to all 55 amendments made (it's not as bad as it seems, most of those amendments are described as "Text of Amendment as Submitted: S2836 Purpose displays after an amendment is proposed" which I assume is some clerical thing.

So we need to find the amendment where the Dems took 400 billion in discretionary spending (for something totally unrelated to military healthcare) and switched it to mandatory after June 16.

Why June 16th? Because on June 16th the Senate had a vote where the bill passed 84-14. So obviously the left made that amendment after the fact to try and sneak it through.

I'm being totally serious here guys - put aside your partisan bias and help me figure out who's lying here. No hearsay in this one - this is the official record from Congress. If it happened it has to be in there somewhere.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:27 PM   #1109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...967/amendments

No snide comments/etc. here - I really am curious and if you guys are willing to play nice I am legit interested in figuring out who is lying here. But I need help on this.

Because if this is the case and the Dems added 400 billion in bullshit mandatory non-military medical spending to a bill using the troops as cover - they should absolutely be called out on their bullshit right?

The link I posted above is a link to the bill, specifically to all 55 amendments made (it's not as bad as it seems, most of those amendments are described as "Text of Amendment as Submitted: S2836 Purpose displays after an amendment is proposed" which I assume is some clerical thing.

So we need to find the amendment where the Dems took 400 billion in discretionary spending (for something totally unrelated to military healthcare) and switched it to mandatory after June 16.

Why June 16th? Because on June 16th the Senate had a vote where the bill passed 84-14. So obviously the left made that amendment after the fact to try and sneak it through.

I'm being totally serious here guys - put aside your partisan bias and help me figure out who's lying here. No hearsay in this one - this is the official record from Congress. If it happened it has to be in there somewhere.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...a3b32d1e58ca80

This is actually pretty interesting, don't think I'm any closer to solving this but I found this under Section 805c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACT act section 805c
“(c) Authorization Of Appropriations.—There is authorized to be appropriated to the Fund for fiscal year 2023 and each subsequent fiscal year such sums as are necessary to increase funding, over the fiscal year 2021 level, for investment in—

“(1) the delivery of veterans’ health care associated with exposure to environmental hazards in the active military, naval, air, or space service in programs administered by the Under Secretary for Health;

“(2) any expenses incident to the delivery of veterans’ health care and benefits associated with exposure to environmental hazards in the active military, naval, air, or space service, including administrative expenses, such as information technology and claims processing and appeals, and excluding leases as authorized or approved under section 8104 of this title; and

“(3) medical and other research relating to exposure to environmental hazards.
Also found this under subsection? 2 under 805.

“(2) No amount appropriated to the Fund in fiscal year 2023 or any subsequent fiscal year pursuant to this section shall be counted as discretionary budget authority and outlays or as direct spending for any estimate of an appropriation Act under the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 (2 U.S.C. 621 et seq.) and any other Act."

What do you guys think?
Old 07-30-2022, 08:08 PM   #1110
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
That's just an announcement by his office saying why they voted it down.

It would really be more helpful if they could point to the specific line item as the reason for the no-vote. Surely if this is the case a record exists of the amendment to change the budget gimmick?
ABC news:

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has said he would schedule another procedural vote on Monday. He offered Toomey a vote on an amendment to close the "budget gimmick" that would require 60 votes to be added to the bill. It's unclear if Toomey, and other Republicans, will accept that deal and allow the bill to proceed to a final vote on the floor.

Looks like Dems will remove it Monday. Good

He Gets Us