Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-10-2021, 03:28 AM   #1081
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
195,000 additional deaths since Jan 20,2021. 1/2 as many as all of 2020. Not really a political post, other than the dates.

Nearly 600,000 total deaths. The Spanish Flu had roughly 675,000 in the US. For all our medical improvements, and we certainly have had them, death is death, and when it comes human science only goes so far.
I'll politicize it for you. 194,999 more deaths that are Trump's fault. Maybe we can blame 1 on China, but that's racist, so we better not. Trump has personally killed another 195,000 people.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-10-2021, 09:39 AM   #1082
MTK
\m/

Fucker Carlson at it again

Tucker Carlson misrepresents government data on Covid-19 vaccines
Old 05-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #1083
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
chico 's buddy.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #1084
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1841636.html

https://www.yahoo.com/now/president-...214100937.html

Here is Biden July 2020 committing to remove vaccine patents:

The answer is yes – yes, yes, yes," those were the words President Biden used when activist Ady Barkan asked him in a video appeal if the United States would share COVID-19 vaccine technology with the world and ensure that no patents would stand in the way of countries and companies mass producing lifesaving vaccines.

Another broken promise while my coworkers in India wait. Could have been done a month ago.
chico just leave the country since you hate it so much.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #1085
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/b....co/hAqRi13vSb

A Misleading C.D.C. Number

When the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new guidelines last month for mask wearing, it announced that “less than 10 percent” of Covid-19 transmission was occurring outdoors. Media organizations repeated the statistic, and it quickly became a standard description of the frequency of outdoor transmission.

But the number is almost certainly misleading.

It appears to be based partly on a misclassification of some Covid transmission that actually took place in enclosed spaces (as I explain below). An even bigger issue is the extreme caution of C.D.C. officials, who picked a benchmark — 10 percent — so high that nobody could reasonably dispute it.

That benchmark “seems to be a huge exaggeration,” as Dr. Muge Cevik, a virologist at the University of St. Andrews, said. In truth, the share of transmission that has occurred outdoors seems to be below 1 percent and may be below 0.1 percent, multiple epidemiologists told me. The rare outdoor transmission that has happened almost all seems to have involved crowded places or close conversation.

Cdc doing a poor job with messaging again…the media apparently catching up with what people with common sense knew 8-10 months ago.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:09 PM   #1086
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

A simple complaint about bureaucracy and the idiocy of government. And, I realize this is so very very low on the scale of importance, but I feel like bitching so here it is:

My son and I got the first shot on Sunday, everything went well. They give us the vaccine record card. And that's my bitch. Do they make it a standard credit card size so it fits in a wallet? No, they make it just big enough to be damaged in a basic folding wallet. Like I said, just a bitch because they could have cut down the size to a credit card or driver's license dimension, and dropped of 2 other lines and simple trimming of the location fields. My site used stickers, but maybe some sites hand write the info. If adjusted the size by about 1/2" in width and length, it would have been fine.

As for the shot, my son has a bad case of Covid Arm, about a baseball size rash around the injection site. I didn't have any adverse effects.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #1087
SunnySide
Playmaker

If people could act like adults and just wear masks indoors, get vax, and not do large condensed outdoor gatherings ... I think the CDC could give more detailed and exact recommendations.

But we are a country of children who pout and whine and play games.

If CDC says "outdoor transmission is negligible if we dont do large condensed gatherings" .. all Muricans will hear is "we are allowed to go outside" and the "no condensed gatherings" part gets lost in the sauce.

We as a collective group cant be spoken to like we are adults. Because we think in bumper sticker size limits. if a sentence has a comma, we dont read or remember the ", but .." part.

Its like my daughter. I can tell her no sweets after dinner .. she asks if she can have hot chocolate.

we are a nation of morons with the attention span of a sugar riddled 8 year old who wears Iron Man pajamas to the grocery store.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:56 PM   #1088
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
If people could act like adults and just wear masks indoors,...
so we can gather outside now Murica
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:32 AM   #1089
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
so we can gather outside now Murica
Wear your masks everywhere, all the time. They're fantastic and work. If you don't wear them religiously, we will shame you.

But we really can't live our lives until the vaccine, because that will really really work. If you don't get the vaccine, we will shame you.

The mask works and the vaccine works, but still wear your masks all the time and still alter how you live your lives. And now add in a possible yearly booster shot.

The goalposts never get moved closer, always further.

I'm genuinely curious if a lot of liberals just don't care about freedoms or don't realize they're giving them away, until it's too late?

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 05-12-2021 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:25 AM   #1090
MTK
\m/

Wearing a mask is a minor inconvenience it's not about freedom.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:48 AM   #1091
MTK
\m/

oh the irony

Anti-Maskers Ready to Start Masking—to Protect Themselves From the Vaccinated
Old 05-12-2021, 08:57 AM   #1092
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If people could act like adults and just wear masks indoors, get vax, and not do large condensed outdoor gatherings ... I think the CDC could give more detailed and exact recommendations.

But we are a country of children who pout and whine and play games.

If CDC says "outdoor transmission is negligible if we dont do large condensed gatherings" .. all Muricans will hear is "we are allowed to go outside" and the "no condensed gatherings" part gets lost in the sauce.

We as a collective group cant be spoken to like we are adults. Because we think in bumper sticker size limits. if a sentence has a comma, we dont read or remember the ", but .." part.

Its like my daughter. I can tell her no sweets after dinner .. she asks if she can have hot chocolate.

we are a nation of morons with the attention span of a sugar riddled 8 year old who wears Iron Man pajamas to the grocery store.
Government shouldn’t lie about the science…and we know this wasn’t acceptable last year, why is it now?

We also know and most with common sense have clearly known: transmission is extremely rare outside and data says schools have never been an outbreak source. Schools are safe and the flu is historically more deadly than covid when it comes to kids.

I think the mask requirement will be dropping this summer for indoor activities as vaccines continue to roll out. Which is a great thing

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:16 AM   #1093
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Wear your masks everywhere, all the time. They're fantastic and work. If you don't wear them religiously, we will shame you.

But we really can't live our lives until the vaccine, because that will really really work. If you don't get the vaccine, we will shame you.

The mask works and the vaccine works, but still wear your masks all the time and still alter how you live your lives. And now add in a possible yearly booster shot.

The goalposts never get moved closer, always further.

I'm genuinely curious if a lot of liberals just don't care about freedoms or don't realize they're giving them away, until it's too late?
This is either the funniest parody post Ive seen in a while .. or exactly what I was talking about in terms of people acting like children throwing a temper tantrum when you tell them its bed time.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:10 AM   #1094
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
This is either the funniest parody post Ive seen in a while .. or exactly what I was talking about in terms of people acting like children throwing a temper tantrum when you tell them its bed time.
You do you SunnySide. You're the smartest man in the room.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:21 AM   #1095
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Wearing a mask is a minor inconvenience it's not about freedom.
It's not about wearing a mask or whether its an inconvenience or worse. I've worn my mask like a good little boy since the day it was required. Still do.

It's about still wearing a mask, involuntarily, when there is no reason to.

Same thing with gatherings. Get vaccinated but still don't be inside with other people. I'd rather live my life and take my chances possibly getting sick then still live under government orders despite being vaccinated.