Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #1
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I understand but I will disagree with you here or maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.. The wife and daughters are school teachers and all teach young ones, Kindergarten,1st and 2nd grades if they can't evacuate to hunker down(my word) and yes cover up in a locked classroom . In their school all the doors are Steele with a 6by6 window(I think). If an "assailant" brings an AK 47 they aren't aiming they're spraying .
That is a lock down. You lock and barricade. Not the same as lying still and putting your head down. Once they are in though your best course of action is to counter. They might be spraying but if you have twenty kids all scattered and throwing objects it would be distracting. I certainly wouldn't just sit there if they come through the door.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:36 PM   #2
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I really cannot believe the audacity of the GOP with this debt ceiling. After Trump raised it three effin times. Now all of the sudden Mitch is putting his foot down. What a clown. He knows “the base” doesn’t even understand what is going on and could care less if the rest of us know he is hypocritical AF.
He is honestly the biggest two face ever.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I really cannot believe the audacity of the GOP with this debt ceiling. After Trump raised it three effin times. Now all of the sudden Mitch is putting his foot down. What a clown. He knows “the base” doesn’t even understand what is going on and could care less if the rest of us know he is hypocritical AF.
He is honestly the biggest two face ever.
The audacity here is Senator Biden doing in 2006

Then-Senator Joe Biden refused to support a GOP-led effort to increase the debt ceiling, making arguments that closely reflect those advanced by Mitch McConnell and the Republican Party today.

"My vote against the debt limit increase cannot change the fact that we have incurred this debt already, and will no doubt incur more," Senator Biden said following his "nay" vote in 2006. "It is a statement that I refuse to be associated with the policies that brought us to this point."

Also today Alpha Predator Mitch McConnell made this offer, giving Dems more time

WASHINGTON —Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says he will not block a debt limit extension into December, making an offer to temporarily end a partisan standoff just 12 days before the government's deadline to avert default.

McConnell announced Wednesday that Republicans will not filibuster an extension of the debt limit “into December” to give Democrats more time to enact a long-term solution on their own. The statement from McConnell would appear to offer a short-term fix as the nation faces an October 18 deadline to lift the limit.

Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., said it’s not clear if Democrats will accept McConnell’s offer, as they have yet to digest and discuss it.

The Senate is scheduled to vote on a procedural motion Wednesday that would suspend the borrowing limit into next year. The motion needs 60 votes to avert what the Treasury Department warns would be an economic calamity if the country blows past the deadline.

"This will moot Democrats’ excuses about the time crunch they created and give the unified Democratic government more than enough time to pass standalone debt limit legislation through reconciliation," said McConnell in a statement.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:07 PM   #4
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The audacity here is Senator Biden doing in 2006

Then-Senator Joe Biden refused to support a GOP-led effort to increase the debt ceiling, making arguments that closely reflect those advanced by Mitch McConnell and the Republican Party today.

"My vote against the debt limit increase cannot change the fact that we have incurred this debt already, and will no doubt incur more," Senator Biden said following his "nay" vote in 2006. "It is a statement that I refuse to be associated with the policies that brought us to this point."

Also today Alpha Predator Mitch McConnell made this offer, giving Dems more time

WASHINGTON —Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says he will not block a debt limit extension into December, making an offer to temporarily end a partisan standoff just 12 days before the government's deadline to avert default.

McConnell announced Wednesday that Republicans will not filibuster an extension of the debt limit “into December” to give Democrats more time to enact a long-term solution on their own. The statement from McConnell would appear to offer a short-term fix as the nation faces an October 18 deadline to lift the limit.

Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., said it’s not clear if Democrats will accept McConnell’s offer, as they have yet to digest and discuss it.

The Senate is scheduled to vote on a procedural motion Wednesday that would suspend the borrowing limit into next year. The motion needs 60 votes to avert what the Treasury Department warns would be an economic calamity if the country blows past the deadline.

"This will moot Democrats’ excuses about the time crunch they created and give the unified Democratic government more than enough time to pass standalone debt limit legislation through reconciliation," said McConnell in a statement.

Sure you are feeling good and proud about your post. Sorry to shed light on these two important caveats.
1) The current state of affairs, and reason this needs to be done is because of Trumps spending. A Republican. You know who was President before Biden opposed and while Biden opposed? Thats right Bush. A Republican.

2) While Trump was President the Democrats supported three raises to the debt ceiling.

So, McConnell needs to do the same. If it was a Democrat that put us in this position than I would have no problem with McConnell doing this. Honestly if Obama was the Potus last four years and spent like that I would totally understand Mitch saying you guys fucked up you guys fix it. But that isn’t the case. Not now and not in 2006. Wasn’t Bidens job to dig us out of Bush’s hole. It is McConnells job to dig us out of Trumps. Add in the fact that the Dems extended three olive branches to ole Mitch in extremely recent history and guess what? The audacity is back in your court brother.
Thank you, come again.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-06-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:12 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol Trump. Y’all brains are so broken, literally thinking about him all the time. This has zero to do with him

Like the Washington Post and other Democrat Senators have admitted, Schumer doesn’t need 1 GOP vote to raise the debt. Budget reconciliation vote to avoid the filibuster needs just 50 which he has…Dems could do this at anytime folks

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:06 PM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol Trump. Y’all brains are so broken, literally thinking about him all the time. This has zero to do with him

Like the Washington Post and other Democrat Senators have admitted, Schumer doesn’t need 1 GOP vote to raise the debt. Budget reconciliation vote to avoid the filibuster needs just 50 which he has…Dems could do this at anytime folks

Omg this response is so old and tired about our brains being broken and forget Trump.

Yes Chico the debt ceiling situation has nothing to do with the man who raised our debt more in a four year period than anyone in history. Like literally up until last year.
Wait what? No really, what? Did you just…..what?!?

And for the last time when one party does something with zero support from the other they catch all the heat - even when it is because the other sides guy put us here , even when it is necessary, so please stop with Biden can act in a partisan manner. No shit but it isn’t the ideal way to do things.
You and Mitch now …you dont need us just do it.
You and Mitch after we do it …believe what those fuckers did? Didn’t even wanna talk about. Just went all willy nilly and raised the debt ceiling. Unbelievable they are. Vote for us we would never do that. (Did it three times in the last four years.)

It is fuckin unbelievable that u can say this situation has nothing to do with Trump though. Unbelievable. Wrong. And unbelievable.

I keep saying this and it isn’t an insult, more of a reckoning- but you may not be as smart as i thought u were. It is a compliment actually but posts like that make me think im very wrong about your intelligence level.

Someone on the right please help me out in good faith and explain to your comrade (pun totally intended) that Trump has EVERYTHING to do with this and doing anything without bipartisanship is playing with fire. You dont have to agree with the move, just the situation. It doesn’t mean you are a libtard just coherent.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:11 AM   #7
SunnySide
Playmaker

he controversial ruler of Dubai has acquired a land and property empire in Britain that appears to exceed 40,000 hectares (100,000 acres), making him one of the country’s largest landowners, according to a Guardian analysis.

The huge property portfolio apparently owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum and his close family ranges from mansions, stables and training gallops across Newmarket, to white stucco houses in some of London’s most exclusive addresses and extensive moorland including the 25,000-hectare Inverinate estate in the Scottish Highlands.

The Guardian has mapped these expansive private holdings linked to Sheikh Mohammed, who is vice-president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, using Land Registry records and company filings.

The exact scale of his British landholding is not known because most of the properties connected to him are owned via offshore companies in the tax havens of Guernsey and Jersey. That raises familiar questions about the secretive nature of large amounts of property ownership in Britain, and whether it is structured in ways to avoid paying UK taxes when the properties are sold.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...heikh-mohammed

Perhaps Im being xenophobic but I think we need to do something about limiting the amount of land and business foreigners and foreign companies run by state agencies can buy.

During covid and this housing crisis .. I feel like its rich people and investments just buying up homes making it impossible for us 9-5 people to compete in this market.

Anecdotally my well to do brother and some of his well to do friends all just went up to Bethany Beach and just bough houses. He bought his home without even seeing or touring it. Money laying around? Fuck it buy a second house. Just weekend getaway things for 600k to a few mil. That just inflates the market and makes its unattainable for native Bethany Beach residents.

My little brother sold his home above asking on day 1 to some foreign guy out of NYC. That guy never toured or viewed the home.

Rich people are just plucking up houses for shits and giggles and investments and rentals.

Meanwhile Im looking for a single family home in the 500k range and everything is inflated and over valued. Gotta wait for some collapse at this point.

Frustrating.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 10:16 AM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

The push to drain China’s influence from the U.S. economy has reached America’s farm country, as congressional lawmakers from both parties are looking at measures to crack down on foreign purchases of prime agricultural real estate.

House lawmakers recently advanced legislation to that effect, warning that China’s presence in the American food system poses a national security risk. And key Senate lawmakers have already shown interest in efforts to keep American farms in American hands.

The debate over farm ownership comes amid broader efforts by Congress and the Biden administration to curb the nation’s economic reliance on China, especially in key industries like food, semiconductors and minerals deemed crucial to the supply chain. The call for tighter limits on who owns America’s farms has come from a wide range of political leaders, from former Vice President Mike Pence to Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), after gaining momentum seeded in farm states.

“America cannot allow China to control our food supply,” Pence said Wednesday during a speech at the conservative Heritage Foundation, urging President Joe Biden and Congress to “end all farm subsidies for land owned by foreign nationals.”

Chinese firms have expanded their presence in American agriculture over the last decade by snapping up farmland and purchasing major agribusinesses, like pork processing giant Smithfield Foods. By the start of 2020, Chinese owners controlled about 192,000 agricultural acres in the U.S., worth $1.9 billion, including land used for farming, ranching and forestry, according to the Agriculture Department.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...urchase-499893
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:16 PM   #9
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This image just slayed me...

Look at the face on Turtle!!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:07 AM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

More great news for CA:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/07/busin...usk/index.html

Bye Tesla!!!
Old 10-08-2021, 08:26 AM   #11
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
More great news for CA:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/07/busin...usk/index.html

Bye Tesla!!!
So he is moving from one state with electrical grid issues to another state with electrical grid issues? Being a genius does not equate to common sense.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
So he is moving from one state with electrical grid issues to another state with electrical grid issues? Being a genius does not equate to common sense.
Moving costs money. So even assuming the grids are equal, there are obviously other reasons why they are leaving for Texas. And they are hardly the 1st CA company to leave for there. CA is doing something wrong that is making businesses pack up shop and leave.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #13
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Moving costs money. So even assuming the grids are equal, there are obviously other reasons why they are leaving for Texas. And they are hardly the 1st CA company to leave for there. CA is doing something wrong that is making businesses pack up shop and leave.
In addition to political ineptitude I would wager the population of California is way higher than the resources can sustain. Have to import a lot of their energy. The state is built ass backwards. 75% of water is in the upper 50% of the state while 75% of the population is in the lower 50% of the state. Unlike more established regions of the world the United States is still trying to find it's population middle ground. In Texas more space greater access to resources in particular water and electricity do make sense. I am still going to make fun of them for having to turn off the heat when it gets cold and their favorite senator deciding to go to Cancun though.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:39 PM   #14
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
In addition to political ineptitude I would wager the population of California is way higher than the resources can sustain. Have to import a lot of their energy. The state is built ass backwards. 75% of water is in the upper 50% of the state while 75% of the population is in the lower 50% of the state. Unlike more established regions of the world the United States is still trying to find it's population middle ground. In Texas more space greater access to resources in particular water and electricity do make sense. I am still going to make fun of them for having to turn off the heat when it gets cold and their favorite senator deciding to go to Cancun though.
It's definitely a weird state. The total money people have here is insane. But it's in the hands of a select few. The rich are extremely rich but I believe we still the highest % of poor, homeless, destitute people in the country as well.

I still can't believe that. Exame 1A of politicians being put of you with reality and their constituents.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:14 PM   #15
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

There is no argument really SD. The NRA wants you to think there is an argument and so do the politicians they put in power. They want you to think that we want to take your guns away, abolish the second amendment. Make you and your families vulnerable. Etc. It is the total opposite. You and your families aren’t safe because idiots get guns as easy as they get candy.
We want it to be harder for these idiots to get em and we want to save lives by doing so. That cuts into the NRA’s bottom line. And that cuts into the politicians they keep in power from staying in power. Oh well. As usual money, power, and greed are pumping propaganda out to the masses in order to keep the status quo. That is wrong. We are all in favor of good people owning guns for protection. Not for moving metal for money and putting innocent Americans lives at risk for money.