Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL Preseason week 3

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #91
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Around the NFL Preseason week 3

I think, and have thought this for many years, that Berman is pretty terrible on air. Off air though, he's totally fine. When new people are hired he's one of the first to welcome you, ask if you need anything, can he help you settle in, etc. I wouldn't judge him based on a simple YouTube clip.

To say he just happened to be there when ESPN started is akin to saying Matty just happened to be there when this website began. Berman's been as instrumental as anyone in building ESPN.

My feeling is similar to what many of his current and ex colleagues, unbelievable respect for what he's done and the paths he laid down for people like myself, but it's probably time for him to hang up the mic

Last edited by SmootSmack; 08-24-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: crazy autocorrect typos
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #92
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think, and have thought this for many years, that Berman is pretty terrible on air. Off air though, he's totally fine. When new people are hired he's one of the first to welcome you, ask if you need anything, can he help you settle in, etc. I wouldn't judge him based on a simple YouTube clip.

To say he just happened to be there when ESPN started is akin to saying Matty just happened to be there when this website began. Berman's been as instrumental as anyone in building ESPN.

My feeling is similar to what many of his current and ex colleagues, unbelievable respect for what he's done and the paths he laid down for people like myself, but it's probably time for him to hang up the mic
Nicely put.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.

Last edited by SmootSmack; 08-24-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: crazy autocorrect typos in my original post
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #93
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I heard he was brutal last night.

15 worst things about Berman's NFL debut | The Jackson Sun | jacksonsun.com

lol at this:

"3. How long did it take Berman to reference his historic presence in the booth? Sixteen seconds into the first live shot. He followed that up by adding, "and oh, by the way, in case the folks haven't heard, there's also a new quarterback for the Titans," as if the football game was an afterthought to the history being made in the broadcast booth"
Yeah, someone called into the radio program I was listening to this morning ranting about Berman calling Griffin "Gay".

How do you make that mistake?

Man...I can't wait. He'll probably call Madieu Williams "LaRon Landry" if he does one of our games this year.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #94
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Kevin Kolb is god awful. That dude on Oakland was right. He's so skiddish in the pocket. Even when he has time he still leaves and runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off. He simply doesn't like standing in the pocket. Az should cut him cause he's not NFL material. I heard on the radio that Miami might let go of David Garrard and if that's the case Az should sign him asap.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #95
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying Arizona is probably the only team in the league where Tebow could continue his career playing the QB position because they already have 12 QBs on the team and none of them can play.

Skelton is the best of the bunch, I guess, but that Lindley kid is filling up the stat sheets this preseason. Kolb may be the worst trade followed by the worst contract of all time. They had no reason so extend him for so much money before even playing for them...they had another year to do that. They deserve to lose for such stupidity.

It makes our Haynesworth signing look GOOD. At least he was once the best in the league at his position. Kolb was unproven. They traded too much for him. Then, they unnecessarily paid him MORE.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #96
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm sure Larry Fitzgerlad would love Tebow throwing him the ball. lol. He's gotta be so frustrated playing there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #97
MTK
\m/

Doesn't matter who is playing QB in zona with that OL. Kolb wasn't even hitting the top of his drops before he was getting hit. Terrible.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #98
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Fitz had his chance to leave.

Matty - more of a reason to bring in Tebow.

Garrard will break the first game he plays behind that line.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #99
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

No one on Arizona's line would start for us.

That's bad.

Disclaimer: I don't really know if they have individuals who are competent, but, as a whole, they may as well be 5 traffic cones that defenders just need to avoid on their way to the QB.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #100
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Wonder if Matt Moore or Tarvaris Jackson (less likely) would get sent to Arizona? I say 4-12 at best for them.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #101
MTK
\m/

If I'm Miami I'm keeping Moore as the #2 and cutting Garrard.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #102
Monkeydad
Living Legend

A passing league you say?

Bears OC Mike Tice says he wants Forte and Bush to BOTH rush for 1,000 yards this season.

Really, after getting Brandon Marshall, you make a statement like this? I wonder if this is an indication of the trust level in Mr. Interception, Jay Cutler?

Despite upgraded passing attack, Bears still committed to run - Chicago Sun-Times
Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #103
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

Bears OC Mike Tice says he wants Forte and Bush to BOTH rush for 1,000 yards this season.

Really, after getting Brandon Marshall, you make a statement like this? I wonder if this is an indication of the trust level in Mr. Interception, Jay Cutler?

Despite upgraded passing attack, Bears still committed to run - Chicago Sun-Times
Highly unlikely now that Cutler has a line that protects him and an actual WR in Marshall.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #104
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If I'm Miami I'm keeping Moore as the #2 and cutting Garrard.
Definitely. Matt Moore played great last year late in the season. For about a month, he was the top QB (at least fantasy-wise) in the league. I picked him up on a few teams as a fill-in.

At one point, he was in a 11 TD- 1 INT stretch with a couple of 3-TD pass games. That one INT was against the Skins.

He played well against us too. He's mobile and fairly accurate most of the time.

Tannehill has the upper hand despite being the rookie, he played in this system at A&M, so Moore is actually the newcomer to the system. Interesting how that worked out.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #105
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

Cutler was lighting it up last year before he went down and Cutler was flat out ballin against us last week. Now he has Marshall and Jeffery? Chicago will be throwing and running the ball with confidence this year. I wouldnt be bringing my safeties up in the box against Bears.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote