Hooskins, think you're talking about the506.com

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #92
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Less Huff In the Booth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
There is a really good site, I think its been linked here in the path, of how games are broadcast between the networks and teams. It has a nice map, as well, of broadcast teams each week.
You mean dis place?

the506.com - NFL map index 2011
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #93
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You can't compare NHL broadcasts to NFL. They're two totally different animals

jinx. You owe me a Coke.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #94
firstdown
Living Legend

You also have to remember its only in preseason that you get your local announcers doing the games.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #95
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You also have to remember its only in preseason that you get your local announcers doing the games.
And that's bad enough. I'm glad I don't have to listen to Larry Michael or Theismann during the regular season.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #96
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Troy Aikman is by far the best game announcer there is in football. The ONLY other person that would give him a run for the money in my book is Jon Gruden.

Who gives a flying **** if Aikman was a cowboy. The 90's called and they want their grudge back.

Hell, I think Troy is much better at being a game analyst than he ever was a NFL QB, and he's in the Hall of Fame. That should tell you something.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #97
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
How'd you feel when Pat Summerall was calling our games back in the 80s?
Point taken. I'll say I liked Pat. He was decent and fair. Question though, was he a Mon. night announcer only or was he always announcing for the Skins on Sundays?

I'll answer it after having looked. He got started in 1962 announcing for the Giants after having played for them. He announced for 3 yrs then CBS changed their rules governing dedicated announcers for each team. He then announced for the Redskins for the next 4 yrs until 1968. After which he got teamed up with a ton of different people and announced for a ton of different sports. Not just NFL. He became the regular Super Bowl announcer teamed with other announcers. He did the Master, U.S. Open, and NBA.

I think my not having an issue with him stemmed from seeing him announcing every where and him doing it well. and he wasn't a Dallas Cowboy.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #98
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Point taken. I'll say I liked Pat. He was decent and fair. Question though, was he a Mon. night announcer only or was he always announcing for the Skins on Sundays?

I'll answer it after having looked. He got started in 1962 announcing for the Giants after having played for them. He announced for 3 yrs then CBS changed their rules governing dedicated announcers for each team. He then announced for the Redskins for the next 4 yrs until 1968. After which he got teamed up with a ton of different people and announced for a ton of different sports. Not just NFL. He became the regular Super Bowl announcer teamed with other announcers. He did the Master, U.S. Open, and NBA.

I think my not having an issue with him stemmed from seeing him announcing every where and him doing it well. and he wasn't a Dallas Cowboy.
It seems like your the only person who thinks Aikmen is not fair. I'd actually say he might lean more to our side trying to make sure he is fair.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #99
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
You can't compare NHL broadcasts to NFL. They're two totally different animals

Wait, wait, wait. Yes I can. I'm not comparing their skills I'm simply saying the NHL can figure out a way to get the same announcers from our local jurisdiction to announce each game and they have a ton more games. Yet the NFL can't do the same?

Now I presume the topic will come up that has not is the money issue. FOX would have to hire someone to work 8 games only. Now a days the announcers look for it to be their yearly career's so they want to have as many games as possible. and I see the point and respect it. But lets look at it this way, our local FOX DC could utilize the sports announcers they already have that are covering the Redskins through camp and preseason announce the games as well plus those announcers would already know the team and players, coaches, owner, and system better then Aikman ever would.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #100
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
And that's bad enough. I'm glad I don't have to listen to Larry Michael or Theismann during the regular season.

To each his own, I'd prefer Theismann over Aikman every day. But I'll grant you there would have to be someone better then Theismann.

But you would be saved cause Theismann doesn't work for FOX.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #101
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
How'd you feel when Pat Summerall was calling our games back in the 80s?
Summerall was on the national broadcast's ,during the 70's with Tom Brookshire(ex-Eagle) and they were very good, and then Madden ,I thought.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #102
los panda
Pro Bowl

i'd take madden + summerall over any
Old 08-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #103
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Wait, wait, wait. Yes I can. I'm not comparing their skills I'm simply saying the NHL can figure out a way to get the same announcers from our local jurisdiction to announce each game and they have a ton more games. Yet the NFL can't do the same?

Now I presume the topic will come up that has not is the money issue. FOX would have to hire someone to work 8 games only. Now a days the announcers look for it to be their yearly career's so they want to have as many games as possible. and I see the point and respect it. But lets look at it this way, our local FOX DC could utilize the sports announcers they already have that are covering the Redskins through camp and preseason announce the games as well plus those announcers would already know the team and players, coaches, owner, and system better then Aikman ever would.
That's not the way it works, the NFL is not local. It's national.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #104
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Troy Aikman is by far the best game announcer there is in football. The ONLY other person that would give him a run for the money in my book is Jon Gruden.

Who gives a flying **** if Aikman was a cowboy. The 90's called and they want their grudge back.

Hell, I think Troy is much better at being a game analyst than he ever was a NFL QB, and he's in the Hall of Fame. That should tell you something.

Ladies and Gentlemen, here lies the reason football is not as good as it used to be. Fans who just don't care or don't give a flying (you know what).

First it was letting a CAP to be put in place, then it was Free Agency, and now its simply fans who don't give a ****.

1-The CAP would force teams to let good players go cause they couldn't keep them on the roster due to budgeting.

2- Free Agency was applied so players could go to other teams and get the $$$. (who gives a rats ass about loyalty, right).

3- Fans who are willing to tolerate rival teams players announcing their games because ... who gives a flying ****.

LOL.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #105
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
It seems like your the only person who thinks Aikmen is not fair. I'd actually say he might lean more to our side trying to make sure he is fair.
OMG. I never said he's not fair. If anything I said he was a decent announcer. But, he should be a decent announcer for the Cowboys on Sundays. Not announcing Redskins games.

Basically your all telling me that there is no way our local FOX DC can locate, find, or hire an ex Redskins to announce on Sunday? Not a one? Atleast the home games. No one? OK.