Smoot Lays the Smack Down

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #91
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Rex Grossman had a terrible game yesterday - - he deserved to be pulled.

The defense as a whole was "less than fully satisfactory" yesterday.

Here is something that bothered the Hell out of me in the 4th quarter...

The Skins had the ball with less than 9 minutes to play down 2 TDs. Last year - - and during training camp this year - - we all got to listen to lectures from the coaching staff about the importance of "offensive tempo".

OK, go watch yesterday's late 4th quarter and point out to me two plays where the "offensive tempo" was anything more than sleepwalking. Smoot lays down Smack; I am calling bulls[p]it on Mike Shanahan's lectures on "offensive tempo".
Memo to Coach Shanahan: If tempo means anything at all, you will be demoting a few guys from the offensive unit this week and delivering a few 10-EEE suppositories to several other guys.
Yeah. I'm not a Beck finatic but I was glad he came in and was able to do a little something. But was pissed me off more then anything was he came in with 12 min. to go of the game ..... and only musterd 2 drives? Where was the 2 min. drill? I'm expecting Payton Manning from either Grossman or Beck in the second yr of their tenure, no huddle offense drive the ball and we get more McNabb...... huddle up.... huddle up...... huddle up. Fail on the 2 min. drill.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #92
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
They're trying to win now. That's why we're seeing Stallworth and Gaffney. I don't agree with it either. Glad to at least see Austin and Paul get in there. But it's very clear that MS wants the younger guys to earn it in practice and right now now they're not.
In the long run this will make the younger guys better players.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #93
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Although the defense played well in the 2nd half,we needed a stop at the end and they ran it down our throat! We didnt even make them work for it,10 yards on first down when were stacking the line to stop the run is pretty bad
Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #94
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yeah. I'm not a Beck finatic but I was glad he came in and was able to do a little something. But was pissed me off more then anything was he came in with 12 min. to go of the game ..... and only musterd 2 drives? Where was the 2 min. drill? I'm expecting Payton Manning from either Grossman or Beck in the second yr of their tenure, no huddle offense drive the ball and we get more McNabb...... huddle up.... huddle up...... huddle up. Fail on the 2 min. drill.
The offense should've been in two-minute drill mode since Beck took over (a quarter too late IMO).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #95
Mechanix544
The Starter

Well, one thing is definitely certain. If Shanahan rolls with rex grossman this upcoming week, we can throw that story of Jake the Snakes saying that Mike Shanahan is unreasonable, is a perfectionist and demands perfection from his quarterbacks right out the fvcking window, lol.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #96
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The offense should've been in two-minute drill mode since Beck took over (a quarter too late IMO).
Totally agree with you. But in other games I have not seen a decent 2 min drill out of this team. I was screaming at the TV watching the OL slowly get up, slowly walk to the huddle, slowly walk to the line, and not hike the ball for like 10 seconds. Or they didn't huddle and would slowly walk to the line and stand there looking around, the WR would trott back to the LOC, slowly set up and again waist 10 seconds with out hiking the ball.

I just didn't get it. Maybe they just are not there yet as a team, maybe it will come next year, but what I'm afraid is this is just not the coaching staffs style. I'd like to see a team put on this field that acts like the Colts when they are down and run a no huddle and win a game but for whatever reason the Skins never have this. It's always slow and methodical.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #97
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Totally agree with you. But in other games I have not seen a decent 2 min drill out of this team. I was screaming at the TV watching the OL slowly get up, slowly walk to the huddle, slowly walk to the line, and not hike the ball for like 10 seconds. Or they didn't huddle and would slowly walk to the line and stand there looking around, the WR would trott back to the LOC, slowly set up and again waist 10 seconds with out hiking the ball.

I just didn't get it. Maybe they just are not there yet as a team, maybe it will come next year, but what I'm afraid is this is just not the coaching staffs style. I'd like to see a team put on this field that acts like the Colts when they are down and run a no huddle and win a game but for whatever reason the Skins never have this. It's always slow and methodical.
Shanahan should show the team the 4th quarter of the Pats/Cowturds game. Brady was running a semi-no-huddle the whole quarter, and was running a straight up no-huddle at the end. The Cowgirls defense was gasping for air at the end.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #98
WilbursHomie
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Although the defense played well in the 2nd half,we needed a stop at the end and they ran it down our throat! We didnt even make them work for it,10 yards on first down when were stacking the line to stop the run is pretty bad
Definitely true. As a whole though, if you can hold that offense to 20 or less, you've got to win that game. Especially if it's the second half you shut them down in. Unacceptable to not score 21 against that Defensive. I said before the game that if we did 3 specific things that we would win 21-17. We only did 1 of them and the big one was Rex playing mistake free. The definitely did not happen and we still had a shot their at the end. Not to impressed by the Eagles Dream Team. We should beat them next time.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #99
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Well, one thing is definitely certain. If Shanahan rolls with rex grossman this upcoming week, we can throw that story of Jake the Snakes saying that Mike Shanahan is unreasonable, is a perfectionist and demands perfection from his quarterbacks right out the fvcking window, lol.

I hope for everyones sake Beck comes and lights it up if they decide to go with him because half of you are not happy with Grossman and are Beck lovers and if he lets you all down..... your going to be very dissapointed/ dipressed and the rest of us will hear how this team sucks and the coaching staff needs to go. Instead of trying something different like continuity.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #100
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Shanahan should show the team the 4th quarter of the Pats/Cowturds game. Brady was running a semi-no-huddle the whole quarter, and was running a straight up no-huddle at the end. The Cowgirls defense was gasping for air at the end.
and this might be what the Skins will have to do in order to keep the cowboys off balance. I know the quick score puts your defense right back on the field but if we can get up by a couple scores then maybe we can slow the system down and run, run, run to eat up clock and give the defense a break. Especially since this is supposed to be a pass first offense.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #101
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yes, brutal call. What really got me was that Vick intentionally grounded. So even if Rak got flagged for his hit, it still should have been offsetting penalties.

It should have been a safety but instead Philly got a free first down. Ugh.
Changed the game ...
Old 10-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #102
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
kinda hard wen they are holding on every single play and not getting.called.for.it..... like we were all game ...
Yes, thank you. I was yelling at the TV the entire game.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #103
WilbursHomie
Special Teams

I want to send a thank you letter to Jim Harbaugh for acting like he just lost his virginity after the 49ers beat Detroit. Even though it's was a minor altercation, the media eats that stuff up and it dominated headlines. I was prepared for the usual 30 minutes of Mike Vick praise and oral favors given by Tom and Boomer. Thank god for over zealous hand shakes.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #104
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yes, thank you. I was yelling at the TV the entire game.
yea it was really hard to watch in person... refs performing felacio to eagles was disgusting.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Last edited by Meks; 10-18-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #105
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
In the long run this will make the younger guys better players.
I'll leave that up to the coaches. But at some point they have to get these guys on the field. Maybe when we're out of playoff contention.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote