Vince Young overrated?

Thread Hell

Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
280 yards passing by collins, and a 4th quarter comeback with only 1 minute left. By some here, that means that Collins is the best ever. (of course we know otherwise)

When was the last time Young threw for 280 yards and scored 38 points in a game you ask????
Well the answer is NEVER. Young's career high is 249 yards, and has only thrown for 200 or more yards 4 times in 21 games.
Also, the titans have scored over 30 only 3 times in his 21 games, and the career high is 31 (twice).
Wow.
Yeah Collins is one hell of a field goal kicker. 42 pass attempts for 280 yards and no TDs isn't exactly jaw dropping
Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah Collins is one hell of a field goal kicker. 42 pass attempts for 280 yards and no TDs isn't exactly jaw dropping
LOL...280 yards is more than Young dreams about (as my other stats show if you read them).
He obviously got them in field goal range, more than Young can say since his career high is 31 points. Any way you slice it, Collins played better than Young's career bests.

Nice try SS, but that argument holds no water.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
280 yards passing by collins, and a 4th quarter comeback with only 1 minute left. By some here, that means that Collins is the best ever. (of course we know otherwise)

When was the last time Young threw for 280 yards and scored 38 points in a game you ask????
Well the answer is NEVER. Young's career high is 249 yards, and has only thrown for 200 or more yards 4 times in 21 games.
Also, the titans have scored over 30 only 3 times in his 21 games, and the career high is 31 (twice).
Wow.
How come you don't consider the 69 yards rushing (with a TD) that Vince had in addition to his 249 yard passing day? Or do you?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I definately disagree with Vince Young going to the Pro Bowl, but I think it's hard to measure his value solely by referencing his stats. Vince came up big in clutch situations and 99% of Titans fans will tell you as much. I know you don't care for the whole mobile-QB thing, but in VY's case, his arm and legs made plays when he needed to.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
MTK
\m/

I guess VY should just retire then.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Nothing like overreacting eh matty?

Even if you sucked at your job, if you were making millions, would you retire?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Nothing like overreacting eh matty?

Even if you sucked at your job, if you were making millions, would you retire?
Kinda seems like what you're doing here. You jumped on here like this last game proved that the Titans are better off without VY or something.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #8
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Kinda seems like what you're doing here. You jumped on here like this last game proved that the Titans are better off without VY or something.
You're right...I haven't been talking about this exact subject since last year or anything.

This last game is just more proof you choose to ignore.

If it walks like a duck...oh what's the point, you aren't capable of looking at this argument objectively.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
You're right...I haven't been talking about this exact subject since last year or anything.

This last game is just more proof you choose to ignore.

If it walks like a duck...oh what's the point, you aren't capable of looking at this argument objectively.
You think they should start Collins the rest of the way?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #10
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
If I were Tenn I'd trade him while people like you still thinks he can thrown and "win games" with his whopping 11-9 record. Then I'd go get a REAL Qb.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #11
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
If I were Tenn I'd trade him while people like you still thinks he can thrown and "win games" with his whopping 11-9 record. Then I'd go get a REAL Qb.
An 11-9 record for a rookie/2nd year QB on a team that was awful and doesn't have a loaded WR corps or a proven RB is pretty good.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
An 11-9 record for a rookie QB on a team that was awful and doesn't have a loaded WR corps or a proven RB is pretty good.
Just like Grossman going 13-3 and to the super bowl in his first starting GIG is pretty good too, but where did that get him?

All I ask is that in 5 years when Young's luster has worn off and he has won nothing, and everyone finally sees that he can't throw for shit, you remember that I was the only one that called it.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #13
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Just like Grossman going 13-3 and to the super bowl in his first starting GIG is pretty good too, but where did that get him?

All I ask is that in 5 years when Young's luster has worn off and he has won nothing, and everyone finally sees that he can't throw for shit, you remember that I was the only one that called it.
Why is it that you made excuses for Joey Harrington's failures (e.g., no one could be successful behind that line, with those wideouts), but you won't make similar excuses for Young? Young is arguably playing behind a line that isn't any better than Atlanta's, with RBs who aren't as good at Atlanta's, and with wideouts that no other club would want to have. Young is also a 2nd year QB. Yet, for some unknown reason, Vince Young stinks while Joey Harrington (a guy who's been dumped by 2 clubs and benched by the third) is a victim of circumstance.

In my opinion, Young isn't some stud QB, but he is certainly better than Harrington and he has shown signs of promise.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #14
TheBigD
Special Teams

Quote:

As I was watching CBS and saw that the Titans were about to kick the winning FG, I was laughing and thinking to myself, Jsarno is going to have a field day if Collins wins this game for them. Who knows, maybe you are right after all.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #15
djnemo65
Playmaker

Quote:
JSARNO, I think they should do a reality show where you become the GM of an NFL franchise. Seriously, I would pay anything to see that.