The re-sign Orakpo thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #91
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: The re-sign Orakpo thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
And who do suggest we replace him with? Did u see what happened after got hurt against the cowboys? No pass rush and DeMarco Murray scores. He is the Redskins best pass rusher.

Bob Saget obviously.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-06-2014, 04:45 AM   #92
delusional optimist
Camp Scrub

I agree that we shouldn't overpay but i think we should make him a fair offer and then the ball is in his court

The thing is he plays a position that is generally a highly payed position because edgerushers that can actually produce don't grow on trees. If we were to let him walk edge rusher becomes our number one need which we would probably have to overpay somebody to fill. See how that works? He's may not be in the elite class but he is well above average and i thought his play against the run and in coverage was much improved this year. Also if we change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 that could be a very good thing for his production. He has never been allowed to play a full time DE position in the NFL although when he was coming out in the draft most projected that to be his best position
delusional optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #93
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

ive heard Vincent Rey brought up already. ROLB.. solid upside player from cincy in fact he was very active in that last wildcard even.

if we did release Orakpo i wouldnt be completly pissed if we replaced him with Rey to save some cap for more roster balace. But of course i want Orakpo back hes breaching elite form and he missed our playoff run in `12. We need him back. Him and DHall. I hope Hall takes a nice deal but hes coming off two solid years. Oraks gonna be pursued if we release with no immediate resig. i could see like the patriots with him already hes a smart LB any coach would take him 3-4 4-3 he could fit
Old 01-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #94
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional optimist View Post
I agree that we shouldn't overpay but i think we should make him a fair offer and then the ball is in his court

The thing is he plays a position that is generally a highly payed position because edgerushers that can actually produce don't grow on trees. If we were to let him walk edge rusher becomes our number one need which we would probably have to overpay somebody to fill. See how that works? He's may not be in the elite class but he is well above average and i thought his play against the run and in coverage was much improved this year. Also if we change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 that could be a very good thing for his production. He has never been allowed to play a full time DE position in the NFL although when he was coming out in the draft most projected that to be his best position
i agree with all this.

imo it all depends on how much rak is looking for and how interested he is in testing FA.

if i was a player id want to test FA.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote