Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Official 2013 NCAA College Football Thread

Other Sports

Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #91
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: Official 2013 NCAA College Football Thread

So apparently kids at USC are making calls acting as USCs AD to tony Dungy and Jack Del Rio asking them to be their head coach. At least they're going after good candidates!

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #92
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Source: Tennessee Volunteers to play Virginia Tech Hokies at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016 - ESPN

should b cool

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #93
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So apparently kids at USC are making calls acting as USCs AD to tony Dungy and Jack Del Rio asking them to be their head coach. At least they're going after good candidates!
Hey, our school's next to Hollywood... gotta keep those acting chops in shape!

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #94
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #95
SirLK26
The Starter

Fans can buy Johnny Manziel-trodden turf from Texas A&M - NFL.com

The excitement surrounding Manziel is just ridiculous, and this takes it to a new level. Sure, he's fun to watch on the field, but he's a f****** prick off of it. People say RG3 is an attention whore, but he's nothing compared to this kid. Murray, Boyd, Bridgewater, and McCarron are all quarterbacks I would draft before Manziel. It's not just his antics off the field, but I"m not sure his style of play will carry him in the NFL. Right now he has a huge athletic advantage over most defenses, but the talent level will be much closer in the pros. I don't know; I guess in a few years we'll see.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #96
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Fans can buy Johnny Manziel-trodden turf from Texas A&M - NFL.com

The excitement surrounding Manziel is just ridiculous, and this takes it to a new level. Sure, he's fun to watch on the field, but he's a f****** prick off of it. People say RG3 is an attention whore, but he's nothing compared to this kid. Murray, Boyd, Bridgewater, and McCarron are all quarterbacks I would draft before Manziel. It's not just his antics off the field, but I"m not sure his style of play will carry him in the NFL. Right now he has a huge athletic advantage over most defenses, but the talent level will be much closer in the pros. I don't know; I guess in a few years we'll see.
Johnny's going to be reallll interesting to follow when he heads to the NFL. I would just say, if I'm an NFL GM, and McCarron, Bridgewater, are off the board...well as Jack Nicholson says..."Heeeerrrrreeessss Johnny!" He makes plays, he is very elusive; more so than Griffin and Wilson. He has a capable arm for the league (similar to Jeff Garcia). He just has that..It factor...

And he'll be either a Cowboy, Texan or Eagle next year.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #97
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Johnny's going to be reallll interesting to follow when he heads to the NFL. I would just say, if I'm an NFL GM, and McCarron, Bridgewater, are off the board...well as Jack Nicholson says..."Heeeerrrrreeessss Johnny!" He makes plays, he is very elusive; more so than Griffin and Wilson. He has a capable arm for the league (similar to Jeff Garcia). He just has that..It factor...

And he'll be either a Cowboy, Texan or Eagle next year.
In other words, you think he won't stick around A&M for his junior year, and you also think he won't be the first overall pick? Who goes ahead of him?

I think he's going to be long gone by the time Houston or Dallas pick, and they've both got good quarterbacks, anyway; in Houston's case three of them. Philadelphia or Minnesota are the two most likely landing places for him, in my opinion. I think Minnesota's finally realizing that Ponder isn't their man; personally, I think that's where he goes. Manziel at Philadelphia would be scary if he pans out. Our tacklers against that little bloke would be embarrassing.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #98
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

3 good games Today
Old 10-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #99
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
3 good games Today
That's right! And one very important game for a certain coach who will go unnamed.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #100
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
In other words, you think he won't stick around A&M for his junior year, and you also think he won't be the first overall pick? Who goes ahead of him?

I think he's going to be long gone by the time Houston or Dallas pick, and they've both got good quarterbacks, anyway; in Houston's case three of them. Philadelphia or Minnesota are the two most likely landing places for him, in my opinion. I think Minnesota's finally realizing that Ponder isn't their man; personally, I think that's where he goes. Manziel at Philadelphia would be scary if he pans out. Our tacklers against that little bloke would be embarrassing.
No I don't see him staying at A&M next year, he declares after this season.

I don't think he'll be the first overall pick, I think he'll be a first rounder though.

Yeah, Minnesota is another team, but I think Leslie Frazier wouldn't want him. I think theres a 50% chance he's in the NFC East next year.

On a CFB note, I hate that Texas beat OU because thats the kind of win that keeps Mack Brown around.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #101
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Texas deserved it today .
Old 10-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #102
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

They did. Just didn't like that it came in a meaningful rivalry game as opposed to a regular opponent like Kansas state.

Also Clemson is sucking against BC and Baylor isn't doing that good against K State and Oregon Washington has been pretty good. Some hot cheerleaders at UW.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #103
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
They did. Just didn't like that it came in a meaningful rivalry game as opposed to a regular opponent like Kansas state.

Also Clemson is sucking against BC and Baylor isn't doing that good against K State and Oregon Washington has been pretty good. Some hot cheerleaders at UW.
A lot of people think that Baylor is the best team in the Big 12. I don't agree with that. In my opinion it's Texas Tech or Texas. Kliff Kingsbury and Texas Tech are doing incredible right now, and if Texas can continue their pounding running attack when Ash returns, they'll be a legit force too. Of course, you can never count out the Sooners.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #104
SirLK26
The Starter

Jadeveon Clowney makes just one tackle against Razorbacks - NFL.com
Old 10-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #105
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Baylor is the best