Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #92
HoustonSkinsFan
Camp Scrub

Talking Re: World Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I back the USA ,I would love for them to move on but without Altidore and Dempsey playing with a broken face and while I think he has done ok Bradley I don't think can handle Germany, I just can't see it .If the USA keeps it to 2-0 for Germany it will be amazing.
Agreed, Germany is very good. I'm confident for two reasons, though. One, the US has looked great, despite their best player (Bradley) having a mediocre performance against Ghana, and although better, nowhere near his best against Portugal. Other players have stepped up big time, like Jermaine Jones. I'm not worried about Dempsry at all, he's good for two or three great chances per game, hopefully one finds the back of the net.

Two, Germany has no incentive to play hard against the US, as they win the group with a draw. They'll likely play a very conservative game, playing for the draw. And I wouldn't be surprised if their best striker (Mueller) sits out for this one, after that shot to the face he took against Ghana.

Either way, #IBelieve!
HoustonSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #93
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: World Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSkinsFan View Post
Why will Portugal be short handed? I must've missed something. Other than injuries they already have. They'll get Pepe back as well, but he's a knucklehead.

My earlier post I meant Muntari (not Mubhari, brain fart), who has been suspended and sent home along with Kevin Prince-Boateng. Interesting development, and I like Portugal there. Hopefully Ghana has enough pride to keep it close, but Muntari was a huge part of the draw against Germany.

The X factor is Ghana boycotting the match, and who knows what happens then! I doubt that will happen though.
Fabio Coentrao, Helder Postiga, and Hugo Almeida are all out for Portugal. When I made the statement, Boateng, Muntari suspensions hadn't occurred yet. It's probably a more even match now and even slightly in Portugal's favor.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #94
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
BBC Sport - World Cup 2014: Boateng and Muntari expelled by Ghana

Don't see this often, but it hurts their slim chances of advancing.

Also, your excused absence for the game today.

hmmm, FIFA and the international soccer governing body as a whole is recognized by a wide margin as the most corrupt in the world. I wouldnt put it past them to use every opportunity to get the USA into the next round. Dont like it

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #95
HoustonSkinsFan
Camp Scrub

Holy crap, two feet of water in the streets of Recife. Could be an empty stadium. Also, rainy conditions lend themselves to more conservative play... Looking more and more like a draw to me.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #96
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
hmmm, FIFA and the international soccer governing body as a whole is recognized by a wide margin as the most corrupt in the world. I wouldnt put it past them to use every opportunity to get the USA into the next round. Dont like it
FIFA isn't the one that suspended the Ghana players, it was their own soccer association that suspended them. They have some serious issues going on internally right now.

Ghana Sends Plane Carrying $3 Million+ In Cash to Prevent Forfeit Against Portugal in World Cup | World Soccer Talk
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #97
HoustonSkinsFan
Camp Scrub

What would a forfeit do for Portugal? Just three points? It would pretty much eliminate them, right? They'd have to hope for a German 5-goal blowout of the US.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #98
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

BBC Sport - Luis Suarez bite: Uruguay striker banned for four months

Adios Louis Suarez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSkinsFan View Post
What would a forfeit do for Portugal? Just three points? It would pretty much eliminate them, right? They'd have to hope for a German 5-goal blowout of the US.
Correct. However, Ghana isn't going to forfeit since the cash arrived.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #99
Ruhskins
Living Legend

R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #100
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

give me the early analysis...whats going on with this game

He Gets Us
Old 06-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #101
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Germany is kicking our ass. Lucky to only be down 1
Old 06-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #102
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Germany is kicking our ass. Lucky to only be down 1
yeah thats what i heard

pretty much we look like a bunch of scared bitches, that what my cousin said watching it at home

He Gets Us
Old 06-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #103
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
yeah thats what i heard

pretty much we look like a bunch of scared bitches, that what my cousin said watching it at home
No ball control. Shitty passing. Howard is carrying this team.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #104
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
No ball control. Shitty passing. Howard is carrying this team.
2 shots on goal? thats pathetic

He Gets Us
Old 06-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #105
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
2 shots on goal? thats pathetic

They doubled their output in the last minute of the game to end up with 4 shots on goal. This is by far the worst game they've played so far. The looked like a bunch of scrubs out there for the most part. The only person that looked like he belonged on the pitch was Tim Howard. Dreadful performance and we are very fortunate it wasn't 5-0. They still have no sense of passing or controlling the ball. Very amateurish.

Time of possession:

US- 33%
Germany - 67%

Also of note, the refs were dreadful the 2nd half.

Also, we need to praise Ghana's goal keeper because he stopped Ronaldo on quite a few shots that normally would have been good.