On to the Vikings (Pregame)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #91
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: On to the Vikings (Pregame)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
Skol and hail to you Redskins fans---Vikes fan here.

This is a big game, and you all seem like respectable NFL fans, so I thought I'd hop on and give you one Vikings fan's opinion on our match-up. I went and watched all 8 of the Redskins games to see exactly what we are dealing with and here is what I saw from an outsider's perspective, and obviously you know more about this than me, but....

-Your defense seems solid and a bit under-rated to me. Capable of bringing lots of pressure, and your DB's play the ball well and make some real nice pass deflections. Swearinger is high risk/reward in coverage.
-Kirk Cousins looks to be hot and cold, but able to turn it up in the clutch moments. His cold moments look to be due to an injured O-line.
-You don't need reminding, but the O-line is hurt. Still, get rid of T.J Clemmings. He'll probably end up getting KC hurt. If Ty Nhseke comes back that will be a big boost. He really held his own against Griff last year.
-The running game is...not there. Except for a dynamic Chris Thompson, who has done damage in the screen game. The WR's appear good, but nothing amazing.

Some Vikings insight.

-The Vikings have killed opponents run games (except oddly enough, the lions game) and have done awesome against the screen. This is not good for Thompson on paper. The Vikes feast when the enemy is one-dimensional.
-Our D is lights out so far and is great on 3rd down. That being said, I feel we must create turnovers and maybe even get our first defensive TD of the season to win this game. We lost against the Lions and while our D played great, they also dropped 4 interceptions. Even if we hold you to a low point total, if we don't capitalize on those moments, I like your chances, because our O will probably need some help from them on Sunday.
-Do not sleep on Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, but the rest of the corp is nothing to be afraid of. These guys are very good route runners and have good chemistry with CK. Diggs runs 60% of his routes from the right side, and I believe that is where Norman plays, correct? Norman can stick him, so Thielen will probably be the go-to guy. So far nobody has really been able to shut him down completely. He's a chain-mover.
-Our O-line is much, MUCH improved over last years atrocity, but will be tested against you guys. Our RT is out and the original starting LG is coming back from injury, but this hurts us imo cuz I would actually rather stick with the backup LG. Case surprisingly has been pretty savvy in the pocket, but does not see the field well. Missed some TD opportunities.

Bottom Line: Despite the records, I see this as an even match-up and honestly think the Skins are a team that really can play a tight game with just about anyone in the NFL. They scare me more than the Lions who beat us. Punters pinning the opposition in the their own 10 will be HUGE for both sides. A punt coverage mishap might give either O enough life to take control. I would not be surprised if either team wins, but do think this game will be close all the way through.

My Prediction: Vikings 20 (1 offensive TD, 1 defensive) Redskins 16. Redskins look dead, stuck on their own 4 yard line to start the drive with 1:01 left in the game and 1 TO. But some KC magic later and the Redskins are inside the redzone looking to score. Then Everson Griffin gets his first sack of the game pushing the Skins back to the 17 yard line. With no TO they hustle to the line to spike the ball with 1 second on the clock, but the snap is accidentally fumbled on the exchange! KC picks it up and has to improvise on the fly, throwing it to Josh Doctson covered by Xavier Rhodes in the left corner of the endzone......where it floats just a little high and harmlessly out of bounds.

Respect and stay healthy. Skol

PS I'm glad we don't have Blair Walsh missing kicks for us anymore, thanks for Forbath
Welcome to the warpath. Good analysis. Sounds pretty spot on to me. It should be another hard fought relatively low scoring game. Looking for a fun watchable game.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #92
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Also thank you for not being a dingleberry like the influx of eagles fans we had. Typical philly.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #93
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We should revisit the Manusky hire thread for some good laughs
Yeah, I believe I was the only one who wanted him hired while everyone else wanted uncle Wade.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #94
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We should revisit the Manusky hire thread for some good laughs
Tomsula and gray...big impacts as well.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:33 AM   #95
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

I will gladly admit I was wrong about promoting Manusky. Looking over his history he was mediocre at best so I didn't see the logic in giving him the DC gig. Not to mention Jay's record of hires at the position left a lot to be desired. Guess this go around third time was the charm.
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:08 AM   #96
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post
I will gladly admit I was wrong about promoting Manusky. Looking over his history he was mediocre at best so I didn't see the logic in giving him the DC gig. Not to mention Jay's record of hires at the position left a lot to be desired. Guess this go around third time was the charm.
I’m with u...one thing overlooked is manusky had the advantage of knowing these guys for one year as a position coach so he had repport with many.

He Gets Us
Old 11-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #97
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins tight end Jordan Reed (hamstring) won't play Sunday per source but Trent Williams (knee) remains a game-time decision.

Fuckin Reed is out...silverback is game time decision

He Gets Us
Old 11-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #98
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Reed out Tw in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #99
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I'm a bit scared about putting Trent back on the field. Protecting KC is key, he can't keep getting battered like last week. But I'd have felt better with Nsekhe in and TW into surgery.
Hell... I'm no doc.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #100
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Its getting to the point where its time to draft another tight end and move on from Reed. Go with rookie and Sprinkle and hang on to Davis as long as he can make it. Reed takes a lot of cap space and never plays.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #101
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post
He has always been a solid DC, starting in SF. He lacked the talent that he has in Washington in other places besides SF. What I’ve always liked about him is his aggressive style, in SF the offense sucked meaning the D was always on the field.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #102
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Welcome to the warpath. Good analysis. Sounds pretty spot on to me. It should be another hard fought relatively low scoring game. Looking for a fun watchable game.

I agree. Quality post from the Norseman. And should be a good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #103
calia
Playmaker

Wow. Everson Griffen a surprise inactive. I never celebrate any team’s injuries but that is a relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk