Government shutdown 2018

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #91
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Government shutdown 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Have you seen a pay increase personally?
I work for scrooge mcduck . No but honestly, my employer and I have an agreed upon structure that has worked for us both for the past few years. I am nosy to see the tax difference come 1 Feb, or whenever the IRS publishes the new guidelines.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #92
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I work for scrooge mcduck . No but honestly, my employer and I have an agreed upon structure that has worked for us both for the past few years. I am nosy to see the tax difference come 1 Feb, or whenever the IRS publishes the new guidelines.

I added to my post
I am no economist but dont be fooled by a published guideline - my spidey senses tell me that within the next several years - the difference in class will be even more pronounced and that just doesn’t bode well for anyone who is not a millionaire already.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #93
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I added to my post
I am no economist but dont be fooled by a published guideline - my spidey senses tell me that within the next several years - the difference in class will be even more pronounced and that just doesn’t bode well for anyone who is not a millionaire already.
for what it's worth, I'd be ok with a billionaire tax that was a direct redistribution. Meaning every billionaire had a straight 20% tax that went to those making in the bottom 15-25%, no conditions, no governmental rules, just a straight redistribution.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:41 PM   #94
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
for what it's worth, I'd be ok with a billionaire tax that was a direct redistribution. Meaning every billionaire had a straight 20% tax that went to those making in the bottom 15-25%, no conditions, no governmental rules, just a straight redistribution.

Of course. That is a game changer. It also is not at all what is going on unfortunately.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #95
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Of course. That is a game changer. It also is not at all what is going on unfortunately.
yeah, I'm obviously not much of a globalist, in case you had any doubts LOL, but if the worlds billionaires were forced/required to "tithe" to the poorest humans the world would be a tremendously different place.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:00 PM   #96
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
yeah, I'm obviously not much of a globalist, in case you had any doubts LOL, but if the worlds billionaires were forced/required to "tithe" to the poorest humans the world would be a tremendously different place.

Chances are most of them stepped all over the poor, whether directly or indirectly, to get there anyway. Or they were born into it. Or both. Like Trump.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #97
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
List me the benefits Russia and the Russian Gov't have received due to the Trump administration.
Aren't talks in the works to let Exxon go drilling in the northern Russia arctic lands? I'm a little hazy on the details but I remember something about sanctions holding them up, but IIRC Trump/co. are/were trying to get rid of the sanctions?
Old 01-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #98
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Aren't talks in the works to let Exxon go drilling in the northern Russia arctic lands? I'm a little hazy on the details but I remember something about sanctions holding them up, but IIRC Trump/co. are/were trying to get rid of the sanctions?
Trump denies Exxon permission to drill for oil in Russia - Apr. 21, 2017
Old 01-23-2018, 08:38 PM   #99
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

When you really pay attention to the facts the connections run so deep it becomes painfully obvious. But since the fake news bullshit has caught fire anything can simply be dismissed. Even if there is legit proof. His base wouldn’t mind if he gunned someone down on fifth avenue right? He is just barking at the moon but Mueller knows everything we do and more. We got another few weeks until it all comes out in the wash. But Trump knows that his base will believe him regardless of fake proof. The proof needs proof and that proof needs proof. He has them all primed with his fake news and witch hunt bologna. There is absolutely no doubt that the Russians wanted him elected. And there is no doubt he and his entire posse were all for it. One is a coffee boy. One he hardly knew. Is it really just coincidence that pretty much everyone in the posse has either lied about contacts with russia? No sanctions. Kushner has major ties. His whole family did. Trump was doing business with every Russian banker and has the balls to say he has no interests in Russia? The facts are all out there.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 PM   #100
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
When you really pay attention to the facts the connections run so deep it becomes painfully obvious. But since the fake news bullshit has caught fire anything can simply be dismissed. Even if there is legit proof. His base wouldn’t mind if he gunned someone down on fifth avenue right? He is just barking at the moon but Mueller knows everything we do and more. We got another few weeks until it all comes out in the wash. But Trump knows that his base will believe him regardless of fake proof. The proof needs proof and that proof needs proof. He has them all primed with his fake news and witch hunt bologna. There is absolutely no doubt that the Russians wanted him elected. And there is no doubt he and his entire posse were all for it. One is a coffee boy. One he hardly knew. Is it really just coincidence that pretty much everyone in the posse has either lied about contacts with russia? No sanctions. Kushner has major ties. His whole family did. Trump was doing business with every Russian banker and has the balls to say he has no interests in Russia? The facts are all out there.
When these probes reach their final resolution one side or both are going to implode. I think you are correct that at this point Mueller's probe is seen by Trump supporters as tainted beyond repair, I certainly do. Likewise those who hold your viewpoint of Trump would not accept it if the investigation somehow ended with no indictment of Trump or his inner circle.

No matter what outcome there likely will be serious consequences from the masses. I am talking about riots, and serious civil unrest.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:04 AM   #101
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

That's good enough for me. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:28 AM   #102
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
List me the benefits Russia and the Russian Gov't have received due to the Trump administration.
I don't know if these are benefits?

Newest Additions to Our Trump-Russia Timeline
Old 01-24-2018, 05:41 AM   #103
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
That's good enough for me. Thanks.

CRedskinsRule is right and here is another article that's pretty good.

Russia oil sanctions impact on Exxon deal - Business Insider
Old 01-24-2018, 06:40 AM   #104
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I don't know if these are benefits?

Newest Additions to Our Trump-Russia Timeline
The struggle to find even a hint of softening of policy toward Russia is evidence enough...in fact the administration has actually made it extremely hard on Russia and their allies. Trump bombed Syria with Russian troops in the area, the administration recently sold anti tank weapon systems to the Ukraine, and the administration has pressured Iran repeatedly a Russian ally in the Middle East...

Sanctions have continued against Russia. The approach with Russia has been much stronger than the previous administration which had their ass handed to them repeatedly. In fact, the previous administration did vey little to stop the meddling in the 2016 elections.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #105
Giantone
Gamebreaker

LOL, no trump has tried to make it easier.
Timeline of Trump's delays on Russia sanctions - ABC News

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ssia-sanctions

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...sanctions-veto

White House facing scrutiny for Russia sanctions delay - CNNPolitics