The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-18-2022, 11:21 AM   #1021
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
All this trouble because you nut jobs believe Mary was a virgin and Jesus was a white man.
Santa isn't real either you dopes!
Wait , what??? WTF!!! I bet you go to little kids birthday parties and blow out the candles on the cake!

Advertisements
Old 07-18-2022, 02:31 PM   #1022
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
All this trouble because you nut jobs believe Mary was a virgin and Jesus was a white man.
Santa isn't real either you dopes!
Preach .... christian religion now being used to govern our country is so fucked up.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 02:32 PM   #1023
MTK
\m/

Fairy tales and legends.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:11 PM   #1024
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm definitely pro-freedom of religion, I really want to turn the US into a religious state that follows the 7 fundamental tenets of The Satanic Temple. So thanks SCOTUS for finally empowering us religious types.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:24 PM   #1025
nonniey
The Starter

Atheists can be and often are as fanatical as even the most fanatical religious person. Better to be an agnostic, no fanaticism there.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 08:00 PM   #1026
nonniey
The Starter

"Democrats’ bad policies are responsible for today’s historic inflation"

"........Exhibit A: Trillions of dollars in reckless spending in 2021 when the economy was recovering led to too many dollars chasing too few goods. Exhibit B: The numerous government programs such as expanded unemployment insurance through most of 2021 that encouraged Americans not to work, reducing labor supply and pushing up costs.

Exhibit C: Radical green energy policies downstream from Biden’s “guarantee” on the campaign trail “to end fossil fuel” that reduced supply and drove up gas prices. Exhibit D: Support for easy money and Modern Monetary Theory policy that led to a historic expansion of the money supply and devalued the dollar......"

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...ric-inflation/
Old 07-18-2022, 08:54 PM   #1027
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
"Democrats’ bad policies are responsible for today’s historic inflation"

"........Exhibit A: Trillions of dollars in reckless spending in 2021 when the economy was recovering led to too many dollars chasing too few goods. Exhibit B: The numerous government programs such as expanded unemployment insurance through most of 2021 that encouraged Americans not to work, reducing labor supply and pushing up costs.

Exhibit C: Radical green energy policies downstream from Biden’s “guarantee” on the campaign trail “to end fossil fuel” that reduced supply and drove up gas prices. Exhibit D: Support for easy money and Modern Monetary Theory policy that led to a historic expansion of the money supply and devalued the dollar......"

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...ric-inflation/
JHC! A) You do realize the republicans also had spending plans
B) AGAIN plans that were put into place to help Americans during a World Wide Pandemic shut down. But I get it the righteous right says to hell with working Americans.
C) LOL, so Biden made good on a campaign promise and it pissed big energy off, FT. He told people he would do exactly what he did, unlike trump he didn't lie.
D) LOL, that is just BS.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:51 AM   #1028
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Seriously chico ,Cred,SDSkins. How in the hell can you back a moron like this?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...po-nyt-awards/

Pulitzers rejects Trump demand to revoke WaPo, NYT awards

The Pulitzer board commissioned a review of the winning works, but found no reason to pull back the awards.

“The separate reviews converged in their conclusions: that no passages or headlines, contentions or assertions in any of the winning submissions were discredited by facts that emerged subsequent to the conferral of the prizes,” the board said in a statement.

“The 2018 Pulitzer Prizes in National Reporting stand,” the statement continued.

The board said the review followed an established, formal process to review complaints against winning entries.

Trump has pressed for the Pulitzers to be revoked since October, labeling the winning stories “totally incorrect reporting” that “have become worthless and meaningless.”

The board said the requests from Trump and others, who they did not name, prompted the reviews, which were conducted by individuals with no connection to the two papers or each other.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:48 AM   #1029
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Seriously chico ,Cred,SDSkins. How in the hell can you back a moron like this?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...po-nyt-awards/

Pulitzers rejects Trump demand to revoke WaPo, NYT awards

The Pulitzer board commissioned a review of the winning works, but found no reason to pull back the awards.

“The separate reviews converged in their conclusions: that no passages or headlines, contentions or assertions in any of the winning submissions were discredited by facts that emerged subsequent to the conferral of the prizes,” the board said in a statement.

“The 2018 Pulitzer Prizes in National Reporting stand,” the statement continued.

The board said the review followed an established, formal process to review complaints against winning entries.

Trump has pressed for the Pulitzers to be revoked since October, labeling the winning stories “totally incorrect reporting” that “have become worthless and meaningless.”

The board said the requests from Trump and others, who they did not name, prompted the reviews, which were conducted by individuals with no connection to the two papers or each other.
Not surprising as there are even worse awards that the board refuses to rescind (NYT's Duranty award is the top example of an egregious award that absolutely should have been rescinded - and the NYT still proudly claims that one in their stats). Oh and Trump wasn't the only one calling for those awards to be rescinded - Journalists from every side of the spectrum were.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:03 PM   #1030
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not surprising as there are even worse awards that the board refuses to rescind (NYT's Duranty award is the top example of an egregious award that absolutely should have been rescinded - and the NYT still proudly claims that one in their stats). Oh and Trump wasn't the only one calling for those awards to be rescinded - Journalists from every side of the spectrum were.
I know that but you have to acknowledge they reviewed it and still gave the finger to trump and the other liars.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #1031
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
I know that but you have to acknowledge they reviewed it and still gave the finger to trump and the other liars.
Oh he is definitely a liar for the ages, but he wasn't lying on this issue. I still think that refusing to correct/rescind awards given for stories that were based on bad info or lies just further damages the press's reputation (and it already has dug itself to lowest point it has ever been. It needs to stop digging).
Old 07-19-2022, 03:31 PM   #1032
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Lol…as we know, there wasn’t any Russian collusion, the Steele dos was false and the liars were anyone in congress who claimed to had seen evidence trump colluded with russia.

We know from recent testimony that this was just Democrat oppo and the FBI review it and said there was no evidence long before Mueller came along.

The problem is this, if you are a respectable news organization you are suppose to present the facts and investigate the evidence. The NYT did not…only after the Muller report was released did they admit the Steele Dos was discredited

The NYT pushed a conspiracy theory and false narratives that aligned with their political biased simply because they didn’t like Trump.

Folks actually still believe this Russian collusion nonsense, which is the biggest disinformation political campaign of my lifetime.

And media wonders why we don’t believe them or why our faith in institutions are failing to record lows.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:34 PM   #1033
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol…as we know, there wasn’t any Russian collusion, the Steele dos was false and the liars were anyone in congress who claimed to had seen evidence trump colluded with russia.

We know from recent testimony that this was just Democrat oppo and the FBI review it and said there was no evidence long before Mueller came along.

The problem is this, if you are a respectable news organization you are suppose to present the facts and investigate the evidence. The NYT did not…only after the Muller report was released did they admit the Steele Dos was discredited

The NYT pushed a conspiracy theory and false narratives that aligned with their political biased simply because they didn’t like Trump.

Folks actually still believe this Russian collusion nonsense, which is the biggest disinformation political campaign of my lifetime.

And media wonders why we don’t believe them or why our faith in institutions are failing to record lows.
LOL I love how you play the "collusion" BS . Mueller proved Russia intervened on trumps behalf and it was his kids that were the middle men Barr just wouldn't indicted.

What's this we shit??? .............you keep proving you know shit!
Old 07-19-2022, 06:38 PM   #1034
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Oh he is definitely a liar for the ages, but he wasn't lying on this issue. I still think that refusing to correct/rescind awards given for stories that were based on bad info or lies just further damages the press's reputation (and it already has dug itself to lowest point it has ever been. It needs to stop digging).
People who aren't in the industry need to stay out of things they don't know anything about and that includes telling them who should and should not get an award.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:38 PM   #1035
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL I love how you play the "collusion" BS . Mueller proved Russia intervened on trumps behalf and it was his kids that were the middle men Barr just wouldn't indicted.

What's this we shit??? .............you keep proving you know shit!
Lol…what? No Mueller didn’t …..and kids were middle man? What are you talking about?

G1, I sometimes picture you as the My Pillow Guy, but with the complete opposite behavior…Bizzaro My Pillow Guy. Instead of endearing love of Trump, you have complete disgust and hate. Instead of My Pillow, you have My Bedpan.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote