Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-13-2022, 02:32 PM   #1006
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

segregation was wrong, the SC reversed itself and corrected a moral error. abortion for abortion sake is wrong, the SC reversed itself and corrected a moral error. I hope one day these justices will be seen in the same light as Thurgood Marshall, and that the US will once again extol the sanctity of life.

one other truth, 50 years ago options and education around safe sex, choice, and day after pills were non-existent. It is a good thing that these things are far more available today.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2022, 03:16 PM   #1007
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
segregation was wrong, the SC reversed itself and corrected a moral error. abortion for abortion sake is wrong, the SC reversed itself and corrected a moral error. I hope one day these justices will be seen in the same light as Thurgood Marshall, and that the US will once again extol the sanctity of life.

one other truth, 50 years ago options and education around safe sex, choice, and day after pills were non-existent. It is a good thing that these things are far more available today.
The Justice's you're so proud of want to get rid of those things too.
Old 07-13-2022, 03:18 PM   #1008
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Keep Ignoring it chico!

They Lied!
Old 07-14-2022, 08:27 PM   #1009
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
The Justice's you're so proud of want to get rid of those things too.
That's next on the agenda and Cred wants to act like it's about the sanctity of life lol.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:55 PM   #1010
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
That's next on the agenda and Cred wants to act like it's about the sanctity of life lol.
For me, and I believe most who are against abortion as a sanctified right, is that it is a sanctity of life issue. Sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda or view of my beliefs.

But even outside of the sanctity of life issue. The Constitution was written to establish a government that was responsive at the lowest level. The Federal government was supposed to handle cooperation between the independent states, we have certainly grown beyond that, but at some level the 10th amendment still exists:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Abortion, condoms, etc, those are state level issues, they should not be federally mandated. Not as our constitution is written at least.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:24 PM   #1011
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
For me, and I believe most who are against abortion as a sanctified right, is that it is a sanctity of life issue. Sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda or view of my beliefs.

But even outside of the sanctity of life issue. The Constitution was written to establish a government that was responsive at the lowest level. The Federal government was supposed to handle cooperation between the independent states, we have certainly grown beyond that, but at some level the 10th amendment still exists:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Abortion, condoms, etc, those are state level issues, they should not be federally mandated. Not as our constitution is written at least.
Cool story bro.

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-push-na...licans-1724909
Old 07-15-2022, 07:07 PM   #1012
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Pretty cool your President fist bumping MBS the Saudi Prince these days, begging a like a whore for oil while refusing to increase supply here.

I guess you aren’t gonna throw the same fit in here about Kashoggi either. Adults back in the room!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:16 PM   #1013
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Pretty cool your President fist bumping MBS the Saudi Prince these days, begging a like a whore for oil while refusing to increase supply here.

I guess you aren’t gonna throw the same fit in here about Kashoggi either. Adults back in the room!
Cool story bro.

Sounds like the beginning of some US-Saudi fanfic.

Biden lowered himself gently to his knees in a private meeting with MBS. MBS motioned him forward, then softly whispered in his ear, "how bad do you want this oil sweetheart?"
Old 07-16-2022, 08:26 AM   #1014
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

chico this is why you're not taken seriously. You think this meeting is all about Oil. STFU

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...rael-rcna38168

Biden tells Middle East leaders the U.S. 'is not going anywhere'
The president said the United States would continue to be engaged in the region as it looks to prevent Russia and China from taking a bigger foothold.

“We will not walk away to leave a vacuum to be filled by China, Russia or Iran. We will seek to build on this moment with active, principled American leadership," he said.
Old 07-16-2022, 10:43 PM   #1015
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
from your article
Quote:
Justice Samuel Alito, in his majority opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization, wrote that the Court's decision would allow "each State to regulate abortion as its citizens wish."
There is no national mandate on banning abortion, I think the election will be interesting to see if there is a national mandate on making abortion legal. I don't think it is surprising that some members of the house are going to have the most extreme view on either side, I certainly would not expect the house after this election to have a strong enough majority to vote for a national abortion ban. It may be a strong enough issue to give the pro-abortion lobby. I doubt either side would make it through the senate regardless of which party is in control.

Therefore, each state will now have the right and ability to listen to it's population as they vote. I know Virginia's ads have a strong abortion message (both sides).
Old 07-17-2022, 05:26 AM   #1016
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

As long as you're the one to determine the life , right? The fetus over the Mother at all cost!
Old 07-17-2022, 06:59 PM   #1017
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
As long as you're the one to determine the life , right? The fetus over the Mother at all cost!
Except that isn't what he is saying. Even the most extreme state proposal isn't banning abortion at any point in pregnancy when the life or serious physical risk to the mother is at stake. We are 50 years behind the rest of the developed world because of Roe so it is going to take a while for the US to come to the consensus that Roe prevented.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:08 PM   #1018
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Except that isn't what he is saying. Even the most extreme state proposal isn't banning abortion at any point in pregnancy when the life or serious physical risk to the mother is at stake. We are 50 years behind the rest of the developed world because of Roe so it is going to take a while for the US to come to the consensus that Roe prevented.
No , that's exactly what they want!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...itically-risky

Oklahoma has passed three laws restricting abortion. The latest one, signed by the governor Wednesday, bans abortion beginning at fertilization, which would, at least in theory, ban both in vitro fertilization and many forms of hormonal birth control. (The Oklahoma bill's sponsor says that is not the law's intent.)

During debate in the Oklahoma Senate on the strictest of the bans, Republican Sen. Warren Hamilton said he did not think the measure went far enough because it allowed abortions in the case of an ectopic pregnancy, a life-threatening medical emergency in which an embryo is growing outside the uterus.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:37 AM   #1019
Giantone
Gamebreaker

To add They're NOT DONE YET!

https://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-targ...002403586.html

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz said plainly that he believes the Supreme Court should overturn the landmark decision that established marriage equality in all 50 states.

On his podcast Verdict With Ted Cruz, the Texas Republican discussed the potential of overturning Obergefell v. Hodges, the 2015 Supreme Court decision that established states cannot deny same-sex couples the right to marry.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:49 AM   #1020
jamf
Pro Bowl

All this trouble because you nut jobs believe Mary was a virgin and Jesus was a white man.
Santa isn't real either you dopes!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote