2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-02-2022, 01:53 PM   #1006
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
People are getting hyped over these OTA practices. But good to see that Samuel is 100%. The media is gushing over the offense already. SMH...
From a source I trust, Michael Phillips, has stated the offense looks good. Wentz is spinning it!

I’m thinking of a Jersey buy…

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2022, 01:56 PM   #1007
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
From a source I trust, Michael Phillips, has stated the offense looks good. Wentz is spinning it!

Get that jersey insurance.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:53 PM   #1008
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Don't do it..lol
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:59 PM   #1009
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm pretty sure Terry's people would not have taken any deal right after the end of the season.

I think a lot of you need to listen to Andrew Brandt's podcast. His famous saying is "deadlines spur action." In these negotiations, unless one party is willing to make major concessions to the other, a deal is not going to be made until a deadline. Which for this situation is going to be right before training camp.

That being said, I understand the skepticism from the fanbase. Especially since this is the most no brainer re-signing that the team has ever had in a long time.

I just hope that when that deadline comes, the team doesn't get too cute and end up losing Terry.
Ok then do it before the end of the season. Beginning of the 2021 season. If this is everything I need and want in a player then there is no reason to string it out.

Your A list players need to have deals done long before you get to franchise tag mode. We don't have a lot of those kind of guys but #17 is one of them.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:47 PM   #1010
nonniey
The Starter

Talking Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Quote:
Should have got a deal done right after the season. You know who you got in Terry, no reason to keep waiting. They're handling this the wrong way.

Can't blame them for following the franchise's business rules/model.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:48 PM   #1011
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Aka, the Redskins, WFT, Commanders, Snyder standard mode of operations.
Beat me to it I see.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:49 PM   #1012
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Don't do it..lol
Never buy a jersey of anyone that plays currently is my motto.

Go for a retired great. Those are much more likely to end up being worth the investment.

Although, if we extend McLaurin, I'll likely break my own code. But he would be a great candidate for my 1st NFL jersey purchase.

Note - I have never really bought jerseys in general anyways. But I bought 2 OKC Durant jerseys that both ended up being donated to Goodwill. I said I'd never buy another current player jersey ever.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:50 PM   #1013
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Buying team merchandise just makes you a Snyder enabler (Yeah I know just watching them does as well so most of us are guilty).
Old 06-02-2022, 10:53 PM   #1014
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Don't do it..lol
Might go with Jahan Dotson

This guy is looking like a beast!

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-fitting-right

I got a funny feeling bout this offense! Samuels is back 100 too?

Y’all mfers gonna be suprised…not me

He Gets Us
Old 06-02-2022, 10:54 PM   #1015
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Buying team merchandise just makes you a Snyder enabler (Yeah I know just watching them does as well so most of us are guilty).
Naw…I can’t do a damn thing about Snyder. Just have to accept it like this bullshit name change

He Gets Us
Old 06-03-2022, 09:05 AM   #1016
Meks
Pro Bowl

I kind of agree, you know, hit em where it hurts but it would take an absolute mass exodus of fans to never buy a single piece again.. then you have the team still selling to all the stores who usually net30 or pay up front for merch so the team, or Snyder per say, may still have that loophole of shrugging the responsibility in the immediate. There is no win for us as fans even if I personally won't buy anything new. I just have some places that I know still make skins jerseys and can be new players too that's decent quality so fine by me 🤷
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:38 AM   #1017
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I kind of agree, you know, hit em where it hurts but it would take an absolute mass exodus of fans to never buy a single piece again.. then you have the team still selling to all the stores who usually net30 or pay up front for merch so the team, or Snyder per say, may still have that loophole of shrugging the responsibility in the immediate. There is no win for us as fans even if I personally won't buy anything new. I just have some places that I know still make skins jerseys and can be new players too that's decent quality so fine by me 🤷
Folks really don't understand NFL profit sharing.

And even we did hit his wallet, DS is the type that is still taking his cut he just won't put as much back into the franchise. We have horrible training facilities and the stadium literally is a septic system.

The ones that hurt him is when the sponsors pull out. Didn't Bud pull out, i am sure if you go this year you can get a ice cold Miller/Coors. One leaves another backfills its too much money to ignore.
Old 06-03-2022, 01:32 PM   #1018
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Ok then do it before the end of the season. Beginning of the 2021 season. If this is everything I need and want in a player then there is no reason to string it out.

Your A list players need to have deals done long before you get to franchise tag mode. We don't have a lot of those kind of guys but #17 is one of them.
Your under the impression that the delay is solely on the team, which it doesn't appear to be the case. It could be, but there hasn't been any indication from Terry's side that this is the case. Both the player and the team are not going to agree to anything until there is either a.) a deal that they cannot refuse or b.) a deadline is coming up.

There was no way in hell Terry's agent would have agreed to anything during the season or right at the end of the season without seeing what type of deals free agents were getting.

Like you, I don't fully trust the team and they could still F this up. But unless the team comes and makes Terry the highest player in the NFL, nothing will happen until a deadline comes up. As Andrew Brandt said, "deadlines spur action."

All that being said, this would be such an win for the team if they did this now. Whatever they think they'd overpay for Terry, would be gained in trust from the fanbase.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:59 AM   #1019
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Nice guest on Al Galdi's pod, with a film breakdown of Carson Wentz's last 2 games last year.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4Hx...urce=copy-link

-He didn't play great, misreading concepts all the time
-Oline was garbage
-Playcalling was overly conservative and created way too much 3rd long

Are his 3 main take aways.

He also said Carson actually played way worse in the week 17 Raiders game than the week 18 Jags one, and I definitely agree.
I have said he didn't play nearly as bad as the narrative says in the final game, take away a couple of ugly mistakes and he had a decent game, the Oline and his receivers lost the game more than he did... But the Raiders game was hard to watch (I have a couple of gifs ready, just haven't had time to upload them yet), no particular play standing out in a good or a bad way, but just misreading and missed throws all over the place. Ugly and more concerning than the final game.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2022, 07:37 AM   #1020
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
He also said Carson actually played way worse in the week 17 Raiders game than the week 18 Jags one, and I definitely agree.
I have said he didn't play nearly as bad as the narrative says in the final game, take away a couple of ugly mistakes and he had a decent game, the Oline and his receivers lost the game more than he did... But the Raiders game was hard to watch (I have a couple of gifs ready, just haven't had time to upload them yet), no particular play standing out in a good or a bad way, but just misreading and missed throws all over the place. Ugly and more concerning than the final game.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Do you know if that was the only ugly game he has last year? Was that the one coming off of Covid reserve where he didn't get to practice for a week before the game? I am not going to make excuses for him but if that is the case then there is some logic to taking the Las Vegas game as a "one off". Still trying to remain positive
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote