When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #976
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
My wife is handicapped she use those spots we have the tags and placards ,you're practicing the jump the gun media you hate so much chico.
Oh well ha, that’s a big difference. Fuck people using them...that’s what I’m saying.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #977
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If your wife doing it with other spots available, then that’s bullshit. Inconsiderate.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:48 PM   #978
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
The first instinct was to protect his wife

The guy had no ,none ,justification to open up with deadly fire.

The cult will defend the crazy till the end.
G1, do you realize we all are basically in agreement that the shooter was in the wrong?

I said he's likely to lose any wrongful death lawsuit. Chico said the law needs to change. Do you just want to argue for argument sake?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:14 AM   #979
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
G1, do you realize we all are basically in agreement that the shooter was in the wrong?

I said he's likely to lose any wrongful death lawsuit. Chico said the law needs to change. Do you just want to argue for argument sake?
LOL, no you're not. Your spin is admitting the shooter was wrong and then immediately blame the dead guy. Even when the two of you are in agreement with someone it has to be on your terms.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:35 AM   #980
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

G1 is thinking a lot of how I see most people express opinions today...its like binary code 0 and 1...black and white, true and false, ying and yang, good and bad, like and dislike, thumbs up and thumbs down

Most want to be one way or the other and more important, they want consistency. That way its less thinking involved...social media has really made this worse.

Yes you can support the NRA and support forms of gun control, Yes you can be pro-immigration and support building a wall to secure a border, Yes you can be pro-environment issues and support deregulation of silly energy policy etc.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #981
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL, no you're not. Your spin is admitting the shooter was wrong and then immediately blame the dead guy. Even when the two of you are in agreement with someone it has to be on your terms.
hi pot
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #982
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
G1 is thinking a lot of how I see most people express opinions today...its like binary code 0 and 1...black and white, true and false, ying and yang, good and bad, like and dislike, thumbs up and thumbs down

Most want to be one way or the other and more important, they want consistency. That way its less thinking involved...social media has really made this worse.

Yes you can support the NRA and support forms of gun control, Yes you can be pro-immigration and support building a wall to secure a border, Yes you can be pro-environment issues and support deregulation of silly energy policy etc.
I get what you're saying with this, it's not always black and white as people want it to be.

But seriously, if it comes out that the NRA took up to 30 mil of Russia's money and funneled it to the Trump campaign that would be the last straw for me. It's bad enough they blanket oppose any regulation whatsoever.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #983
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
hi pot
#triggered
Old 07-23-2018, 12:45 PM   #984
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

To quote your buddy. "hi pot"!

You were so ready to jump me you never bothered to read my post you just assume my wife was doing the wrong thing. Chico you preach but you don't practice .
Old 07-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #985
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
But defending yourself from a young physically fit man(regardless of race) who has attacked you isnt cool. Got it.

Keep in mind, I doubt that the guy introduced himself and said he had a 5yo in the store and i am sorry we parked in a handicapped spot. Its nice to add facts after the event happens, but in the moment all this guy knew is whatever the lady had said to him and that this guy came out and attacked him.

I am sorry the man lost his life and especially that the children lost their father.

Finally, I wonder if it would have happened if the initial interaction between the lady and man included the woman apologizing and parking in a different spot.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/victims-gi...opstories.html
Old 07-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #986
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
To quote your buddy. "hi pot"!

You were so ready to jump me you never bothered to read my post you just assume my wife was doing the wrong thing. Chico you preach but you don't practice .
no I just misread/misunderstood your post. mistakes...I make them.

sorry bud, but obviously due to my previous post I was sympathizing with those who are handicap and do need those spots. I get mad when I see someone taking them.

Or you can simply refer to me as Chico the handicap basher...if that's the narrative you chose and simply ignore that previous post. Cherry pick what you like...very CNN of you.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #987
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
I simply don’t understand how that video is lawful. Instead of pulling the gun the guy should have called the police and the victim should have been charged with simple assault. That law needs to change.

Correct.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
End of story.
Thanks Chico. Was about to read about 100 posts to catch up but this says it all for me early on and ill just call it a day.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #988
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
no I just misread/misunderstood your post. mistakes...I make them.

sorry bud, but obviously due to my previous post I was sympathizing with those who are handicap and do need those spots. I get mad when I see someone taking them.

Or you can simply refer to me as Chico the handicap basher...if that's the narrative you chose and simply ignore that previous post. Cherry pick what you like...very CNN of you.
LOL, How very trump of you to not take responsibility.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #989
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL, How very trump of you to not take responsibility.
Dude really? The first line? Or the second? Come on man.

Actually, I blame obama...now that’s your bigly hero.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #990
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I thought it might be interesting to look at the applications for the "SYG" statute. Here is what I am using as the basis:

Florida Law on Self-Defense | Use of Deadly and Non Deadly Force

Under the "Use of Deadly Force" header, you can find the two legal justifications for "SYG."

They are:

Quote:
There are two primary statutes in Florida outlining when the use of deadly force is justified so as to avoid criminal liability. Under Section 776.012, Florida Statutes (Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” Law), a person is justified in using deadly force (and does not have a duty to retreat) if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony or to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another.

(Personal note: 2nd statute not applicable in this case)
So I ask, (and while fully admitting assault is wrong and the guy easily had grounds for being arrested and charged) did it appear like the gun owner was in imminent danger of a forcible felony being committed? No. Did it appear like death was imminent or even great bodily harm for that matter? No. Ergo, I believe the qualifications for stand your ground were not met. The guy went and picked a verbal fight, got surprised when a third party escalated it into a physical confrontation, and killed somebody over the shitty act (but not worthy of a death sentence) of taking a handicapped parking spot.

I don't think the guy was in danger of great bodily harm or death, and he should be charged with manslaughter at a minimum.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote