2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-03-2022, 09:38 AM   #1
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I kind of agree, you know, hit em where it hurts but it would take an absolute mass exodus of fans to never buy a single piece again.. then you have the team still selling to all the stores who usually net30 or pay up front for merch so the team, or Snyder per say, may still have that loophole of shrugging the responsibility in the immediate. There is no win for us as fans even if I personally won't buy anything new. I just have some places that I know still make skins jerseys and can be new players too that's decent quality so fine by me 🤷
Folks really don't understand NFL profit sharing.

And even we did hit his wallet, DS is the type that is still taking his cut he just won't put as much back into the franchise. We have horrible training facilities and the stadium literally is a septic system.

The ones that hurt him is when the sponsors pull out. Didn't Bud pull out, i am sure if you go this year you can get a ice cold Miller/Coors. One leaves another backfills its too much money to ignore.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:59 AM   #2
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Nice guest on Al Galdi's pod, with a film breakdown of Carson Wentz's last 2 games last year.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4Hx...urce=copy-link

-He didn't play great, misreading concepts all the time
-Oline was garbage
-Playcalling was overly conservative and created way too much 3rd long

Are his 3 main take aways.

He also said Carson actually played way worse in the week 17 Raiders game than the week 18 Jags one, and I definitely agree.
I have said he didn't play nearly as bad as the narrative says in the final game, take away a couple of ugly mistakes and he had a decent game, the Oline and his receivers lost the game more than he did... But the Raiders game was hard to watch (I have a couple of gifs ready, just haven't had time to upload them yet), no particular play standing out in a good or a bad way, but just misreading and missed throws all over the place. Ugly and more concerning than the final game.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2022, 07:37 AM   #3
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
He also said Carson actually played way worse in the week 17 Raiders game than the week 18 Jags one, and I definitely agree.
I have said he didn't play nearly as bad as the narrative says in the final game, take away a couple of ugly mistakes and he had a decent game, the Oline and his receivers lost the game more than he did... But the Raiders game was hard to watch (I have a couple of gifs ready, just haven't had time to upload them yet), no particular play standing out in a good or a bad way, but just misreading and missed throws all over the place. Ugly and more concerning than the final game.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Do you know if that was the only ugly game he has last year? Was that the one coming off of Covid reserve where he didn't get to practice for a week before the game? I am not going to make excuses for him but if that is the case then there is some logic to taking the Las Vegas game as a "one off". Still trying to remain positive
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:45 AM   #4
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Do you know if that was the only ugly game he has last year? Was that the one coming off of Covid reserve where he didn't get to practice for a week before the game? I am not going to make excuses for him but if that is the case then there is some logic to taking the Las Vegas game as a "one off". Still trying to remain positive
Yep, that's the one! Don't know to what extent he was physically affected but at the very least it would make sense that it affected his preparation process.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:41 PM   #5
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
So here are some plays from that week 17 Raiders game.

No atrocious mistake, but ugly throws and bad reads all over the place.
No really good play either, he had one good 2 minute drive to close the first half.
Way worse game than the Jags one. Carson didn't blame it on Covid, but it's hard to believe it has zero impact on your physical condition, and you need to be 100% sharp to play this position, plus it definitely screwed up his preparation "Definitely one of the weirdest weeks of my NFL career if not the weirdest".

This actually confirms to me that the narrative that Carson cost them the playoffs by losing to the Jags is a lazy one, if you watch the games, he played really bad in the Raiders one, but the OL and receiving corps lost the Jags game.

I still like the trade, and I still like Carson's upside. Plus he keeps saying the right things in every situation.
Now yes, when he's not in a good mental place, he's off. He was off during a couple of drives against the Jags, and pretty much the whole game against the Raiders.

1) The LB covering TY Hilton (slot right side) falls down, there's some pressure but he gotta see it. Barring a blown coverage, you don't get much more wide open than that in the NFL.

2) Just an ugly throw on an easy screen.

3) 3rd down play. Looks to me like Pitman is opened on the right side, he goes left on a difficult throw, short of the sticks.

4) Receiver opened for the first. High throw, incomplete.

5) "Highlight" of the game. Caping a good 2minutes drive, and setting up the rushing TD.

6) Only TD of the game could have been an amazing play, but the throw is short, should be intercepted, lucky TD
Old 06-07-2022, 12:34 AM   #6
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Hope that Rivera has the team going in the direction they need to go!
Old 06-06-2022, 08:29 PM   #7
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You wanna buy the jersey of a rookie who hasn't played a down yet? You must be smoking that loud pack.

I'd say invest in a McLaurin jersey but our recent history of not paying our top tier guys makes me more nervous than I should be right now.
A McLaurin jersey is a safe bet. And given the Allen signing last year, I think and hope they'll get a deal done.

I think the team has been cautious...and in some cases too cautious, in paying top tier guys that have questions marks (Schreff, Williams, Cousins).
R.I.P. #21

Last edited by Ruhskins; 06-07-2022 at 07:58 AM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:02 AM   #8
calia
Playmaker

Flowers, Collins and Humphries still all unsigned. I wonder if they try to bring any of them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2022, 07:49 AM   #9
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Flowers, Collins and Humphries still all unsigned. I wonder if they try to bring any of them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to bring Flowers back for sure. I would like Collins to be back too but it seems like we are content with replacing Collins with Butler.

I like Humphries but we already have Mline who can play the same role.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:16 AM   #10
EdmundDorf
The Starter

They are currently three deep at G so they are already going to have to jettison a couple of guys, adding Flowers doesn't make much sense unless they suddenly have some severe doubts about a couple of the guys they already have. Likewise WR is already a case of do they keep 7 guys like last year if not Milne or the new guy will have to be cut so I don't see any space on the roster to fit Humphries. Collins is a more interesting idea, they still could do with a 5th safety and as we all know are very thin at LB, with not many overwelmingly better options for the Buffalo Nickel position.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:43 PM   #11
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
They are currently three deep at G so they are already going to have to jettison a couple of guys, adding Flowers doesn't make much sense unless they suddenly have some severe doubts about a couple of the guys they already have. Likewise WR is already a case of do they keep 7 guys like last year if not Milne or the new guy will have to be cut so I don't see any space on the roster to fit Humphries. Collins is a more interesting idea, they still could do with a 5th safety and as we all know are very thin at LB, with not many overwelmingly better options for the Buffalo Nickel position.
I might imagine they would view Flowers as an upgrade over other Gs on the roster (I tend to agree), and so if the economics worked out, I would support it. I completely agree re: Humphries -- he was solid at moving the chains (something like 2/3 of his receptions were for first downs), but he wasn't targeted often. And I'd like to see Collins back as Buffalo nickel. I am just not sure I see him wanting to do that -- he still sees himself as a safety it seems.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:12 AM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/michaelpRTD/stat...BBNPoKjP91VB5A
Old 06-07-2022, 09:45 AM   #13
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This should be interesting. Whether one approves or not, no doubt Wright and company have been doing work of late with the changes.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 10:16 AM   #14
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
This should be interesting. Whether one approves or not, no doubt Wright and company have been doing work of late with the changes.
When one finds they have dug themselves into a hole the first thing they should do is stop digging. They're still digging.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:28 PM   #15
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Back to football….
What the fuck is this shit?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote