Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-18-2021, 11:52 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta say, love how some are more concerned about people saying China Virus (confirm origination of this plague from hell) at the same time using Brazilian variant, South African variant, UK variant, etc. is ok.

Makes me giggle

Watching leftist, communist propaganda in real time...
tucker's #1 fan
Old 03-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Gotta say, love how some are more concerned about people saying China Virus (confirm origination of this plague from hell) at the same time using Brazilian variant, South African variant, UK variant, etc. is ok.

Makes me giggle

Watching leftist, communist propaganda in real time...
It's not right when either side does it

It’s not the ‘British variant.’ It’s B.1.1.7
Old 03-18-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It's not right when either side does it

It’s not the ‘British variant.’ It’s B.1.1.7
Yeah strange you never hear that one side or constantly see leftist disregard their own dumb pc rules say it.

I brought this up a couple weeks ago to a close a Bernie bro friend who said the Johnson and Johnson can’t stop the uk or South African variants...to chastise...he laughed and said what? I said, exactly.

Again the rules are different and apply based on intersectional identity narratives. It ain’t hard to see

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #4
SunnySide
Playmaker

I honestly dont have a problem on the surface with people saying the China Flu or Wuhan Flu. By all known accounts ... it did originate from there.

My underlying problem is guys like Trump who seemed to coin it early on .. as if the nickname would absolve him from any responsibility and give the "America first" people a target to lay blame and direct anger.

Trumps MO was to try and nickname any incoming controversy so his herd would just repeat that and shut down any actual discussion or accountability.

Yeah it started in China and China sucks ... "shutting down flights from China bought you time .. but what did you do with that time to prepare?"
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I honestly dont have a problem on the surface with people saying the China Flu or Wuhan Flu. By all known accounts ... it did originate from there.

My underlying problem is guys like Trump who seemed to coin it early on .. as if the nickname would absolve him from any responsibility and give the "America first" people a target to lay blame and direct anger.

Trumps MO was to try and nickname any incoming controversy so his herd would just repeat that and shut down any actual discussion or accountability.

Yeah it started in China and China sucks ... "shutting down flights from China bought you time .. but what did you do with that time to prepare?"
This.

When Trump started calling it the China Virus, he did so to deflect blame from himself for his admin's response and to focus all the attention back to China for starting it. Which does exactly fuck all to stop the virus.

Gotta wonder how many other first world countries politicized mask-wearing and safety measures. Conservatives don't have a problem with mask-wearing when it's doctors and nurses in the OR though. But why would they wear masks if the masks don't do anything?
Old 03-18-2021, 03:08 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah when NBC news, cnn, John Acosta saying it early...it was fine.

Trump says it, bad. That’s really what it was about

Kinda like currently: kids housed in cages are fine now...Biden administration secretly working with Mexico to stop illegals coming in per NYT (another Trump policy), that’s fine too.

People who are easily offended are easily manipulated.

He Gets Us
Old 03-20-2021, 01:15 AM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Talking Re: Media Bias

I watch Fox News pretty regularly (I'd say about 2 times a week for Tucker and Shannon Bream), but I'd assume it's probably similar across CNN, etc. This is more of a grind the gears comment, but don't want to drag politics in there.

But I absolutely hate when shows have guests, and when they are giving a response you want to hear all of, the host cuts them off to go to commercials.

I get that commercials pay the bills, but either plan for less guests, or plan for the host talking less. Don't cut-off responses people want to hear.

More often than not, the guests actually share things you didn't know or speak about issues you are aware of in a different light.

It's just flat out rude. But TV time is valuable, so most of them just accept getting cut-off while responding.

Edit - Shannon Bream is at least 49 and definitely went to FSU for grad school. Thanks Wiki. She is even more hot now. Go Noles!

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 03-20-2021 at 02:35 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:51 AM   #8
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Chris Hahn is a huge piece of shit.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:56 AM   #9
nonniey
The Starter

Weekly dish "When The Narrative Replaces The News
How the media grotesquely distorted the Atlanta massacres"

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/...s-the-news-9ea
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:40 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Weekly dish "When The Narrative Replaces The News
How the media grotesquely distorted the Atlanta massacres"

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/...s-the-news-9ea
Andrew Sullivan is a great writer..I read this a couple days as well and he nails it.

It’s very predictable these...the media decides rather whether to push the story based on simply race narrative.

Another terrible story happened this week and the MSM chose to suppress this one based narrative criteria where 2 black teens set a disabled white man on fire which killed him in Rochester ny. The outlets who did report this conveniently left out the race of all individuals. If the races were reverse we would certainly see the hashtags, know the social media histories of both kids, etc.

He Gets Us
Old 03-21-2021, 02:43 PM   #11
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Andrew Sullivan is a great writer..I read this a couple days as well and he nails it.

It’s very predictable these...the media decides rather whether to push the story based on simply race narrative.

-----
Sullivan points out when the Emperor (ie president, media, senator etc) is wearing no clothes no matter what side of the political spectrum the Emperor happens to be on. He was a major critic of Trump as well (he detested him), yet even against that Jack-ass he'd pointed out when the media was out of line in many of their attacks.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:39 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p...t-displacement

Really great stuff here about writers and where it’s headed. Like I told others here...if trump won or loss, I win either way as the media/press/writers collapse and news room go thru massive layoffs.

“ Establishment media’s takeover by this strange brand of academic identity politics might grow even more powerful, if that’s even possible, but dissenters will find a place to sell alternative opinion; there’s a market. What there might not be much of a market for anymore is, well, you - college educated, urban, upwardly striving if not economically improving, woke, ironic, and selling that wokeness and that irony as your only product. Because you flooded the market. Everyone in your entire industry is selling the exact same thing, tired sarcastic jokes and bleating righteousness about injustices they don’t suffer under themselves, and it’s not good in basic economic terms if you’re selling the same thing as everyone else.”

Preach...

He Gets Us
Old 03-23-2021, 05:58 AM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The sadness of chico's delusions carries on.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:39 PM   #14
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The sadness of chico's delusions carries on.
I haven't been reading/posting here often enough to know the positions of regular posters yet. But I don't think it is a delusion to see how the media has become twisted and corrupted over past the 2-3 decades. Looking at last weeks media reporting on the Atlanta shootings it is hard to dispute Sullivan's conclusions that he laid out in the article I posted above. They are twisting/ have twisted the population into supporting collective guilt.

Last edited by nonniey; 03-23-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:02 PM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Social media influence is undeniable in forwarding this collapse of viable, honest news media.

Last week CNN wrote this about the Atlanta shootings as a headline article, front page

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/18/polit...ans/index.html

First sentence of the article:

it's immaterial whether the accused killer in the Atlanta spa shootings admits to a racist motivation. Asian Americans, already traumatized by a rising tide of hate, violence and rhetoric, have been living in fear for months

They are openingly saying “the facts don’t matter” here is the narrative you must believe.

This was written as the facts started to unravel in a USA Today article which interviewed people in his group home stating the guy had a sex addiction so terrible he was in group home therapy. They couldn’t find anyone to say he was a racist...social media post aside from a single China Virus” post didn’t give us insight to a character other than he was deeply religious.

If we actually look at crime stats acts of violence against Asians...and just other recent events...the white supremacy argument folds quickly.

It’s what’s exactly is happening today with the Boulder shooting...yesterday the narrative was “another white guy mass shooting”...today it “we need gun control”

What changed? We found out the shooters name. Bigoted statements on social media are being erased included those from meena Harris and daily show about evil whitey.

He Gets Us