The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-30-2022, 09:40 AM   #961
nonniey
The Starter

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
These states with no exception abortion bans even in the case of rape and incest... man that's just seriously fucked up

Pro lifers you ok with that?
Yes I think that is fucked up as well, but not nearly as fucked up as those states that have no questions asked (heck in Vermont it is actually no questions permitted) laws that allow abortion at anytime during pregnancy.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-30-2022, 09:54 AM   #962
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Yes I think that is fucked up as well, but not nearly as fucked up as those states that have no questions asked (heck in Vermont it is actually no questions permitted) laws that allow abortion at anytime during pregnancy.
You do realize there are legit medical reasons that may make a late term abortion necessary right? We're not talking about someone walking in and aborting an otherwise perfectly healthy baby just because the woman changed her mind last second. These types of abortions are rare.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:56 AM   #963
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Not true , "not anytime during pregnancy's" first trimester big difference.

Judicial history
In 1972, the Vermont Supreme Court made a ruling that effectively ended abortion restrictions in the state.[12] The US Supreme Court's decision in 1973's Roe v. Wade ruling meant the state could no longer regulate abortion in the first trimester.[10]

Clinic history

Number of abortion clinics in Vermont by year
See also: Abortion clinic
Between 1982 and 1992, the number of abortion clinics in the state declined by three, going from nineteen in 1982 to sixteen in 1992.[16] In 2014, there were six abortion clinics in the state.[17] 64% of the counties in the state did not have an abortion clinic. That year, 38% of women in the state aged 15–44 lived in a county without an abortion clinic.[18] In 2017, there were twelve Planned Parenthood clinics, of which six offered abortion services, in a state with a population of 136,459 women aged 15–49.[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aborti...%20all%20cases.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:03 AM   #964
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
You do realize there are legit medical reasons that may make a late term abortion necessary right? We're not talking about someone walking in and aborting an otherwise perfectly healthy baby just because the woman changed her mind last second. These types of abortions are rare.
It’s still murder tho

Would a compromise up to 15 week abortion national law work? It would still be more progressive than most of Europe?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:31 AM   #965
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It’s still murder tho

Would a compromise up to 15 week abortion national law work? It would still be more progressive than most of Europe?
I don't think it's a procedure anyone takes lightly, we're typically talking about a situation where the woman's life is in danger or the baby has a fatal condition. But if it makes you feel righteous to call it murder go ahead.

Compromise? You think the pro lifers are willing to compromise? They're coming for a national ban.

Back to my original question, states that are banning abortion even in the case of incest and rape, bad idea or no?
Old 06-30-2022, 10:47 AM   #966
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Matty - codify in law legal abortions for life of the mother, rape and incest, and make abortions for any other reason illegal. Are you ok with that?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:50 AM   #967
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Matty - codify in law legal abortions for life of the mother, rape and incest, and make abortions for any other reason illegal. Are you ok with that?
It's a start, I can't get behind being that strict though.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:05 AM   #968
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It’s still murder tho
chico, please, just shut up! You know not of what you speak.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:09 AM   #969
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I don't think it's a procedure anyone takes lightly, we're typically talking about a situation where the woman's life is in danger or the baby has a fatal condition. But if it makes you feel righteous to call it murder go ahead.

Compromise? You think the pro lifers are willing to compromise? They're coming for a national ban.

Back to my original question, states that are banning abortion even in the case of incest and rape, bad idea or no?
YES.It's a bad idea. The emotional damage that this will cause just can not be imagined.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:32 AM   #970
Giantone
Gamebreaker

True story.

A Military wife expecting second child 6 and 1/2 months along realized something was wrong . The fetus was dead but being stationed in NC she was to far along to allow for an abortion and was made to carry the child and deliver naturally . Just think of the living hell done to this Women knowing she is carrying her dead child and there was nothing she could do.
You think that would be enough but it gets worse. She has a miscarriage at the start of the 8th month and was investigated by Dept. of Health and contacted by the Police because the Hospital had to report it. All this going on while trying to bury her still born child.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:59 AM   #971
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
It’s still murder tho

Yes for me.

That gives (most) woman time to find out their pregnant and do something about it while its a non viable fetus. Most people think or thought abortion should be a scientific litmus test of "when is a fetus viable" ... and we could discuss and debate that.

but now the political hack of the SCOTUS is making the test/question a religious one.

Religion has no place in steering our government or laws. If you agree with that, you should disagree with what the SCOTUS did. If you dont agree with that, you are a cancer to our democracy.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:33 PM   #972
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Yes for me.

That gives (most) woman time to find out their pregnant and do something about it while its a non viable fetus. Most people think or thought abortion should be a scientific litmus test of "when is a fetus viable" ... and we could discuss and debate that.

but now the political hack of the SCOTUS is making the test/question a religious one.

Religion has no place in steering our government or laws. If you agree with that, you should disagree with what the SCOTUS did. If you dont agree with that, you are a cancer to our democracy.
95% abortions fall into the 15 week limit. Only exception would be life of the mother with two doctor sign off.

That’s my proposal

He Gets Us
Old 06-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #973
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I see Biden attacking the legitimacy of the Supreme Court is now ok. Bigly did it, media cried like lil bitches, now silent. Funny how that works

He Gets Us
Old 06-30-2022, 02:40 PM   #974
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
It's a start, I can't get behind being that strict though.
of course not. It's all about finding one exception after another.

That said, I answered your question here is one for you. Can we outlaw abortions regardless of term where the sperm donor and egg donor freely chose to have sex, are financially able to provide for the child (regardless of marital status), and have no life threatening (not quality of life) issues?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 02:51 PM   #975
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
of course not. It's all about finding one exception after another.

That said, I answered your question here is one for you. Can we outlaw abortions regardless of term where the sperm donor and egg donor freely chose to have sex, are financially able to provide for the child (regardless of marital status), and have no life threatening (not quality of life) issues?
I was thinking it's more along the lines of finding reasonable compromise, not exceptions.

The choice in the pro choice part of me isn't a big fan of the restrictions you're proposing.

I'm totally fine with someone who is pro life, if that's what works for you.

But in the end I think everyone deserves to make the choice that works best for them vs having options taken away.