When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #961
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So there wasn’t a way to diffuse the situation? I don’t think anyone should have gotten shot. Seems like the Wild West.
I don't know if there was a way, but clearly running out of the store and attacking the guy didnt diffuse the situation either. There were probably 4 to 5 critical choices leading to the final outcome, 2 were by the shooter.
The shooter could have not confronted the lady about illegal parking. I would not have.

The woman could have acknowledged there were other spots and moved.

The attacker could have walked out and verbally engaged the shooter, which would have opened many other options

The shooter could have waited to see if the attacker was reaching for a gun or adjusting his waistband.

My point is that the final act of the shot isn't an isolated action and that all 3 players made decisions that escalated instead of de-escalated the situation.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #962
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So there wasn’t a way to diffuse the situation? I don’t think anyone should have gotten shot. Seems like the Wild West.
There is a problem with that law.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #963
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 07-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #964
MTK
\m/

Quote:

It is the Wild West with that “stand your ground” BS, fucking Florida
Old 07-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #965
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't know if there was a way, but clearly running out of the store and attacking the guy didnt diffuse the situation either. There were probably 4 to 5 critical choices leading to the final outcome, 2 were by the shooter.
The shooter could have not confronted the lady about illegal parking. I would not have.

The woman could have acknowledged there were other spots and moved.

The attacker could have walked out and verbally engaged the shooter, which would have opened many other options

The shooter could have waited to see if the attacker was reaching for a gun or adjusting his waistband.

My point is that the final act of the shot isn't an isolated action and that all 3 players made decisions that escalated instead of de-escalated the situation.

The shooter also could have pulled and kept it in a stance that said "if you advance, you're dead."

Aka draw, aim it halfway between the ground and center mass, tell the guy "you move any closer and you die." If I'm an unarmed man and some guy draws on me, I'm standing down. Especially if it's some gung-ho redneck not playing around.

If the formerly alive guy had any sense whatsoever he would've realized it wasn't worth it and backed off. Then shooter calls the cops and lets them sort it out.

Instead he won't get that opportunity. Is pushing a guy a death sentence?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #966
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The shooter also could have pulled and kept it in a stance that said "if you advance, you're dead."

Aka draw, aim it halfway between the ground and center mass, tell the guy "you move any closer and you die." If I'm an unarmed man and some guy draws on me, I'm standing down. Especially if it's some gung-ho redneck not playing around.

If the formerly alive guy had any sense whatsoever he would've realized it wasn't worth it and backed off. Then shooter calls the cops and lets them sort it out.

Instead he won't get that opportunity. Is pushing a guy a death sentence?
I agree - if he thought about the guy advancing. The time from push to shot was 2 to 3 seconds. The part i think is critical is the 1 second as the shooters head turns and focuses, and i think he saw the hand movements of the attacker going to his back waist and thought a weapon(gun) was coming out.

Another part of the video that is obscured is what causes the attacker to run towards the shooter. If the shooter laid hands on the woman at all, then none of what i am suggesting matters anyway because the act of pushing the shooter away was warranted to begin with.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:07 PM   #967
Giantone
Gamebreaker

What I thought was critical was if the ass hole had just minded his own business and walked away then nothing would have happen but that is just me.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:03 AM   #968
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
What I thought was critical was if the ass hole had just minded his own business and walked away then nothing would have happen but that is just me.
I said the same thing a few posts earlier. And also if you know you are carrying, and going to put yourself into a possible confrontation then the standard should be higher.

I doubt he wins the upcoming wrongful death suit, because while its likely not a criminal act i think he certainly holds civil liability.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #969
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I see no problem with calling out folks for that...I work with several people with physical disabilities who need those spots. I work with a lady and it takes her 15 mins to walk into the building and yet she comes to work and decided not to sit home and collect a check.

This generation of faux concern and at the sametime over-sensative...at their core it still remains selfishness level we have never seen in our society. What I want the media not to do now is try to paint the couple as great people...they are still assholes, incompetent and inconsiderate. Let’s remember, that guy first instinct was to attack that guy...in front of his kid...instead of talking it out. He clearly didnt have the mental capacity in conflict resolution either.

But I still believe absolutely zero reason someone had to die over the incident. The shooter should be at minimum faceing manslaugher. I don’t think we want as a society people pulling guns at the slightest physical threat or altercation such as parking spaces. This stand your ground needs to be re thought...
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #970
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I see no problem with calling out folks for that...I work with several people with physical disabilities who need those spots. I work with a lady and it takes her 15 mins to walk into the building and yet she comes to work and decided not to sit home and collect a check.

This generation of faux concern and at the sametime over-sensative...at their core it still remains selfishness level we have never seen in our society. What I want the media not to do now is try to paint the couple as great people...they are still assholes, incompetent and inconsiderate. Let’s remember, that guy first instinct was to attack that guy...in front of his kid...instead of talking it out. He clearly didnt have the mental capacity in conflict resolution either.

But I still believe absolutely zero reason someone had to die over the incident. The shooter should be at minimum faceing manslaugher. I don’t think we want as a society people pulling guns at the slightest physical threat or altercation such as parking spaces. This stand your ground needs to be re thought...
Hint, not your job. There are signs, if they are being violated you call a Policeman.My wife is one that use's those parking spots and we run into that shit all the time can't think of one time where it was worth pulling a gun out and killing someone .

The guys first instinct was coming out and seeing someone in a confrontation with his wife and he intervened , see no reason for a gun to be drawn the video is clear.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #971
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hint, not your job. There are signs, if they are being violated you call a Policeman.My wife is one that use's those parking spots and we run into that shit all the time can't think of one time where it was worth pulling a gun out and killing someone .

The guys first instinct was coming out and seeing someone in a confrontation with his wife and he intervened , see no reason for a gun to be drawn the video is clear.
If your wife doing it with other spots available, then that’s bullshit. Inconsiderate.

Not a physical confrontation...if you see someone arguing then you think ok to put hands on someone? To get physical? No sorry, your breaking the law then and should be arrested.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #972
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

The guy saw someone parking in the handicap spot and first instinct was to correct them versus calling the police (which we all know would not have resulted in any thing)

The guy came out and first instinct was to attack the guy arguing with his wife

The guy was attacked and first instinct was to defend himself with deadly force.

I have found the culprit

Its this g**d*** guy called first instinct
Old 07-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #973
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
If your wife doing it with other spots available, then that’s bullshit. Inconsiderate.

Not a physical confrontation...if you see someone arguing then you think ok to put hands on someone? To get physical? No sorry, your breaking the law then and should be arrested.
My wife is handicapped she use those spots we have the tags and placards ,you're practicing the jump the gun media you hate so much chico.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #974
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The guy saw someone parking in the handicap spot and first instinct was to correct them versus calling the police (which we all know would not have resulted in any thing)

The guy came out and first instinct was to attack the guy arguing with his wife

The guy was attacked and first instinct was to defend himself with deadly force.

I have found the culprit

Its this g**d*** guy called first instinct
The first instinct was to protect his wife

The guy had no ,none ,justification to open up with deadly fire.

The cult will defend the crazy till the end.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #975
Giantone
Gamebreaker

For two such astute people you sure seem to miss alot on that video , like the couple going into the store obviously noticing the man over at the parked car and most likely btelling someone in the store there was an "altercation going on outside" and yes a good 4-5 seconds goes by between the push and the shooting I see you also miss the fact the man who did the pushing was backing up when shot.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/stand-...space-sheriff/