Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #946
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I saw Get Him to the Greek last night as well. I thought it was good, I didn't watch the previews or read up on it too much beforehand so I thought it was going to be a comedy mainly, but I was pleasantly suprised by the more serious moments in it. Not having a clear idea of what it's like to be in a famous musicians' entourage I wouldn't be suprised if that painted an accurate picture of what it is like.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #947
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I saw Get Him to the Greek last night as well. I thought it was good, I didn't watch the previews or read up on it too much beforehand so I thought it was going to be a comedy mainly, but I was pleasantly suprised by the more serious moments in it. Not having a clear idea of what it's like to be in a famous musicians' entourage I wouldn't be suprised if that painted an accurate picture of what it is like.
I had a similar opinion when I saw that last weekend and don't know about you but I was surprised how funny Diddy was.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:30 AM   #948
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
I had a similar opinion when I saw that last weekend and don't know about you but I was surprised how funny Diddy was.
Oh I definitely agree Diddy was hilarious throughout the whole movie. He definitely shined in the comedy scenes. I especially loved when

/SPOILER ALERT

he was on the set of that video with the gangster rapper and the rapper was like, why I gotta look gangsta? And Diddy was all, because the name of the song is "I'm Gangsta." And then he said the dude looked like Carlton from Fresh Prince and he did the Carlton dance, I thought that was one of the most hilarious scenes in the movie

Last edited by SmootSmack; 06-14-2010 at 05:18 AM. Reason: changed font color for spoiler alert
Old 06-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #949
MTK
\m/

Finally got around to watching Inglourious Basterds last night... loved it. One of Tarantino's best for sure.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #950
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Watched Daybreakers, awful awful movie.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #951
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Finally got around to watching Inglourious Basterds last night... loved it. One of Tarantino's best for sure.
I agree, I didn't realize that Pitt had the range to play the character that he did. I loved his calling card in that movie.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #952
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I agree, I didn't realize that Pitt had the range to play the character that he did. I loved his calling card in that movie.
Yeah Pitt was great. He doesn't often get the credit he deserves for being a great actor.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #953
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah Pitt was great. He doesn't often get the credit he deserves for being a great actor.

What if you could speak every language that was spoken in that movie, I think it would have even been more enjoyable.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #954
itvnetop
Playmaker

One week 'till Inception. The buzz on this one is ridiculous. Christopher Nolan just keeps bringing the heat.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #955
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
One week 'till Inception. The buzz on this one is ridiculous. Christopher Nolan just keeps bringing the heat.
Considering his track record (Memento, Batman Begins, Dark Knight) I'm not about to question Nolan. Or DiCaprio. (And Ellen Page is great too, loved her in Juno)

Anyway, while I'm not about to question him there is a little part of me that isn't sure if this will be awesome or just too weird. I have heard that they've been keeping the sickest parts of the movie out the trailer. So however bad ass you think it might be when you watch the trailer...you ain't seen nothing yet.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #956
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

@Matty: Yeah IB is a great movie, I absolutely love that one. Bought it on Blu-Ray like the first week it came out.

I'm looking forward to Inception as well. The previews have looked good and I like the concept so I'm probably gonna see that one.

I saw Grown Ups last week and Hot Tub Time Machine as well and I def. liked both of those. I felt like Grown Ups was a nice family movie but with Sandler and co. in it it definitely had some funny parts for adults in there too. All the guys (Sandler, Rock Schneider, Spade, James) did great and it was nice seeing old cast members from Sandler's other movies in there too.

Hot Tub Time Machine was funny too. I like that Clark kid from Sex Drive and overall it was a good funny movie but nothing mind blowing about it.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #957
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

So saw three movies this weekend: Paranormal Activity, Das Experiment, Zombieland (was home alone Friday and Saturday afternoon).

PA was ehh. Basic "ohh, scary things happening off camera, don't see monster a la' Blair Witch". Gave me a goosebump or two but not one that is gonna keep me up at nights. Also, just kept thinking - boy, the boyfriend is one dumb dude.

Das Experiment - Interesting, fictionalized account of the Stanford Prison Experiment fo 1971 (The Stanford Prison Experiment: A Simulation Study of the Psychology of Imprisonment). Professor has volunteers for an experiment: 8 prison guards, 12 prisoners. Experiment goes bad quickly. German subtitles. Fine to kill an afternoon with. If your current "list of movies I want to watch" is short, add it to the end. If it's long, put it in the middle somewhere.

Zombieland. - Overall, not bad. Woody Harrelson being Woody Harrelson. Emma Stone being hot. Teenage boy being angsty about Emma Stone being hot. Lots of zombies, not nearly as gory as it could have been put certainly a plenty o'blood. Good story - not just a shoot'em up zombie movie.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:41 AM   #958
itvnetop
Playmaker

Predators owned. I really dug the storyline and the technical stuff (especially the action shots and sound design) was top notch. The director is a Hungarian dude who did a really slick movie called "Kontroll."

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #959
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Predators owned. I really dug the storyline and the technical stuff (especially the action shots and sound design) was top notch. The director is a Hungarian dude who did a really slick movie called "Kontroll."
God bless you! I was hoping this wouldn't suck.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #960
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
definitely.. very good movie
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote