Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 07-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #931
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-s...-patients.html

This might fit better in the political COVID thread, but whatever.

Just sad. The last paragraph in the article got me. People will believe anything they hear but they won't ask their doctor for their opinion.

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #932
MTK
\m/

sad

They Spurned the Vaccine. Now They Want You to Know They Regret It.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:19 PM   #933
MTK
\m/

interesting read

How much worse can the coronavirus get?
Old 08-02-2021, 02:45 PM   #934
MTK
\m/

Nation hits 70 percent vaccination goal amid surging Delta variant
Old 08-09-2021, 11:47 AM   #935
MTK
\m/

Unvaccinated adults are bringing Covid home to their kids. Pediatricians are overwhelmed.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:20 AM   #936
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Really variants seem to be scarier than the COVID itself. Just saying!
Old 08-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #937
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Talking Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Really variants seem to be scarier than the COVID itself. Just saying!
I've had COVID and I got vaccinated.

I'd rather get COVID again then live my life in fear of variants. I've done everything asked of me. I want to live my fucking life again. I'm done wearing masks. If a business makes it mandatory, that's their choice, but they won't get my money.

Leave me the fuck alone.

Note - This isn't directed towards you, because you might be closer to the way I think than not. Or not. But it hit on something that I've already been thinking about.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 05:49 AM   #938
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I've had COVID and I got vaccinated.

I'd rather get COVID again then live my life in fear of variants. I've done everything asked of me. I want to live my fucking life again. I'm done wearing masks. If a business makes it mandatory, that's their choice, but they won't get my money.

Leave me the fuck alone.

Note - This isn't directed towards you, because you might be closer to the way I think than not. Or not. But it hit on something that I've already been thinking about.
I have the same sentiment but I refuse to take it out on any business.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:36 AM   #939
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I have the same sentiment but I refuse to take it out on any business.
If San Diego County makes them mandatory again, I won't, because they won't have a choice. But if they voluntarily decide to make then mandatory, that's a business decision on their end. I don't think shopping elsewhere for that decision is different than changing your spending habits based on any other decisions you might not like.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #940
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If San Diego County makes them mandatory again, I won't, because they won't have a choice. But if they voluntarily decide to make then mandatory, that's a business decision on their end. I don't think shopping elsewhere for that decision is different than changing your spending habits based on any other decisions you might not like.
If it's to protect their employee's it's fully understandable.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:12 AM   #941
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/scien...essure-tactics

Scientist Leading WHO Team Investigating Origins Of Pandemic Reverses Course, Reveals China Pressure Tactics

A top scientist leading the World Health Organization’s investigation into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic believes that it is “probable” that the pandemic originated in a Chinese lab and said that China pressured the WHO team to not look into the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV).

Wow…so the top scientist who lead the world health organization completely walks back his previous statements and says it’s likely the pandemic originated in a lab.

Huge news

And this is the science where China can’t produce an animal that has this:

The two explained that in gain-of-function research, a spike protein is altered for the purpose of making a virus more transmissible or lethal. A specific genomic sequence, CGG-CGG (known as “double CGG”), they said, has “never been found naturally” in “the entire class of coronaviruses that includes CoV-2.” They explained that natural processes could not create a sequence combination if it “isn’t present in any other virus.”

Believe the science right?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:42 AM   #942
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/scien...essure-tactics

Scientist Leading WHO Team Investigating Origins Of Pandemic Reverses Course, Reveals China Pressure Tactics

A top scientist leading the World Health Organization’s investigation into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic believes that it is “probable” that the pandemic originated in a Chinese lab and said that China pressured the WHO team to not look into the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV).

Wow…so the top scientist who lead the world health organization completely walks back his previous statements and says it’s likely the pandemic originated in a lab.

Huge news

And this is the science where China can’t produce an animal that has this:

The two explained that in gain-of-function research, a spike protein is altered for the purpose of making a virus more transmissible or lethal. A specific genomic sequence, CGG-CGG (known as “double CGG”), they said, has “never been found naturally” in “the entire class of coronaviruses that includes CoV-2.” They explained that natural processes could not create a sequence combination if it “isn’t present in any other virus.”

Believe the science right?
I am thrilled that you took an article that says A top scientist and took that to mean The top scientist.

Also we know where you're going with this, this needs to go in the political corona thread since clearly science is heavily politicized nowadays.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:36 AM   #943
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I am thrilled that you took an article that says A top scientist and took that to mean The top scientist.

Also we know where you're going with this, this needs to go in the political corona thread since clearly science is heavily politicized nowadays.
your take away is that?

In 2020, he was appointed mission head of the 13 member team of the World Health Organization's investigation into the origins of COVID-19.

The top scientist assigned by the WHO to lead the organization to investigate the origin of covid just backed tracked and says it came from a lab.

The only folks who politicized this topic is libs and media who said this was a conspiracy theory. Own it for once.

He Gets Us
Old 08-13-2021, 11:24 AM   #944
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
your take away is that?

In 2020, he was appointed mission head of the 13 member team of the World Health Organization's investigation into the origins of COVID-19.

The top scientist assigned by the WHO to lead the organization to investigate the origin of covid just backed tracked and says it came from a lab.

The only folks who politicized this topic is libs and media who said this was a conspiracy theory. Own it for once.
I'm not gonna argue with you on rando WHO scientist's credentials. I do not care about his credentials or position.

This thread is for non-political talk, talking about China creating the virus in a lab is clearly not meant for this thread.

Not taking you up on this argument because A. I'm not gonna jump the gun when one scientist starts putting theories out there, and B. this is not the proper forum. Nobody in the Parking Lot wants to hear you shit-talking China. Take that shit to the proper forum or fuck off.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #945
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm not gonna argue with you on rando WHO scientist's credentials. I do not care about his credentials or position.

This thread is for non-political talk, talking about China creating the virus in a lab is clearly not meant for this thread.

Not taking you up on this argument because A. I'm not gonna jump the gun when one scientist starts putting theories out there, and B. this is not the proper forum. Nobody in the Parking Lot wants to hear you shit-talking China. Take that shit to the proper forum or fuck off.
So you seriously think recognizing that the origin of the virus…the single biggest event since 9/11…is shit talking China?

You rather not speak on a major development of covid because in your mind this isn’t fair to China or something?

He Gets Us