Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-21-2022, 10:28 AM   #916
nonniey
The Starter

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

One of the 2 most hated Dems in the Senate (by the Dems). Do you Dems who post here still hate her?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...22_147772.html

"During an interview on ABC’s "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", President Biden hinted at his frustration with the most squirrelly members of the Senate Democratic caucus, Sens. Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin. ”The problem,” Biden said simply, “is we have 48 out of 50 senators vote with me 95% of the time.”

Instead of lumping the two senators together as party outliers gumming up the works, Biden should be celebrating Sinema for being a Democrat who gets things done. She was the lead negotiator, along with Republican Sen. Rob Portman, for one of the biggest legislative accomplishments of the Biden presidency: the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill. Sinema was also the catalyst for the gun safety deal nearing fruition. She sought out Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and took his advice to connect with Republicans John Cornyn of Texas and Thom Tillis of North Carolina. She brought along the Democrats’ leading gun control advocate, Connecticut’s Chris Murphy. Together, the bipartisan quartet found common ground on gun safety legislation when many thought common ground was nonexistent......"

Plus she (and Manchin) saved us from the Build Back Better act which, given what we all know now, would have been an economic catastrophe.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-21-2022, 03:26 PM   #917
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Texas , nothing but assholes!

The Texas Republican Party just voted 'overwhelmingly' to reject the legitimacy of Biden's 2020 election win and is trying to stir up fear about 'possible fraud' in the upcoming midterms

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-republi...194629085.html
Old 06-23-2022, 04:52 PM   #918
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Wealthiest Man In Illinois Moves His Business From Chicago To Miami Amid Feud With Democratic Leadership

https://www.dailywire.com/news/wealt...tic-leadership

Chicago has lost Boeing, Caterpillar and now Citadel in 60 days. All moving their headquarters out of state.

If people aren’t safe here, they’re not going to live here,” he told the outlet. “I’ve had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint. I’ve had a colleague stabbed on the way to work. Countless issues of burglary. I mean, that’s a really difficult backdrop with which to draw talent to your city from.”

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:36 PM   #919
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wealthiest Man In Illinois Moves His Business From Chicago To Miami Amid Feud With Democratic Leadership

Chicago has lost Boeing, Caterpillar and now Citadel in 60 days. All moving their headquarters out of state.

If people aren’t safe here, they’re not going to live here,” he told the outlet. “I’ve had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint. I’ve had a colleague stabbed on the way to work. Countless issues of burglary. I mean, that’s a really difficult backdrop with which to draw talent to your city from.”
LOL, yeah, so it has nothing to do with dumping the Union and hiring slave labor in Florida? STFU! chico you're dumber then a box of rocks.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:38 PM   #920
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

You’re an idiot. The end.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:20 PM   #921
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You’re an idiot. The end.
Punch why are you in a bad mood today? And why do I see libs calling for violence against people tonight. Even some calling for the death of scotus?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:35 PM   #922
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Punch why are you in a bad mood today? And why do I see libs calling for violence against people tonight. Even some calling for the death of scotus?

Im in a fantastic mood. It’s Friday. My good friend is in town. Yesterday was my anniversary. Just finished the yard work. My other friend has heady toppers. The weather is perfect. I have absolutely killer edibles. Darkstar orchestra is playing on the beach tomorrow night and I got free tickets. I could literally go on and on. I mean I literally could not be in a better place.
As far as what the Supreme court did today (pander to the political far right) well don’t worry about me Chico. Worry about women. Me and you, as men, should have no say. Know what I mean bro? (Tongue in cheek there, of course you don’t know what i mean. Lol).
Be less of an idiot and I hope your weekend is half as good as what I got lined up!

Last edited by punch it in; 06-24-2022 at 05:55 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:17 PM   #923
MTK
\m/

Liars

Same sex marriage will be next just watch

Strange day when people are celebrating the loss of women’s rights, something the majority of the country does not support

This could come back to haunt Republicans big time, even the orange idiot thought so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2022, 09:42 PM   #924
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Liars

Strange day when people are celebrating the loss of women’s rights, something the majority of the country does not support

This could come back to haunt Republicans big time, even the orange idiot thought so

If the majority of the country wants to legalize abortion, then have the lawmakers put their names to bills. The Supreme Court simply upheld the fact that abortion is not an inherent right. States, and local populations can vote to make it legal or illegal, so the pro-abortion movement ought to have no problem getting those laws passed.

separately:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-won...ce-11652218772
Quote:
Nationally, the number of babies aborted by black women each year far exceeds the combined number of blacks who drop out of school, who are sent to prison and who are murdered.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:03 PM   #925
MTK
\m/

I don’t subscribe to the WSJ so unfortunately I can’t read that article, where are you going with that point that we have a black abortion problem?
Old 06-25-2022, 05:25 PM   #926
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If the majority of the country wants to legalize abortion, then have the lawmakers put their names to bills. The Supreme Court simply upheld the fact that abortion is not an inherent right. States, and local populations can vote to make it legal or illegal, so the pro-abortion movement ought to have no problem getting those laws passed.

separately:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-won...ce-11652218772
BS, the Supreme Court Justice's use to wear Black Robes , now they are Blue and Red.

Sad how they say they are protecting unborn children but won't pass laws stop the murder of children in schools becuase everyone needs a gun.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:34 PM   #927
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Liars

Hopefully this will burn republicans at the ballot box!
Old 06-26-2022, 04:36 AM   #928
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
BS, the Supreme Court Justice's use to wear Black Robes , now they are Blue and Red.

Sad how they say they are protecting unborn children but won't pass laws stop the murder of children in schools becuase everyone needs a gun.
Again, 2019 alone saw 625,000+ legal abortions. If even 10% of those abortions could have gone on to live meaningful happy lives, that is over 64,000 lives lost due to lifestyle choices. The other 90% include rape/incest/risk to the woman's live due to age or other risk factors along with some that are very likely lifestyle choice alone but for the sake of making a point I am reducing the number to a bare minimum that could definitely be counted as a lifestyle choice alone

Lives lost in 2019 due to gun violence of any type? 39,707 gun deaths

stats -
Quote:
In the District of Columbia and 47 states that reported data to the CDC in 2019, the majority of women who had abortions (57%) were in their 20s, while about three-in-ten (31%) were in their 30s. Teens ages 13 to 19 accounted for 9% of those who had abortions, while women in their 40s accounted for 4%. {sidenote by me: 88% were women between 20 and 39, teens and women over 40 both have obvious and apparent risk to life during pregnancy}{second sidenote: I looked up rape statistics, and admit I am aghast by the number - 2019 rapes as reported by the department of Justice - 459,310. Given that rape is known to be highly under reported, this number and rape prevention deserve far more attention than either abortion or gun control in my point of lives lost/affected}

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-in-the-u-s-2/
Quote:
In 2019, there were 39,707 gun deaths in the U.S., of which
Approximately three in five were suicides, and 36% were homicides. 3,390 were children and teens (ages 0-19 years). 86% were male. Massachusetts had the lowest gun death rate, while Alaska had the highest.

New 2019 CDC Datahttps://efsgv.org › press › new-2019-cdc-data
If you want to talk about childrens lives lost, the argument of gun control vs limiting access to abortion is a no-brainer. Abortion destroys more lives by far than gun violence. If you want to argue that abortion impacts a woman's body only, so it is her "rights" that are being violated, you at least can make that argument. I think the rights of the unborn should be at least equal to a couple that chooses purely for convenience to abort that unborn child.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 06-26-2022 at 05:09 AM.
Old 06-26-2022, 04:48 AM   #929
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I don’t subscribe to the WSJ so unfortunately I can’t read that article, where are you going with that point that we have a black abortion problem?
Actually the article makes the case that the strongest determination in abortions is marriage status. The link I posted in response to G1 also shows that, with something like 85% of abortions are given to unwed pregnancies, and 15% to women who are married. Tie that with the destruction of the black family due to the insane war on drugs, and marijuana in particular, and you see where this country (both parties) have decimated black lives. It's a sad state that this fact gets overridden by the politics of liberals and conservatives vying to pump up their base.

Focusing on the sanctity of life, and the value of strong families, used to be a big part of what made the US a strong nation. Now we get parasitic politicians on both sides of the aisle who focus on single issue politics to whip core constituencies into frenzies. It has gone to a whole new level since Trump took office, and yes Trump is to blame for the blatant spewing of anti-civil discourse rhetoric, and I see the left to blame as well for constantly turning things into "THE GREATEST THREAT EVER" every chance they get.

The Supreme Court ruling opens the door for banning abortion, that is true. It also opens the door to states listening to their local electorate and legalizing abortion. The 10th amendment works when people let it. Most laws should not be federalized or back-doored into law by claiming actions not found in the Constitution as Constitutional Rights. And for G1, there is a method to make abortion a constitutional right, amend the constitution. We have done it to correct the biases and errors of the white male land owners that put it together before, and we have done it to correct the errors of amendments (ie Prohibition then no prohibition). If Abortion is to be a right preserved by the Constitution, amend it.

ps. I don't subscribe to WSJ either. Their paywall is weird, sometimes I can read articles, other times it is blocked.
Old 06-26-2022, 04:54 AM   #930
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Actually the article makes the case that the strongest determination in abortions is marriage status. The link I posted in response to G1 also shows that, with something like 85% of abortions are given to unwed pregnancies, and 15% to women who are married. Tie that with the destruction of the black family due to the insane war on drugs, and marijuana in particular, and you see where this country (both parties) have decimated black lives. It's a sad state that this fact gets overridden by the politics of liberals and conservatives vying to pump up their base.

Focusing on the sanctity of life, and the value of strong families, used to be a big part of what made the US a strong nation. Now we get parasitic politicians on both sides of the aisle who focus on single issue politics to whip core constituencies into frenzies. It has gone to a whole new level since Trump took office, and yes Trump is to blame for the blatant spewing of anti-civil discourse rhetoric, and I see the left to blame as well for constantly turning things into "THE GREATEST THREAT EVER" every chance they get.

The Supreme Court ruling opens the door for banning abortion, that is true. It also opens the door to states listening to their local electorate and legalizing abortion. The 10th amendment works when people let it. Most laws should not be federalized or back-doored into law by claiming actions not found in the Constitution as Constitutional Rights. And for G1, there is a method to make abortion a constitutional right, amend the constitution. We have done it to correct the biases and errors of the white male land owners that put it together before, and we have done it to correct the errors of amendments (ie Prohibition then no prohibition). If Abortion is to be a right preserved by the Constitution, amend it.

ps. I don't subscribe to WSJ either. Their paywall is weird, sometimes I can read articles, other times it is blocked.
You still don't address the lying by the SCJ's? Again you try to justify they say one thing and do another with your defense of abortion as oppose to stopping kids murdered in their classrooms.