Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 05-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #901
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

do you know what really grinds my gears?

pregnant and post-partum women.

when they're pregnant you cant tell them how wrong they are, ever. and trust me, they get dumb as shit when they are pregnant. its my fault you forgot why you went upstairs? really? my ****ing dog goes upstairs with a purpose, drinks some water and completes his mission. he doesnt walk around in circles in the kitchen for ten minutes like a retarded 4 yr old.

on top of the fact they get a free pass for letting loose the most foul and heinous farts you ever smelt in your life. honestly, wtf is that. in public, in the bed. we couldnt walk through the grocery store without her suddenly rushing me along from an aisle. your foul and your ass stinks. towards the end it was worse b/c she didnt een care abiut crop dusting anymore. no shame, no guilt, just stand there bathing in an almost visible cloud of butt funk. dont blame it on hormones. its more like death vapors leaking out your butt hole. it aint cute either.

Advertisements
Old 05-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #902
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Trying to go skydiving with a friend yet repeatedly having bad luck. And just because I feel like venting, here goes:

Back in January I bought a voucher off Travelzoo for $125 bucks, it was to go skydiving near DC (voucher worth $250, expires May 10). My friend who lives in NC bought the same voucher, and we made plans to go together. Now he and I have limited opportunities where we would be able to get together at the same time to do this so we picked April 22nd as the day to go do it, and we hoped nothing bad would happen that could screw it up since it was so close to the voucher expiration date.

Well as my luck goes in Warrenton (where the jump is scheduled) that day thunderstorms came through and DC Skydive cancelled all the activities for that day. Since we were rained out I called the booking company (Soaring Sports) and they extended my voucher until June 10th, since the weather is beyond my control. Well when they extended my voucher, they didn't have any time slots available for the days that me and my friend were available, so I had to shift my schedule around to make it work. (My boss let me work today so I could take Monday the 21st off to do it then). So I figured the odds that it would rain me out this time were slim to none, yet I kept checking the weather forecast this week just in case.

So today I check again, and the weather forecast for Monday keeps getting worse (as of now 60% chance of rain Monday), so I figured why not call Soaring Sports and hope they have two spots open tomorrow, because I don't want to go through the hassle of rescheduling yet again. Well, I call them today and ask them if they have any spots open tomorrow, and the person they connected me to told me I need to call DC Skydive and tell them I'm cancelling for Monday and want to reschedule, so I went ahead and called them. After sitting on hold for 15 minutes the chick from DC Skydive says she doesn't have the right paperwork for me, and that I need to call XYZ Company and tell them to send DC Skydive the right paperwork. So she gives me the number for them and I call them, and then they tell me that DC Skydive referred me to the wrong company, so I need to call DC Skydive back and get the right number from them. Well I'm getting agitated at this point but I do it anyways because I just want to get this jump over and done with at this point. So I call DC Skydive back and after sitting on hold for 15 minutes they give me the number to the right company, so I call them and tell them to send DC Skydive the right paperwork, and this lady says they will, yada yada. So I call DC Skydive back and they say they haven't received the paperwork yet, and they'll call me when they receive the paperwork (hours later and they called me back while I was typing this post).

So now I let a couple hours pass and I call Soaring Sports again. After sitting on hold for another 15 minutes someone finally answers the line (and this chick is a lot nicer than the person I dealt with earlier). I ask her if there's any spots tomorrow for me and my friend to go and then I sit on hold for another 10 minutes while she's checking. So right after she takes me off hold she starts talking and the call drops. So I call her back and it puts me on hold for another 15 minutes. I get back through to her finally and I hear her say "yes we have two spots open for 9 am tomorrow" and the call f'n drops again. So I call back again, and yet again after another 15 minute hold I get through and manage to tell her I'll take them just in time before she starts saying "hello, hello" and the call drops again. Right after I get off the phone with her someone from DC Skydive calls and asks me to confirm the jump for Monday, and I told her I just rescheduled for tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. If it doesn't happen tomorrow for whatever reason I think I'm just going to call and ask for my money back. I'd rather jump than go through the hassle of getting my money back (paid 125 for the voucher and 80 for video), but we'll see. Either way it's been a major pain in the ass trying to set this up. I've been on the phone with all these reps from different companies setting shit up (first time I rescheduled I had to call and reschedule again because they didn't reschedule both our jumps together, so this is theoretically the third or fourth time I've rescheduled for both of us to go).
Old 05-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #903
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
do you know what really grinds my gears?

pregnant and post-partum women.

when they're pregnant you cant tell them how wrong they are, ever. and trust me, they get dumb as shit when they are pregnant. its my fault you forgot why you went upstairs? really? my ****ing dog goes upstairs with a purpose, drinks some water and completes his mission. he doesnt walk around in circles in the kitchen for ten minutes like a retarded 4 yr old.

on top of the fact they get a free pass for letting loose the most foul and heinous farts you ever smelt in your life. honestly, wtf is that. in public, in the bed. we couldnt walk through the grocery store without her suddenly rushing me along from an aisle. your foul and your ass stinks. towards the end it was worse b/c she didnt een care abiut crop dusting anymore. no shame, no guilt, just stand there bathing in an almost visible cloud of butt funk. dont blame it on hormones. its more like death vapors leaking out your butt hole. it aint cute either.
Then you going to love the hell out of menopause. lol.

Your fart gripe is hilarious. My wife blames her farts on having her gallbladder taken out. She says everything makes her gassy and she'll go all day holding that shit at work but when she gets home in front of me its PPPLLLLLBBBBBTTTTT. She's around other women all day, one would think it would be like being around the guys, but no she saves it for when she is at home. I complain everytime. I tell her she's supposed to crap in the bathroom, or fart their, then I'll be in the bathroom and she'll walk in and fart and laugh or if I have to get something while she's in the bathroom say brushing her teeth she lets loose. I'm like WTF? and she's like you told me to do it in the bathroom.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #904
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Moob....

Not to, you know, jinx you but make sure you pack has a shute(sp) in it tomorrow.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #905
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
she'll go all day holding that shit at work
tell her to walk to the ladies room and stop holding it
Old 05-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #906
MTK
\m/

Monday mornings... grrrr
Old 05-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #907
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Monday mornings... grrrr
Add to it the one person in your office that just hearing their voice makes you grind your teeth. This one dumb hump backed fat ugly pale piece of shit that some call woman; comes in every Monday morning with the thought in her fat self centered skull that everyone is just dying to hear what her little offspring did over the weekend. Literally her computer is not turned on until 10 am; just going from cube to cube spewing the same dribble.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #908
MTK
\m/

^ those are always the same people that complain they are sooo busy and have too much work to do. It's like no shit, you spend half your day running your mouth. Try sitting down and doing some work for a change.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #909
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
^ those are always the same people that complain they are sooo busy and have too much work to do. It's like no shit, you spend half your day running your mouth. Try sitting down and doing some work for a change.
Walk by her cube at any time and she is stretched out watching Hulu. Just a waste of space and a lot of it.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #910
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Walk by her cube at any time and she is stretched out watching Hulu. Just a waste of space and a lot of it.
That's when you start commenting loudly on what she's doing when you walked by.

Say as loud as you need to for any supervisor anywhere to hear..."Hey, I didn't see that episode yet, Bertha...tell us what happens what you're finished watching it."

Or, "Looks like you have the new subscription service from Hulu, Bertha!"

Always use her name. Do it every time.

We just fired your co-worker's twin I think. She was huge and lazy, would even snore loudly at her desk.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #911
los panda
Pro Bowl

it's not that hard to grasp...

your/you're
there/their/they're
to/too

you're tucking your shirt in?
they're going to tuck their shirts when they get there.
i plan to tuck my shirt in, too.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #912
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
That's when you start commenting loudly on what she's doing when you walked by.

Say as loud as you need to for any supervisor anywhere to hear..."Hey, I didn't see that episode yet, Bertha...tell us what happens what you're finished watching it."

Or, "Looks like you have the new subscription service from Hulu, Bertha!"

Always use her name. Do it every time.

We just fired your co-worker's twin I think. She was huge and lazy, would even snore loudly at her desk.
I have never been a whistle blower but once I drew up a email to a group of folks and included her in it saying that IT is now tracking IP addresses and their bandwidth usage specifically when streaming content. She didn't go on for months and she was all nervous about it. It did back fire a bit because I never told my friend Chris that it was joke and he didn't listen to Pandora for months as well. She is back to her old tricks now.

My co-worker and your co-worker are in everyone's office you just got learn to ignore them. They get that one job that is at their pace and they sit there and rot. No desire to move up or do better just happy with the same day to day BS.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #913
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ok, I"m going full rage mode here.

What grinds my gears? Lazy ass state workers. I can understand having a downtime from not having anything to do, but when issues come up, get off your ass and do your job. When I check your calendar, and schedule a meeting to run some networking tests at a remote site, ****ING BE AVAILABLE YOU PIECES OF SHIT. Better yet, don't accept the invite and then send me multiple emails the day of trying to get out of doing your job.

First email: Are you still planning on heading to remote location today? We’re supposed to get a bad storm this afternoon.

My reply: Yes I do. If by chance it’s bad around noon when I leave, I’ll postpone it. If not, I’ll be heading down so I can get this out of the way.

Her reply: OK. My coworker is working from home today and I have the Firewall Audit vendor on-site. I’ll try to be available for you if you need me, but I’m not sure how much assistance I can offer. Considering the info that was learned about the site when we met a few weeks ago, it sounds like the general design may be at the heart of it.

THAT"S WHY I CHECK PEOPLE"S CALENDARS BEFORE INVITING THEM TO STUFF!!! God damnit, I hate state workers sometimes. It's obvious this sorry lazy bitch is trying to get out of doing her job.

Know what else grinds my gears? Having a boss that makes double what I make without no college degree or IT certification, and he can't even remember shit from last week that we had a 2 hour meeting on. He's asking me about how long this unit has had networking issues, when it was HE that originally sent me the email about them having issues, AND the fact he's been included in ALL of my ****ing emails detailing everything.

Really? Really? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? Double my salary and I have to hold your ****ing hand?

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #914
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I have never been a whistle blower but once I drew up a email to a group of folks and included her in it saying that IT is now tracking IP addresses and their bandwidth usage specifically when streaming content. She didn't go on for months and she was all nervous about it. It did back fire a bit because I never told my friend Chris that it was joke and he didn't listen to Pandora for months as well. She is back to her old tricks now.

My co-worker and your co-worker are in everyone's office you just got learn to ignore them. They get that one job that is at their pace and they sit there and rot. No desire to move up or do better just happy with the same day to day BS.
Install a Blue Coat unit, then play whack-a-mole with the offenders and enjoy them squirming when they call to report their browser having issues with unnamed sites.

Yeah, I hate those people too....
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #915
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Delayed flights

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote