Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-29-2021, 02:51 PM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Fuck China (their government, not all citizens)

Fuck COVID.

No need to act like Trump's response was great. But I'm not real big into assigning deaths to people either. This was never seen before. Not exactly an easy thing to have a perfect response to. No one knew what was going the 1st few months.

Government should be investing heavily in masks research. Half the masks people are wearing are absolutely bush league or not even actually masks.

Develop a mask that looks like a top gun helmet, and I'll wear it even inside by myself.

Note - Not drunk lol, but I'm not really disagreeing with anyone here. The government's number 1 job is the safety of its citizens. We need to get way better.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:50 AM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Fuck China (their government, not all citizens)

Fuck COVID.

No need to act like Trump's response was great. But I'm not real big into assigning deaths to people either. This was never seen before. Not exactly an easy thing to have a perfect response to. No one knew what was going the 1st few months.

Government should be investing heavily in masks research. Half the masks people are wearing are absolutely bush league or not even actually masks.

Develop a mask that looks like a top gun helmet, and I'll wear it even inside by myself.

Note - Not drunk lol, but I'm not really disagreeing with anyone here. The government's number 1 job is the safety of its citizens. We need to get way better.
This is where I disagree. This particular strain of COVID has never been seen before, but throughout history there have been times where highly contagious viruses have spread throughout the public (some causing death, some not). Obama even had a pandemic playbook (not saying it would've been the be-all/end-all solution) which they could've used as a guide. Kinda talking out of my ass on this one, Trump has never acknowledged a single good thing Obama did so it was inevitable he would ignore any advice coming from that camp.

At the bare minimum, things might not have taken such a toll if our last president had taken it seriously from day one. He ignored it until it couldn't be ignored because he wanted to keep the economy propped up so he could win reelection. His initial downplaying and refusal to take it seriously could also cost us herd immunity if enough of his supporters refuse to get the vaccine (throwing a bone here, I have several minority coworkers who lean Dem that also don't care for the vaccine much due to gov't distrust, so the problem is more than just conservatives on this one).
Old 03-30-2021, 08:50 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This is where I disagree. This particular strain of COVID has never been seen before, but throughout history there have been times where highly contagious viruses have spread throughout the public (some causing death, some not). Obama even had a pandemic playbook (not saying it would've been the be-all/end-all solution) which they could've used as a guide. Kinda talking out of my ass on this one, Trump has never acknowledged a single good thing Obama did so it was inevitable he would ignore any advice coming from that camp.

At the bare minimum, things might not have taken such a toll if our last president had taken it seriously from day one. He ignored it until it couldn't be ignored because he wanted to keep the economy propped up so he could win reelection. His initial downplaying and refusal to take it seriously could also cost us herd immunity if enough of his supporters refuse to get the vaccine (throwing a bone here, I have several minority coworkers who lean Dem that also don't care for the vaccine much due to gov't distrust, so the problem is more than just conservatives on this one).
Here is Kamala Harris telling everyone campaigning she won’t get the vaccine if trump tells the country to get it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/2020-v...virus-vaccine/

Receipts are a hellavu drug

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #4
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Here is Kamala Harris telling everyone campaigning she won’t get the vaccine if trump tells the country to get it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/2020-v...virus-vaccine/

Receipts are a hellavu drug
"If the health experts, if Dr. Fauci says to take it ... Ill be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us to take it, Im not taking it"

Thats literally what she said in your receipt.

Re Fauci mask thing back in February, he said they worried a public mask recommendation would effect the health workers ability to secure them and they wanted front line people to have access to them.

This kind of looking back finger pointing .. I dont know what it is going to solve. Lots of mistakes were made unintentionally and intentionally.

Next pandemic .. lets not make it political.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:22 PM   #5
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
"If the health experts, if Dr. Fauci says to take it ... Ill be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us to take it, Im not taking it"

Re Fauci mask thing back in February, he said they worried a public mask recommendation would effect the health workers ability to secure them and they wanted front line people to have access to them.

This kind of looking back finger pointing .. I dont know what it is going to solve. Lots of mistakes were made unintentionally and intentionally.

Dont ruin Chicos game of deflection....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:15 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Acting as if fauci and trump were saying two different things about the vaccine...both said get the shot.

It’s dishonest and completely irresponsible of harris as well as putting lives at risk. Not really surprising from this worthless bitch who plagiarized mlk fweedom story as her own

He Gets Us
Old 03-29-2021, 02:54 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I can say one thing about Biden, he has done a good job of building the vaccinations out at a not only steady pace but an expanded pace of shots to arm. His presidency came in at about 950k avg per day and now 3 - 3.5 million per is a good pace. Johnson and Johnson really helped with there 1 shot, no super cold transport...but good job by the administration

Some states, like here in Virginia, did a really poor job at first, but have gotten better.

He Gets Us
Old 03-29-2021, 03:22 PM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

How or why there arent N95 masks for the public blows my mind.
Covid hit a year ago .. we should have all had N95 masks 6 months ago.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:48 PM   #9
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
How or why there arent N95 masks for the public blows my mind.

Covid hit a year ago .. we should have all had N95 masks 6 months ago.

There are KN95 masks available on Amazon. Chinese version of the N 95. Both rated the same. Im a big fan.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:10 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Do I seriously have to repost the media headlines with all the pundits who said no covid isn’t a threat and to worry more about the flu? Fauci stating in March last year not to wear a mask. CDC guidelines weren’t consistent or correct.

Yeah Obama had a plan...like dismantling 200 million dollars GOP Health emergency preparedness supplies including hundreds of ventilators in California in 2011-2012. No evidence he would done anything different.

Biden, pelosi chose to politicize the correct moves of cutting travel overseas.

Here is Biden chief of staff Ronald Klain telling folks to go down to Chinatown, definitely help spread covid leading to New York worst hotspot in the entire pandemic:
@RonaldKlain
·
Feb 28, 2020
On #COVIDー19: If you want to do something useful today, go to Chinatown -- buy a meal, go shopping. The virus attacks humans, not people of any ethnicity/race. Fear is hurting Chinese-American owned businesses, baselessly. Let's fight the disease AND let's fight prejudice.

^He spread covid to fight racism. Good stuff

We can even see today policies not working to stop spread. Texas, no mask mandate for 3 weeks cases down 17% since....Michigan still mask mandated in the same time, cases up 133%. The folks in charge still getting it wrong

He Gets Us
Old 03-30-2021, 07:28 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Do I seriously have to repost the media headlines with all the pundits who said no covid isn’t a threat and to worry more about the flu? Fauci stating in March last year not to wear a mask. CDC guidelines weren’t consistent or correct.

Yeah Obama had a plan...like dismantling 200 million dollars GOP Health emergency preparedness supplies including hundreds of ventilators in California in 2011-2012. No evidence he would done anything different.

Biden, pelosi chose to politicize the correct moves of cutting travel overseas.

Here is Biden chief of staff Ronald Klain telling folks to go down to Chinatown, definitely help spread covid leading to New York worst hotspot in the entire pandemic:

@RonaldKlain

·

Feb 28, 2020

On #COVIDー19: If you want to do something useful today, go to Chinatown -- buy a meal, go shopping. The virus attacks humans, not people of any ethnicity/race. Fear is hurting Chinese-American owned businesses, baselessly. Let's fight the disease AND let's fight prejudice.

^He spread covid to fight racism. Good stuff

We can even see today policies not working to stop spread. Texas, no mask mandate for 3 weeks cases down 17% since....Michigan still mask mandated in the same time, cases up 133%. The folks in charge still getting it wrong

People were going out with masks and distancing Chico. He was simply saying Chinatown was no more dangerous then any other area. Had to cus racist guy made all his sheep think it was.
And the difference with these other people is they quickly corrected themselves when science tells then they were wrong - they do not keep going with their lies like a three year old.
As for the mask mandate and the drop in cases well im sure there are more factors in place. Vaccines. Maybe alot of the common sense folk are staying home because of the lift on the mask mandate. Bottom line is if you think masking up correlates with more covid cases you are just wrong.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:43 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
People were going out with masks and distancing Chico. He was simply saying Chinatown was no more dangerous then any other area. Had to cus racist guy made all his sheep think it was.
And the difference with these other people is they quickly corrected themselves when science tells then they were wrong - they do not keep going with their lies like a three year old.
As for the mask mandate and the drop in cases well im sure there are more factors in place. Vaccines. Maybe alot of the common sense folk are staying home because of the lift on the mask mandate. Bottom line is if you think masking up correlates with more covid cases you are just wrong.
This is an absolute lie, here is mayor de Blasio dining out same time in Chinatown and encouraging others to do the same...no mask, no distancing:

https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...kers-visit/#/0

We aren’t rewriting history like New York was some beacon of truth..,horseshit leadership from top to bottom...throwing covid patients with the most vulnerable in nursing homes, while cuomo was illegally providing testing to Dems and his own family.

He Gets Us
Old 03-30-2021, 08:27 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Chico is officially the drunk uncle of the Warpath

Old 03-30-2021, 08:53 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote: