Redskins vs SD Super Chargers pre game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #76
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Re: Redskins vs SD Super Chargers pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Thats a pretty awesome birthday. Is it your first home game or your first home game in a suite?
Just the first time in a suite. I can't even count the number of home games I've been to, although I haven't been to as many over the last few seasons.
The chargers are pretty decent but I'm hoping for a memorable game.

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #77
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

The way the thread read I thought we were playing in San Diego. Crusty's tip of the week brought to you in part by Bud Light. Home team always comes second when listed so you know where the game is. For example a few key games Sunday will be Cowboys/ Vikings and San Diego v. Washington. Thanks Ill be here all week. HTTR Skins by a fg.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #78
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I see Pryor at the top of the list,thank God he didnt play against us.On both those td runs he had last week against the steelers his explosiveness was unbelievable,I'm not sure RG3 even had that kind of explosiveness last yr.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #79
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Did anybody see this article? I think I saw a link to it in the Washington Post
Story Time with the Original Hogs - Hogs Haven

Mark May was asked about the current teams struggles,he says a lot of it is attitude.Seems like a lot of ex redskins talk about how sorry the attitude is around the Redskins,I dont know if its sour grapes or its true.I know something is not right,something needs to be done to change the culture around redskin park,I dont know if a new coach can do that or not.This is what he said:

I think we just need an adjustment in attitude... Some of the things that they're doing are just unacceptable. You're not breaking down the ball defensively, you're not closing until the end, you're not giving 100 percent. You can tackle a guy on the five instead of giving up on the ten and letting him go score a touchdown. Under Richie Petitbon, you wouldn't be in the game.

And the way I see some of their linemen, whey they block, they give up the end of the play instead of running down the field and helping out the running back or wide receiver another eight or ten yards down the field. Picking off bodies in the pile ‘cause they've got eight, nine defenders knocking your running back around. Get somebody. It's just an attitude that they just don't have anymore.

Maybe it's just me being old and the game has changed, but we had the attitude that we protected one another and we did not give up on a play. And come heck or high water, you're gonna have to drag us off the field if you're going to beat us. You better be playing your best to beat us because we're not giving up. And I just got frustrated just watching the carelessness of their attitudes out there. Maybe I'm just from a different era because when we played, we didn't have that. Because we'd pull for one another.

And the thing is, if you were a dog, we knew before the coaches would. If they drafted a dog or signed one, we knew. And we got rid of him. Because we went out in practice and kicked your butt and proved to the coaches that you didn't belong. And they just need to have that attitude.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #80
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Just the first time in a suite. I can't even count the number of home games I've been to, although I haven't been to as many over the last few seasons.
The chargers are pretty decent but I'm hoping for a memorable game.
Take some pics of the suite if u can. Enjoy the win. HTTR!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I see Pryor at the top of the list,thank God he didnt play against us.On both those td runs he had last week against the steelers his explosiveness was unbelievable,I'm not sure RG3 even had that kind of explosiveness last yr.
How quickly you forget. Lol.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #82
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbi3JVoX-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2p1jjZ6UE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPOZ8haVl50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcceo1UrXbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-R0yL0ixRY

I respectfully disagree.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #83
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Did anybody see this article? I think I saw a link to it in the Washington Post
Story Time with the Original Hogs - Hogs Haven

Mark May was asked about the current teams struggles,he says a lot of it is attitude.Seems like a lot of ex redskins talk about how sorry the attitude is around the Redskins,I dont know if its sour grapes or its true.I know something is not right,something needs to be done to change the culture around redskin park,I dont know if a new coach can do that or not.This is what he said:

I think we just need an adjustment in attitude... Some of the things that they're doing are just unacceptable. You're not breaking down the ball defensively, you're not closing until the end, you're not giving 100 percent. You can tackle a guy on the five instead of giving up on the ten and letting him go score a touchdown. Under Richie Petitbon, you wouldn't be in the game.

And the way I see some of their linemen, whey they block, they give up the end of the play instead of running down the field and helping out the running back or wide receiver another eight or ten yards down the field. Picking off bodies in the pile ‘cause they've got eight, nine defenders knocking your running back around. Get somebody. It's just an attitude that they just don't have anymore.

Maybe it's just me being old and the game has changed, but we had the attitude that we protected one another and we did not give up on a play. And come heck or high water, you're gonna have to drag us off the field if you're going to beat us. You better be playing your best to beat us because we're not giving up. And I just got frustrated just watching the carelessness of their attitudes out there. Maybe I'm just from a different era because when we played, we didn't have that. Because we'd pull for one another.

And the thing is, if you were a dog, we knew before the coaches would. If they drafted a dog or signed one, we knew. And we got rid of him. Because we went out in practice and kicked your butt and proved to the coaches that you didn't belong. And they just need to have that attitude.
I've been shocked to not hear more of this kind of reaction to the redskins this season. Maybe not so much from the sports media because it's become so commercialized and serves business interests more than the fan, but definitely among us fans I've expected basically an overwhelming consensus the regime has completely lost the team. Watching live last week cemented it for me. No intensity from our players. Not on the field or sidelines. No comeraderie between players. It's just a dead team.

Why aren't people talking about it?
Old 11-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #84
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Why don't my posts show as the last written? I only see them when I click into the threads. Anybody else seeing it?
Old 11-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #85
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I did say I'm not sure,so theres nothing to disagree with,it wasnt a knock on RG3,just an observation on Pryor
Old 11-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #86
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I did say I'm not sure,so theres nothing to disagree with,it wasnt a knock on RG3,just an observation on Pryor
I knew that, but the acceleration and wheels rg-3 had last year and will have again are second to none.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #87
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I knew that, but the acceleration and wheels rg-3 had last year and will have again are second to none.
Ok its cool.Rg3 was bad ass last yr but I dont think he's any faster than Pryor on those runs,again not a knock on RG3,I just thought Pryor looked damn good on those runs,also Pryor is allegedly faster than RG3
Terrelle Pryor thinks he's second fastest NFL QB but is he? - Silver And Black Pride
Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #88
Bucket
Playmaker

We struggle big time against 3-4 defenses. Im hoping the start with some up tempo combination routes to get RG3 going instead of the long to short approach
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #89
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Ok its cool.Rg3 was bad ass last yr but I dont think he's any faster than Pryor on those runs,again not a knock on RG3,I just thought Pryor looked damn good on those runs,also Pryor is allegedly faster than RG3
Terrelle Pryor thinks he's second fastest NFL QB but is he? - Silver And Black Pride
As far as straight line speed goes, they are definitely on par with each other.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #90
Bucket
Playmaker

Pryor is faster than RG3 at this moment in time.

No were near the QB though. Although, the Raiders do better job of using his talents against defenses than we do RG3.

If we try that in the pocket mess we did last week. Well, we will lose tomorrow.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote